Home

idea for an add-on

Most battles (unless fought by a clan) are not very coördinated.

I think it would be a nice feature to have a commanding slot (for each side) in every game.

The commander plays the game as an RTS; has a good overview of the battlefield, selects units and gives them orders (kill, destroy, repair, supply, etc.) and even tells them where to spawn as what. Bots will automaticly follow these orders, whereas players will see their orders (flashing) on their HUD and map (radar) as well as hear an audio message.

Well that's it basically, here are some additional thoughts:

- This commanding role could be aquired through a rating system (leaderboards?), (trying) to make sure experienced players, who know the maps well, get this role.

- Additional options could be given to the commander, like f.i. supplying units through dropships instead of pilots.

I've heard of games that work like this, but i didn't remember the names, and don't know how well this works. Plz fill me in..

Right, Savage ! thx !

They stated, in early development (i think you're saying), that they wanted to differ from batllefield as much as possible ? really ?? they could have had me fooled ..

As far as i can see SWBF is just that: a battlefield game set a long long time ago in a galaxy far away.

If i were pandemic, i wouldn't let BF2 stand in the way of implementing a great feature (EA can't say it was their idea first), but then again i'm not pandemic..

very well, guess i'll have have to wait for either a SWBF or a BF2 mod then.

[edit:]

armydude: point taken, but i think these arguments allready exist, as well as frustration over the fact that there's a lack of strategy in the games. Either the commanding slot or better (voice) communication (integrated ingame) could solve this.

furthermore: this slot should be optional for the game-maker and you don't HAVE to obey the commander..

Originally posted by Darth W Bush

really ?? they could have had me fooled ..

Thats why. When the interviewers started comparing SWBF to BF (im not going to look up the exact quotes) they said the general idea is the same but will be different. More like "based on". Exactly for that reason, they tried to evade the image of "BF Dupe". That's why I think they'll evade future features such as 3D map and buddy system. However, a mod does not have these limitations. But they'll have to make it moddable first…

Savage was a fantastic game, it's too bad not many played it.

Originally posted by Alegis

(...)Exactly for that reason, they tried to evade the image of "BF Dupe". That's why I think they'll evade future features such as 3D map and buddy system.

I think that's a shame for several reasons. But , again, i'm no developer/publisher..

However, a mod does not have these limitations. But they'll have to make it moddable first…

I've no doubt they will, a good mod is in the interest of everyone.

Savage was a fantastic game, it's too bad not many played it.

you say that as if the game is dead and buried, is it? . ... hmm..... SW mod? :)

Archived