Home

Rocket Launchers useless against vehicles..

grep

This isn't really a complaint and I know this may have been discussed before, but I just feel that the rocket launcher class should be able to help alot more when needed.. especially when vehicles are spawn raping.

I mean, I can't even count the amount of rockets it takes to take down the smallest ship or vehicle. Mines are a good thing as they have more explosive power than your rockets, but its a shame that you can waste all of your ammo trying to put a mere dent in a vehicle. By the time you are looking for more ammo, you're pretty much dead.

Certain vehicles (I reall can't remember their names) damage really needs to come down or the spawn raping and scores like:

100 2 0 will be a constant downgrade to gameplay.

You're right. Some vehicles (especially planes should go down easier with rockets (Not the AT-ATs but tanks, AT-STs, etc). The only way you can get a vehicle down is with another vehicle. However, the fact that heavy waepons do their damage against infantry compensates that heavy weapons lack atack power to be a big enemy for vehicles. That's why I think that they should keep it this way. Otherwise the heavy weapons class is worth nothing in a map like cloud city.

the heavy-weapons guy is useless against vehicals but great VS. infantry, if your good of course. I'v hade my share of good Deaths-kills ratios as a shock trooper but i'v seen lot's of much better guys using heavy weapons troops. But they aren't as good at taking out vehicals which is stupid becouse that's what they are supposed to do. Like a vangaurd needs to shoot all of the rockets to take out an AT-ST.

Originally posted by RebelScum1

It really depends on what kind of vehicle you are attacking...I find it easy to kill vehicles...

You're kidding me right? Tell me what vehicle do you find "easy" to kill?? Sorry, but there is no way in hell it is as "easy" as you put it... I mean, if you're talking about a speeder, then maybe.. but if you're talking about one of the full-size (not so much a At ST or the like), but even smaller vehicles, there is no dam way anyone has an easy time killing these vehicles. .

It takes all of your missiles to take down a tank-class vehicle (AT-ST, Fighter Tank, Landspeeder, etc.). This is rather annoying considering that you have to find a hiding spot so the vehicle doesn't blast you, fire all your missiles, and hope the vehicle doesn't leave.

If you're the only one who could take down a tank in your area, don't even bother wasting your missiles unless there's a Power Droid near by.

And, tank vs. tank needs to be improved as well. Come on, we shouldn't have to pound away at an enemy tank for ever. Watch RotJ guys, Chewie took down at AT-ST with two shots. And the AT-ST and AAT are very underpowered. They were supposed to have missiles, but were left out. Considering that the AT-ST can't strafe it's REALLY at a disadvantage.

Originally posted by TK-8252

It takes all of your missiles to take down a tank-class vehicle (AT-ST, Fighter Tank, Landspeeder, etc.). This is rather annoying considering that you have to find a hiding spot so the vehicle doesn't blast you, fire all your missiles, and hope the vehicle doesn't leave.

If you're the only one who could take down a tank in your area, don't even bother wasting your missiles unless there's a Power Droid near by.

And, tank vs. tank needs to be improved as well. Come on, we shouldn't have to pound away at an enemy tank for ever. Watch RotJ guys, Chewie took down at AT-ST with two shots. And the AT-ST and AAT are very underpowered. They were supposed to have missiles, but were left out. Considering that the AT-ST can't strafe it's REALLY at a disadvantage.

I agree with you aout the tank vas tank battles. It's just two people strafing to the left and right while firing lasers or reloading. Very boring, and skill's got not to do with it. I don't think the AT-ST should go down with less rockets. They should be hard to take down, and rebels have the advantage that they can hide behind trees. Alternatively you can blow one up with two wookie time bombs.

I'd like an option like in HALO 2 where ou can hijack a vehicle. If the vehicles isn't moving enough and you hit the right key on the right moment, you can hijack it.

Originally posted by rut-wa jodar

I personally think that the AT-ST`s are too strong. Maybe if location based damage was implemented,then it would only take a couple of rockets to take it out.

You hit this right on the head... this would help out alot for taking out vehicles. For example, in the Battlefield 42 and Vietnam games, if a rocket hits the fuel tank on a tank, that thing is done.. There seems to be no damage points on these vehicle models. Even vehicle to vehicle combat is a joke.. takes forever for a certain vehcile to be detroyed.

For the AT ST, maybe the legs can be a weak point.. try to launch rockets at its legs to help disable or destroy it. I don't care what anyone says, its still virtually impossible for the Rocket Launcher class to destroy any vehicle. I consider this to be a key concept to help promote teamwork with SWBF really does lack.

Whenever the rocket launcher class solely uses its rockets to kill other infantry, that's just wrong... that's why you hardly ever see "mulitple" classes in the game. The classes in this game really need a good hard look at balance otherwise, we'll continue to have nothing buy Assault frag fests with absolutely no teamwork involved.

I've had some luck taking down vehicles, but I agree that some are ridiculously powerful.

I also think that they are just too powerful in general... Like someone said, vehicle vs vehicle is usually just two guys strafing and firing at each other 'til one jumps out and runs or blows up.

Lower the armour on all vehicles across the board... Vehicle vs vehicle battles shouldn't last more than 10-15 seconds IMHO. One guy sneaks up behind another with his tank, two-four rockets later the battle is over. Right now it's just a battle of who has more hitpoints before the fight starts... change the amount of armour and tanks will do more moving, stalking and killing.

Originally posted by grep

You're kidding me right? Tell me what vehicle do you find "easy" to kill?? Sorry, but there is no way in hell it is as "easy" as you put it... I mean, if you're talking about a speeder, then maybe.. but if you're talking about one of the full-size (not so much a At ST or the like), but even smaller vehicles, there is no dam way anyone has an easy time killing these vehicles. .

2 answers to this post.

1. Combat Speeder, At-St ect...

2. Skill

Originally posted by RebelScum1

2 answers to this post.

1. Combat Speeder, At-St ect...

2. Skill

Huh? What does this have to do with being on foot the Rocket Launcher class trying to take out a vehicle??

What if there are no combat speeders or AT-Sts to jump into? Skill? Well, I'd like for you to demonstrate your "skill" when it comes time to trying to take out a vehicle. AND NOT WITH ANOTHER VEHICLE...

Originally posted by Vagabond

Okay, let's not turn this into a peeing contest. There's no need for veiled insults. You mentioned skill - skill in what way? Can you be more specific?

LOL! I can honestly say that I'm not insulted at all, but I am curious on what "skill" this guy is mentioning as well...

Thanks for the lookout though.. :band:

I guess since I'm not what you'd call a "rocketeer" - someone who has specialized in the rocket launcher class, I don't know the maps well enough to know where every single power droid is, and what good attack points there are to keep supplied while also being in a good attack position. Because I too get frustrated by the quick depletion of ammo, and since I don't intuitively know where each power droid is, I often die before I find one.

Conversely, I do know where many R2 units are to repair vehicles - what does that say about me :cool:

One thing that I haven't seen mentioned is mines. These things do a LOT more damage to vehicles than rockets, at least from my experience. Just a couple is enough to destroy a tank at full health.

The problem with these, of course, is you usually can't sneak up close enough to a tank to drop them and have to be layed out ahead of time... but they're still a nice way to take vehicles out and I often get the "Tank Buster" award simply through mines.

Originally posted by Syzerian

2 or 3 people constantly bombarding the enemy with orbital strikes works quite well. Wookiees time bombs are also deadly if you can get close enough.

I've never had much success with the Orbital Strike, but I've heard other people say it damages vehicles... Cool about the Wookie Timebomb, though. Does it stick?

Originally posted by Jet Black

I've never had much success with the Orbital Strike, but I've heard other people say it damages vehicles... Cool about the Wookie Timebomb, though. Does it stick?

Haven't had eny luck with the orbital strike, it's to hard to hit since most vehicle's move all the time.

But the time bomb does a nice amount of damage to vehicle's and they do stick to them.

On the servers I play I generally find 2/3 heavy weapons guys loosely group together and take care of vehicles that way. It only takes a couple of salvo's and most vehicles are dust. Happens to my AT-ST a lot it seems.... On the bright side i'm adept at bailing out now.

Along with causing damage faster, its harder for the pilot to track down any single shooter. Only one of them will get a kill, but the team as a whole benefits a lot.

People forget that this is a TEAM game. There are too many out there who just want to play as individuals. This is NOT deathmatch game play! This thread examplifies the desire to play the game as an individual.

You cannot take a tank down by yourself with a rocket launcher. This is designed this way on purpose. Again this is a TEAM game. If you have a group of 2 or 3 rocket troops you can easily take down a tank, even with a pilot on board. You just need to alternate your shots so the tank health consistently goes down and has no time to heal.

If you work as a team, vehicles are very easy to bring down. Unless they are spawn humping your only spawn point, obviously OR if the tank has itself lodged on top of a repair droid. In that case you just need to destroy the droid first.

Though in general, if you know what to do, and you work as a TEAM and not individually, rocket troopers are very effective against vehicles!

So my responce to this thread is...work as an individual and yes rockets are uselss, work as a team and vehicles are no match for the rocket. TEAM WORK PEOPLE!!!

And if a vehicle is 'spawn humping', and you're a heavy weapons class, dont spawn there. Don't be lazy and get running. Spawn somewhere else walk over, then shoot it, and theres a much better chance of taking it down. Preferably do it with a bunch of similarly equiped mates from a couple of angles.

Archived