Home

Rocket Launchers useless against vehicles..

grep

Originally posted by grep

Huh? What does this have to do with being on foot the Rocket Launcher class trying to take out a vehicle??

What if there are no combat speeders or AT-Sts to jump into? Skill? Well, I'd like for you to demonstrate your "skill" when it comes time to trying to take out a vehicle. AND NOT WITH ANOTHER VEHICLE...

You asked what vehicles are easy to destory...And it takes skill to dogde the blasts from a combat speeder or a AT-ST. And there are plenty of ammo all around the battlefield. I admit the Rocket launcher is a little weak against better vehicles...It just takes a few more shots.

Skill shouldn't be too important if you're part of a team. 3 newbies working together to take out a vehicle is more effective than one skilled guy rolling around.

Of course if you have 3 skilled people working together, so much the better.

Just remember that the number of kills you have come the end of the game doesn't mean squat if theres a great big red DEFEAT preceeding it. One for all, and all for one;)

Originally posted by Immolator

Skill shouldn't be too important if you're part of a team. 3 newbies working together to take out a vehicle is more effective than one skilled guy rolling around.

Of course if you have 3 skilled people working together, so much the better.

Just remember that the number of kills you have come the end of the game doesn't mean squat if theres a great big red DEFEAT preceeding it. One for all, and all for one;)

True but If all the Newbies get killed then thats not good for the team now is it? One for all, and all for one...Sorry this isnt the three mustketeers :xp:

I got you're point i'm cool

Well i agrea that this is a team-work game but i find hard to find any good people to cooperate with but i dont play much aloan (have a million freind's). But vehicles are rather overpowering if not a dicent team is on it. Also RebelScum1 I'm impressed that you can dodge vehicles, but can you dodge an AT-ST?

True but If all the Newbies get killed then thats not good for the team now is it?

Its doesn't matter if they get killed, as long as they fire 6 shots between them before it happens. It will still take half the time compared to a man trying to do it solo and is just as reliable.

And the musketeer thing was just highlighting the advantages of teamwork....sorry...

Another problem with getting the team together...which is a good idea...is that it's really tough to type a message to your team while trying not to get blown up...I thought that there was some voice chat in this game or something? A lot of people seem to have teamspeak, there should be some way that you can automatically connect to a TS server that's connected to the BF server you're in...that would make it a lot easier to coordinate attacks, because yes, things go a lot smoother when the team manages to stick together.

Originally posted by rut-wa jodar

I personally think that the AT-ST`s are too strong. Maybe if location based damage was implemented,then it would only take a couple of rockets to take it out.

I agree with you. The AT-ST's are way to strong.

Agreed with everyone else aswell. The Heavy Weapons class is useless against vehicles and not against infantry. Though I am pretty good with the Heavy Weapons class.

Originally posted by Taulk Nubin

Allso i have noticed in the Endor level I was a van guard and i was shooting at the main controll panel at the bace so i have used all my rockets mines and grenades and my pistol is useles its only and quarter health... soo I go up out of the thing and what i notice is that there are two people on the turrets and the ammo despencer is far away but as soon as i get out they would start shooting at me. But in the movie they layed afew charges ran out of the compound and It blew right up not shot at it for hours..!:atat:

That's what Wookiees are for. Vanguards aren't as good at taking out the sheild generator as the Wookiee's with their timed charges.

I agree with the teamwork posts; but unfortunately the game isn't built right for that YET. I hear they're going to add better commands, since right now hitting F7 to say Enemy's Near or whtaever is pointless.

Hopefully it'll be like 1942 where you can say you need Vanguard support and the location on the map will Flash, that way you'll get more team response without typing.

Originally posted by Immolator

Its doesn't matter if they get killed, as long as they fire 6 shots between them before it happens. It will still take half the time compared to a man trying to do it solo and is just as reliable.

And the musketeer thing was just highlighting the advantages of teamwork....sorry...

Lol the Musketeer thing is cool...But what happens when the newbs get killed before they can fire anything?

Lol the Musketeer thing is cool...But what happens when the newbs get killed before they can fire anything?

You underestimate the power of the newb. Well, as long as they've played at least one historical campaign and know that the weapons lock on.... so maybe not technically a complete newb. Still, you know what i mean.

Jet Black is right. A comm system like BF1942 would be cool- a couple of button presses and your team mates know what you need, and where you need it.

Yup. Some in GC, just as an example:

Roger.

Negative.

Infantry spotted.

Vehicle spotted.

Fighter spotted.

Bomber spotted.

Requesting Air support.

Requesting Antitank support.

Requesting Reinforcements.

Requesting heavy strike (use binoculars)! (artillery can see the target area even if they aren't within LOS for a short time).

Attack [select a control point on map].

Defend [select a control point on map].

Attack/Defend [control point closest to you].

Hold fire.

Fire!

Go!

Wait!/Wait for me!

Hold this position!

Follow me!

Stay together!

Fall back!

Take cover!

Requesting a pickup!

[Taunts to enemy (for example 'you might want to reconsider the Alliance!')]

[Taunts to team (for example 'he wasn't so tough..')]

It works really great.

Chat commands aren't that great.

Taken from my personnal experience:

Me:"Requesting Anti-Armor!"

Me:"There's a T-34 up the hill at the middle spawn point, somebody get me some back up."

Guy1:"T-34 up your ass"

Me:"..."

Five minutes of hiding from the T-34 stopping it from capping the flag later...

Me:"Requesting Anti-Armor!"

Guy2:"Suck my ****"

Me:"F*ck y'all"

*Rushes towards the T-34 with a nasty K98 trying to poke it to death*

I love public servers...

Seriously, teamwork on a public server is near to inexistant.

Location damage is the way to go. The vehicles in this game are way more powerful then any other games I've seen. Even the Tigers and T34/76 from 1942 weren't considered overpowered but this is ridiculous. A single men could not take a T-34 down unless he was strangely lucky and the driver is frankly retarded.

Same situation. You can gang up on an AT-ST but by the time you blow it up, with a decent driver in it, you'll be dead. I'm not talking about Endor here. You can't take no single map and make all of your balancing decisions on it. On a map like Dune sea or Hoth, where can a vanguard hide? They'll never have the time to blow the AT-ST up and without teamspeak you'll never be able to coordinate a good strategy.

Other thing that's ridiculous. Landspeeders > At-ST

:eyeraise:

You get the idea.

I'm not sure about the other vehicles, but the Vanguard's range is definately longer than the AT-ST's, so on open maps you can theoretically deal with it just by running backwards. On the downside its a stupid thing to have to do to take down a single vehicle. I think on dune sea its supposed to work that missiles kill aircraft which kill vehicles. If only i could hit the aircraft...

You're right about the public servers- I find its better if you play at about 1 in the morning when the kids are definately all in bed and won't bother me with their 'humour.' A lot of clan players will help you out if you ask, but it depends on the clan. And belgium players for some reason- though thats no help if you're in Canada.

Archived