Home

Supremacy

Leper Messiah

anyone else own or used to own Star Wars Supremacy?

i loved that game i always wish theyd make a sequel, as far as i know its the only Star Wars RTS that is kinda full scale, fighting for the entire galaxy. Anyone who owned it ever manage to get into the games "final battle" scenario more than once?

great game probably my favorite star wars game

oh yeah i think the US release had a different name i think it mighta been Star Wars Rebellion, im not sure

Originally posted by Sivy

i was quite addicted to Star Wars Supremacy (or rebellion outside the UK) in its day.

i remember having 3 death stars and destoying almost every planet in the galaxy trying to find the rebal base. :D

Why didn't you just capture a princess and make her tell you the location of the hiden reble base? you could have then destroyed the planet anyway, just to have your entire plan thwarted by some kidd in his X-Wing.

Originally posted by Anthony

Galactic battlegrounds. God it sucked.

Ah wrong game, never heard of the other one then.

Star wars + strategy = not that many good games i guess.

I actually bought Supremacy a year or so ago when i was in my mad ebay buying phase. Never really played it that much...

The basic idea is great, and the fact they have included so many characters and stuff from the EU (like thrawn, dark troopers, nogri commandos, etc..) is great if you are a SW fan.

Unfortunately the implementation is pretty bad... poor graphics, bad balancing and a TERRIBLE User Interface make the whole thing suffer.

Still, there is still a lot of fun to be had if you can stomach the bad bits.

I only played the force comander and galactic battlegrounds demos, but they both seemed to suck to me.

FC was amateur night.

GB just looked like an Age of Empires skin.

But then i'm not a big RTS player, so i can only really cope with the peak of the genre (which these definately weren't)

-----------------------------------------------

Trying again with the Supremacy idea would be great though. The guys who make Galactic Civilisations could make a great game (even if they aren't hot on graphics).

Either that or do one with the great graphics and style of Imperium Galactica 2.

the idea was great... it was just the exectution they need to rethink...

Originally posted by Sivy

i was quite addicted to Star Wars Supremacy (or rebellion outside the UK) in its day.

i remember having 3 death stars and destoying almost every planet in the galaxy trying to find the rebal base. :D

hehehe i know that feeling, have to be careful though cos if u do it too much the entire Empire goes into uprising in protest so rather than destroy the base you wind up loosing Coruscant without the rebels touching it :D

oh and i remember trying to convince that droid to let me have two death stars in the same system :D

but an update of it would be so cool - you could have the Vong from the EU :)

• 2 weeks later...

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA i got me Supremacy today!

been happily playin away for a few hours. in all the time i played the game before i never hit upon the kind of luck i had in this one - the rebel base was the very first place i looked for it and Mon Mothma rots in a Coruscant prison, huzzah! now to find that pesky Skywalker.....

Fun game, Rebellion (in my part of the world).

I play it on the network with my brother every now and again.

In the beginning the Empire has the one disloyal planet, and naturally I'm usually the Empire. When my brother sends his fleet to "liberate" the planet, I send my Lord Vader to get rid of his flagship. Good times :)

Archived