• Pittsburgh Steelers
    • Denver Broncoes
    • Indianapolis Colts
    • Philly Eagles
    • Atlanta Falcons
    • St. Louis Rams
    • Seattle Seahawks
    • Green Bay Packers

ok, here's the deal: tell me what team your rootin for this year and why. later, we can begin discussing the individual games and stuff.

if you don't like football, then don't post.

if your a casual fan at best, then feel free to simply drop in and give us your favorites for the playoffs.

for me, just read my sig. it explains a lot about who i root for.

GO STEELERS!!!

Originally posted by stingerhs

ok, here's the deal: tell me what team your rootin for this year and why. later, we can begin discussing the individual games and stuff.

if you don't like football, then don't post.

if your a casual fan at best, then feel free to simply drop in and give us your favorites for the playoffs.

for me, just read my sig. it explains a lot about who i root for.

GO STEELERS!!!

EAGLES ARE GOIN ALLL DA WAY WIT TO AND MACNAB

i hate the steelers

of course, for those that don't know, i didn't just jump on the steelers bandwagon. i remember being a steelers fan back in '95 when they lost to the cowboys in super bowl XXX. you could say i'm kind of weird because i live in the carolinas and root for both pitt and carolina, but, of course, only one of them is having a good season at the moment.

so far, the greatest point of the season was beating the previously undefeated new england and philly back-to-back. now thats priceless. :D

WOOT WOOT!!! Pittsburgh wins its 8th straight!!! :D

also, a big congrats is in order to all the winners from yesterday, ranging from Denver to even Carolina(bout time they started winning again :rolleyes: ). :D

of course, you've gotta point out the Indy rout of Chicago. how bout that James guy??? so much for da Bear's 3-game win streak...

oh, and Culpepper finally proves he's got the stuff to lead Minnesota from behind....

kudos to Philly for their big win...

another kudos to Denver for a balanced attack from Droughns and Jake the snake...

biggest surprise, dem Ravens. w/o Jamal Lewis AND his backup, they turn to Boller and pull off one heck of an impressive rout over Dallas....

it wasn't anything new, but Brett Farve was really impressive in leading the Pack to a win from a 10 point deficit in the 4th quarter...

Drew Brees finally settled down for a week, but the Chargers still got the 'W'...

how bout dem Bills??? Bledsoe finally struts his stuff by playing off a good performance by Willis MacGahee, and the D comes up big....

well, good luck to New England and KC tonite. may the best team win.... :D

San Diego Chargers all the way 7-3.

Antonio Gates is really doing well and we might go to the playoffs, if anybody was watching the game on Sunday Drew Brees threw a bad throw and Antonio Gates still caught it. The reason we won last game is cause of 1 person...

DREW BREES YAY

And remember....

GO CHARGERS

Originally posted by XBebop

GO CHEIFS!

That's what I'm talking about. I'm a homegrown Chiefs fan. Kansas City, Missouri baby!

Although, seeing them get beat down by the Colts last season made me a "mini" Colts fan.

My favorite commercial, "That's great, but who are the "Chefs"?"

well, congrats to the blazingly hot Peyton Manning and the Colts as they crushed Detroit 41-9. and when i say Manning is hot, i'm refering to the fact that he's on pace to throw for 60 TD's this season. that is what anyone could refer to as hot. :D

and come to find out, the Cowboys are a completely different team whenever they start a rookie. no, i'm not refering to Drew Henson. instead, i'm refering to Julius Jones who ran for 130 yds and 1 TD, including a 51 yd scorcher on the very first play. what a difference maker he was. i guess its too bad that Jones got injured in the preseason, or we could be looking at Philly, Atlanta, and Dallas as the NFC contenders. that would have been cool. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Good to see a Steeler fan in the house. My mom's side of the family lives like 15 mins away from the stadium or something like that and i've grown up with them(my dad's side lives in South Dakota...) Gotta love the Steelers even though I still remember Neil O'Donnell from that Super Bowl...handed them 14 points and the W...

I'm also live in Indiana so I can't root against my home team, even if they are going to get smoked in the playoffs when Porter and Haggins hammer Manning. I've jumped on the Chargers bandwagon lately since I've only had them winning like 2 games this season.

^^^^

good to see another steel country fan on the boards. :D

anyways, i guess its time to start slightly regretting the choices i put up on the poll. i did it at midseason, so you can't blame me too much. the changes i would make:

AFC:

take off the Broncoes and add the Chargers. i think its fair game to say that San Diego has the better team, seeing as to how Denver lost to them last week....

NFC:

take off St. Louis. granted, i have absolutely no clue as to who would replace them at this point. it could be Carolina, Dallas, Detroit, NY Giants, and the list goes on and on and on......

well, the playoff bids are being filled this week, and here's a rundown of who's already made it:

AFC:

New England

Pittsburgh

Indy

NFC:

Philly

Atlanta

to make predictions:

AFC-

Division Champs:

New England (1st round bye)

Pittsburgh (1st round bye; homefield)

Indy

San Diego

Wild Cards:

NY Jets

Baltimore

NFC-

Division Champs:

Philly (1st round bye; homefield)

Atlanta (1st round bye)

Green Bay

Seattle

Wild Cards:

Carolina (by a nose)

St. Louis

feel free to post comments or your own predictions!!! :D

well, the plot got really thick in the nfc. still no clear cut winner in NFC West, and to top it off, Carolina AND St. Louis lost.

however, believe it or not, the playoff picture in the NFC is simply murky now instead of clear-cut. Carolina is still the number two wild-card behind Minnesota. only three teams in the NFC have 8 losses: Carolina, New Orleans, and St. Louis. since both New Orleans and St. Louis lost to Carolina, Carolina remains in the #2 spot in the wild cards. however, the two remaining games against Tampa Bay and New Orleans are now must-wins for Carolina for them to remain in the playoff picture.

the AFC, on the other hand, got just a little bit clearer. since Denver lost on sunday, San Diego automatically won the division title in the AFC West. the NY Jets also look like their in prime positition to gain the #1 wild card spot. however, its gonna be a fight for that #2 spot. Baltimore, Denver, and Jacksonville all have 8-7 records. Baltmore holds the upper hand since they haven't played either team this year. however, the game against Pittsburgh next week is a must-win to stay in the lead. Jacksonville beet Denver 7-6 back in week 2, which gives them the edge, but they still need to win their final two games.

as of now, the playoff picture looks like this:

AFC

Division Titles:

Pittsburgh- homefield advantage *

New England- 1st week bye

Indy

San Diego

Wild Cards:

NY Jets *

Baltimore *

NFC

Division Titles: