Home

Realism Project Mod (official LF thread)

TK-425

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I suppose that would be a good idea. I found a good 3D render of Radtroopers in action if you're interested. You can find it here.

The Radtrooper's armor looks very similar to Stormtrooper armor, leading me to believe that the primary function of it is to prevent exposure to toxic chemicals and radiation, but a well-aimed blaster bolt would still take them down. Perhaps it would be a good idea to make their health about the same as the Stormtrooper's. They probably wouldn't be carrying Concussion Rifles either like the Hazardtroopers do. Perhaps outfitting them with an E-11 or a Repeater would do.

It might be problematic not to have any "walking tank" enemies anymore, though. If nothing else, finding more ammo for the Concussion Rifle would be a pain (unless you're editing the weapon so that it doesn't use up as much energy for each shot ;) ). Maybe you could replace the Hazardtroopers with SD-9 Battle Droids. I can't find a good picture of one right now. They have a picture of one in the book The Essential Guide to Droids, though.

Originally posted by TK42235

Hmm, I dont know what they are. Try to find a pic of it and post it, then I will make a judgment:D

Here's one for you. I couldn't find a good picture of it on the internet, so I dug out my Essential Guide to Droids book and got an image from there. Unfortunately, I don't have a scanner, so I had to take a digital photo of it. The picture's a little blurry, but it's better than nothing.

The SD-9 only appears (to my knowledge) in a few pictures of the Dark Empire series comic books (they're usually exploding :p). Unfortunately, it's nearly impossible to determine what color they are, since the artists didn't bother coloring things, instead just slapping on one uniform color to fit the mood of the particular panel. I would imagine the SD-9's are standard Imperial grey with red or yellow eyes.

Here it is (the 3PO silouette is for size comparison).

sd93sy.jpg

Well, thanks for the picture but I'm not sure I like the droid:) It doesnt quite look like it came out of the Star Wars movies you know what I mean? I am sirously thinking about putting the radTrooper in though, I wonder what 8252 would think about it?

• 3 months later...

Archived