Home

New MDLOps

cchargin

Probably a dumb question, but does this mean we can put new saber models into TSL as well

No. Just to be mean I made sure that this version does not include replacer, so no more saber models.

Of course I am kidding! ;)

Everything you could do with MDLOps in kotor 1 you can now do with kotor 2. Replacer and renamer are there and work with both kotor 1 and 2.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It seems that if you make K1 lightsaber work in K2 the saber blade is not displayed correctly.

I found that some "planes" for the blade were missing in the converted K2 saber model.

Is it suppose to be like this. I mean, is this feature not supported or is it a bug?

Originally posted by Fred Tetra

Great job, Chuck! I was just telling someone about how quickly you'd figure out the model differences!

BTW, for those curious individuals like me out there (I hope I'm not the only one geeky enough to want to know), what, technically, is the difference between the two binary formats?

Your not the only geek who wants to know. However your probably one of 2 geeks here who can do anything with that information at this time.:cool:

And yes by the way cchargin thank you very much.

So how soon till we get the segan sabers released for K2 Chainz.2da I want to get the segan guardian saber ASAP.

Also to everybody about to release saber models now can you guys use numbers outside of the 20's block. The reason being Jetstorm and I were about to release an Lightsaber crystal expansion pack that uses the entire 20's block.:p

It seems that if you make K1 lightsaber work in K2 the saber blade is not displayed correctly.

I found that some "planes" for the blade were missing in the converted K2 saber model.

For lightsabers you have to use the replacer function in MDLOps. Since lightsaber models have animations and other wierdness you can't do the following:

1) convert kotor 1 binary to ascii model

2) convert ascii model to kotor 2 binary

You have to do this:

1) Extract any kotor 2 lightsaber with Kotor Tool

2) convert kotor 1 binary to ascii model

3) use replacer to place hilt from ascii model into kotor 2 binary model

Or, you can wait for the author of the model you are working with to release a kotor 2 version. :)

Me love you long time!

By the way cchargin, while working on my helmetless Mandalore mod, I found that it seemed the actual model of Mandalore is what made his armor un-unequippable. By any chance, is there something in the mdl that eludes to this? Or must it be something else just related to the model?

Thanks again,

Shimaon

Originally posted by cchargin

For lightsabers you have to use the replacer function in MDLOps. Since lightsaber models have animations and other wierdness you can't do the following:

1) convert kotor 1 binary to ascii model

2) convert ascii model to kotor 2 binary

You have to do this:

1) Extract any kotor 2 lightsaber with Kotor Tool

2) convert kotor 1 binary to ascii model

3) use replacer to place hilt from ascii model into kotor 2 binary model

Or, you can wait for the author of the model you are working with to release a kotor 2 version. :)

Thanks. It works like a charm now. :)

I wonder where Prime has gone, it would be awesome to see his Clone Troopers mod from Kotor1 ported to Kotor2

EDIT

------

Well Ok I imported it myself, I guess I must have misread something. I figured the ascii model was entirely different and you didn't have to just read kotor write kotor2 :p

Does anyone know the difference between the models for the xbox version and the pc version for TSL?

I have had some success using some models on the xbox while others crash the game.

Would be cool to find a way to use all models on the xbox too.

You would think there isnt too much difference between the models.

Maybe cchargin could make an option in the mdlops to make models work on the xbox? That is if you have the time for it :D

I could send you some models from the xbox version to have a look and maybe find the difference between them.

Originally posted by Shimaon

Me love you long time!

By the way cchargin, while working on my helmetless Mandalore mod, I found that it seemed the actual model of Mandalore is what made his armor un-unequippable. By any chance, is there something in the mdl that eludes to this? Or must it be something else just related to the model?

Thanks again,

Shimaon

Save your work; there's already an (unused) Mandalore model without a helmet in the game...

Looks pretty good, too.

Archived