Home

New MDLOps

cchargin

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, to someone who hasn't had the opportunity to use Vista, it may not be apparent from the screenshot that someone is or isn't using Vista. And in any case, the screenshot can only be so informative when anyone can download one of hundreds of Vista skins for XP.

take a look at the screenshot...

Also not everybody can look at screenshots in there place of business due to bandwidth restrictions. My employer locks out certain sites altogether and any webpage url link that starts with "img" is blocked. So with the time it takes to say look at a screenshot you could say yes it is or no it is not Vista. Also too note Vista has a classic view option that allows it too look like older versions of windows, not too mention that screenie doesn't show the task bar.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm having a bizarre problem with mdlops...

I installed the newest version yesterday, and when I attempt to read/write a model for TSL, mdlops hangs at "reading binary model".

Unfortunately, for whatever reason, now I can't use mdlops 0.5, which I had working fine yesterday but now throws this error when I try to read/write a binary:

reading binary file

Tk::Error: can't open MDX file

Tk callback for .button2

Tk::__ANON__ at /PerlApp/Tk.pm line 247

Tk::Button::butUp at /PerlApp/Tk/Button.pm line 111

<ButtonRelease-1>

(command bound to event)

Anyone know what I can do about this? It's a terribly inconvenient time for mdlops to stop working just as I was about to make an attempt to learn how to make models and remodel some things.

ETA: And if anyone could direct me to where in the blazes mdlops is keeping its history file, I'd be much obliged--it doesn't seem right that I can try every which way but up to try to get mdlops to forget it ever existed on my machine but it can still find the last folder I opened anything with it.

Son of ETA: Never mind on the first part, I figured out the problem was mostly EBCAK, but with a side of TSL having mismatched lists of .mdl and .mdx files. In other words, I thought I had the .mdx files but I didn't (because TSL didn't HAVE .mdx files for the .mdls I'd extracted...). ::headdesk:: I would like to know where mdlops hides its history though. ::slinks off to the land of dumb computer users::

• 3 years later...

Archived