Home

omg, delerious newbies, plz plz lewk!!!!!!!!! (a server challenge!)

FlashRam

A real deathmatch server

[^1U^7S^4A^7] ^1FULL ^7WEAPON/FORCE ^4DEATHMATCH|111ms|67.15.52.200:29070

I know what you are thinking: "omfg i mean....wtf u no??? ther r gunz hear but no jetpackz or grapple hookz???? u mean if I get kicked into pit i die??? WTF???"

I feel your pain, newbies. And i've given up trying to convert your kind. However, I would most enjoy fragging you over and over for about 30 minutes on this server, if you would be so kind as to come.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is more to guns in jk series than just ctf. 1v1 dm is basically dead, compared to jk2. people are scared of losing I think. The only person I can ever get to Deathmatch with me is JaX.

JKA needs a few new servers.

1) a 1v1 dm dedicated and passworded server that also doubles for tdm

2) A true DM server full weapon/force

The problem is that 99% of JKA are truly complete newbies, and are so far behind the full weapon community that they just stick with saber only. I've tried to spread it, but it always ends up in "guns are for newbs" and "omfg d00l me fag!!!!" or something. In JK2, newbies would get owned and want to be as good or better than the person who owned them. Maybe this new wave is just more spoiled or something. JKA is a weird game

It's kind of like a super moronic ancient greece where each server is like a seperate and isolated city-state. Each server wants to complete this illusion that their clan or group are super elites, and anyone who comes on their server and destroys this illusion with superior skill gets punished with admin commands or what not. This is a typical JKA experience for me on a server:

I will go on the server and kill one of the clan members. They will try to gang up on me, and I will simply rape them all. One or two of the admins will empower themselves and try to grip kick me. Since it's impossible to break the grip of an empowered ja+ newbie mod admin, I always go lightside, absorb when they grip me, and just heal over and over with the force the grip is giving me. Quite a few times at this point I hear words like "Cheater", and "WTF he has infinate health!". Usually I proceed with beating down the empowered admins for a few minutes until they give up on that and just punish me or kick me. This is not good gaming.

The server I posted is now set on saber only, no force, ffa_bespin. I went on the server and there were 6 of them standing around the pad saber dueling. Waves of horrible JK2 saber newbie flashbacks ran through my head. I ran up and started kicking them into the pit, and was punished with the words "No laming" and "Get off the pad". Disgusting.

I hear ya Analog.

With the flood of MP FPS on the market and JKA

basically an Outcast expansion pack no one thinks

of Academy for gunplay. Most diehard fraggers are

turned off by force powers anyway.

As a diehard CTF gunner its frustrating because of

the lack of good servers (there are 1 or 2). FFA/ Duel

will go on strong for some time because for the Rpg'ers

sabers are the main attraction.

Gunners have a host of other games to play and they've

moved on for the most part.

Wow, that server is amazing Amidala. Thanks for the link. For that siege server, I tried it for like 5 minutes (about the 3rd time I have ever played siege) and your members kicked me for saying that siege is slow, boring, and unbalanced. Siege is for people who suck too bad to play CTF I guess.

Not going to start a pointless siege vs. CTF debate (unless you really want to... haha), but I don't see how having guns as the primary weapon as opposed to sabers makes it unbalanced. I realize that it is something new to you, but not being skilled in it does not make it slow, boring, or unbalanced.

Hmm...you must be missing something here. I'm a full weapon CTF player named Mediablitz. I've been playing full weapon since jk2. If we would 1v1 with full weapons I would neg you. Siege is slow, boring, and unbalanced. CTF vs siege is a joke. I could get 3 CTF guys right now who probably (like me) have only played siege a few times, and beat any siege clan in the game. But if those siege clans came to CTF they would get raged beyond all belief. Siege takes no experience or skill to master. It's easy.

Originally posted by AnalogSaint

Hmm...you must be missing something here. I'm a full weapon CTF player named Mediablitz. I've been playing full weapon since jk2. If we would 1v1 with full weapons I would neg you. Siege is slow, boring, and unbalanced. CTF vs siege is a joke. I could get 3 CTF guys right now who probably (like me) have only played siege a few times, and beat any siege clan in the game. But if those siege clans came to CTF they would get raged beyond all belief. Siege takes no experience or skill to master. It's easy.

Quoted for truth. I could install this game and play with media and beat any team around.

Now don't even try to argue, as it is pointless, just ask the denizens of this forum.

My skills as a player reflect the going on 4 years I have been playing Jedi Knight series games. There simply isn't anything about these games I don't know. Siege is a horrible gametype. The JK series games have always had a rather wide splash radius. This was always balanced by the fact that in JK series one can jump extremely high, run extremely fast, ect. In siege everyone is reduced to a snails pace, it takes 0 skill to do anything in that gametype. If you doubt this and think you are some sort of weapons god, let me know and I will be happy to arrange a 1v1 of some sort.

Originally posted by TK42235

Quit talking down seige:mad:

Anyway I for one would like to see more guns only servers:)

And seige severs:D

Btw I am not a weapons god but I may be interested in a ctf game with you:) Just to see how good I am.

Siege is fun on LAN, i used to play it once in a while at LANs, 10v10 and it was very fun, but that doesn't make it hard ;).

Analog, you make me laugh. Yes, it's easy to dislike something you're not good at. Any diehard fan of the game, be it sieger or CTFer, will tell you that siege has a lot more strategic depth. It takes more to win than standing at your flag with a rocket launcher or running through the enemy's base with level 3 speed and absorb. I find it ridiculous how a single player can have 5 or 6 weapons, a plethora of force powers, and powerful dual lightsabers. I find it much more balancing when there are different classes and each player has a different role. Jedi are agile and can get to key points quickly. Techs supply and heal the team. Assaults take down objectives and spread the enemy's defence, etc.

I'm not gonna try to convince you that siege is better, because that is purely subjective, but I do consider these valid points.

Archived