Home

omg, delerious newbies, plz plz lewk!!!!!!!!! (a server challenge!)

FlashRam

You are talking out your ass. I just pointed out that anyone who has played jedi knight series for any amount of time can easily master siege in under 2 weeks. It's easy. There is very little strategic depth, and very little skill. I'd be happy to demonstrate in a match if you have a clan or something.

However, CTF is not so easy to master. If you doubt this, I could demonstrate that in a match with your clan as well. You can just put your hands to your ears and refuse to hear the truth, but siege is a dumb and easy gametype. You say there is no balance to full weapon ctf? Everyone is even in cull weapon CTF in terms of available force powers, abilities, and weapons they can use. If you can't hang in full weapon ctf then you just aren't good jk series player, frankly. You say all CTF is is level 3 absorb, speed, and rocket launcher. I could keep you from even getting near the flag with ease, and then cap on you everytime with no problem. Clearly there is more to it than just that since I can completely house you at it.

Someone wanted to see if they were any good at ctf. If you want to see how good you are go to Refresh 1 server under the ctf section

^4Re^5fresh^11-PUG|9999ms|68.216.1.2:29070

Which is currently down for some reason. When and if it is down you can visit

^3The Cereal Bowl!|76ms|67.15.17.87:29070

The best players left in the game play on those servers. The password is ctfpug. You can't just enter the game. It's a pick up game server. You have to wait until the start of the next game for the captains to pick teams. I'm sure you'll see me there sometime if you last more than 5 minutes before fleeing back to your newb server to comfort yourself.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is an old video from the best jk2 clan, DSbr. It's quite famous amoung serious jk2 vets.

http://own-age.com/vids/video.aspx?id=386

You cannot watch that and tell me that siege is more elite than ctf. It's really laughable. Go to one of the servers I posted or watch that vid and move onto some other argument where you aren't being a buffoon

1-)I like seige I dont care how easy it is I just like it so I didnt like it when you say it is a stupid gametype you are intitled to your opinion but please make your point and keep the rest to yourself:)

2-)I am not a member of any clan

3-)I do not doubt that any gametype can be hard I would like a nice challange and I do not doubt full weapon CTF can be ballanced

4-)Simply JA+ STINKS

5-)DO NOT EQUATE ME WITH THOSE JA+ IDIOTS

6-)*Ahem* I'm TK, *Pttt*:lol:

Originally posted by AnalogSaint

My skills as a player reflect the going on 4 years I have been playing Jedi Knight series games. There simply isn't anything about these games I don't know. Siege is a horrible gametype. The JK series games have always had a rather wide splash radius. This was always balanced by the fact that in JK series one can jump extremely high, run extremely fast, ect. In siege everyone is reduced to a snails pace, it takes 0 skill to do anything in that gametype. If you doubt this and think you are some sort of weapons god, let me know and I will be happy to arrange a 1v1 of some sort.

I don't exactly see how large splash radiuses ruin siege anymore than camping the flag with a rocket launcher ruins CTF.

And again, you're slipping back into the "I'm right because I'm a better player than you" argument.

Originally posted by razorace

I don't exactly see how large splash radiuses ruin siege anymore than camping the flag with a rocket launcher ruins CTF.

And again, you're slipping back into the "I'm right because I'm a better player than you" argument.

no, he's right because he's explored the game on a different level than most people here (code monkeying doesn't count ;)) and knows exactly what he is talking about. There is a reason why he is better than you. It is because he knows the mechanics better.

He is correct that the slow movement + bunny sized hops available in siege makes the weapons far more deadly than they would be otherwise.

also, "camping" the flag with a RL, is called flag defense, and it involves much more than camping.

I like you and all, ra, but that IS talking out of your ass.

look man, if you came and played CTF with the best CTF players you wouldn't be able to come close to keeping up. Any CTF player could easily keep up with even the best Siege players after a few days practice. Siege is too simple. It's like Raven never bothered to finish it or think it all out. I'm willing to prove how stupid it is by getting 3 guys together to 3v3 you and your buddies at siege.

You know, I bet Chewbacca gets those little turd dingle-nuggets on his fur after he wipes his ass.

Not sure why I thought of that though.

Hi media, long time no see. Don't bother arguing with the people around here about game play mechanics, remember 9 out of 10 people who post here would perform oral on George Lucas for a look at the episode 3 script.

p.s.

Rumor is a fruit for pissing off the *BS* newbies and having them scrap our match.

Originally posted by Rumor

He is correct that the slow movement + bunny sized hops available in siege makes the weapons far more deadly than they would be otherwise.

More deadly doesn't translate to the gametype being stupid. While the rockets are more deadly, the rocket carrying classes have less ammo and have to rely on other classes to complete critical mission objectives.

Anyway, I agree that siege mode feels like a partially completed mode. But I don't think that's Raven fault. From the looks of things, Raven came up with the siege concept a LONG time ago but it was cut back when LEC decided to make a full game dedicated to the concept (IE Battlefront).

Since you guys feel strongly about the subject, why not do something about it? I'm sure you guys have some ideas on how to improve siege. Maybe I could impliment them at some point.

Here is my idea for a siege mod. Add two flags on oppositie ends of the map. Get rid of the classes and all of that, just let people choose whatever force powers they want. Then set up all the mechanics exactly like the regular version of the game. Then each team tries to capture the flag of the other team and then return it to their base for the score.

UJ, my ban record in jka is reaching epic proportions

I dont think Kurgan wants to get into this mess:rolleyes:

But if it is seige classes that you think is the problem I have a mod(the seige classes wer mostly fixed by TK-8252)that makes the seige classes more ballanced and realistic and fixes alot of other things for JA not being very realistic

go here for more information

http://www.forumforfree.com/forums/index.php?mforum=realismprojectm&act=ST&f=13&t=9

and I am on my computer until 7 am CSTime I can 1v1 now whare are you?

And I dont really care about EPIII until its out

Originally posted by FK | unnamed

You know, I bet Chewbacca gets those little turd dingle-nuggets on his fur after he wipes his ass.

Not sure why I thought of that though.

Hi media, long time no see. Don't bother arguing with the people around here about game play mechanics, remember 9 out of 10 people who post here would perform oral on George Lucas for a look at the episode 3 script.

p.s.

Rumor is a fruit for pissing off the *BS* newbies and having them scrap our match.

its not scrapped, just on hold atm. looking for a good server host because i'm not playing on their server because of #1 its a pos and #2 they are *BS*.

I private messaged you while you were online yesterday, I suppose you missed it. I also waited on that server for about an hour yesterday (I know you saw my message, you were on the forum that whole hour.). If I see you on again i'll give you another shot. Siege sucks man, none of us care about it at all. There is no way to fix it without completely changing the gametype and making all new maps.

Analog, I love how you say I'm talking out of my ass when you haven't made a single valid point. Your whole arguement can be summed up in "OMG CTF IS BETTER CAUSE I SAY SO LOL!!!! SIEGE SUCKS AND IS FOR NOOBS BECAUSE I SAID SO AND I'M BETTER THAN YOU EVEN THOUGH I DON'T KNOW YOU LOL!!!!"

Sorry, but I don't argue with idiots (or people who act idiotic... haven't decided which one you are yet...).

Originally posted by AnalogSaint

I private messaged you while you were online yesterday, I suppose you missed it. I also waited on that server for about an hour yesterday (I know you saw my message, you were on the forum that whole hour.). If I see you on again i'll give you another shot. Siege sucks man, none of us care about it at all. There is no way to fix it without completely changing the gametype and making all new maps.

What you mean this?

"boo" :

"do you still want to 1v1 me"

What good does that do:rolleyes:

Sorry about you waiting so long I did reply with this though

"RE: boo" :

"Yes I do but I cant now how about somware between 6 & 7 am CSTime and I have to warn you my connection is pretty bad so I can not have a bunch of players in one server"

That is the time period I will be able to play online or from 6 to 6:30 or 7:30 to 8 pm CSTime thanks for giving me another chance btw:)

And who is us? Plus I dont frankly care if "us" dosnt like it I like it and other people do to. CTF is cool to. But like I said you are entitled to your opinion, BUT so are we:)

Maybe we should set up a time and place down to the day and hour:)

It's not an opinion. CTF takes more skill and has more depth. All you can say is "I have more fun in siege". You certainly can't say it's the superior gametype in terms of complexity or time required to master, ect. But since you are so determined to have me break it down for you like a child I will. I will make the following statements and you can tell me which one you think is untrue. Then we can find out who is wrong and who is right.

1) CTF takes much more skill to be good at than siege

2) CTF is a more complex gametype than siege

3) CTF has much more depth than siege, and as a result, takes much longer to get good at or master.

4) CTF is a more solid gametype with none of the bugs and imbalance of siege, such as the horrible desert map which is riddled with cheap game ruining bugs, and the retardedly simple korriban map. The only decent map, Hoth, is also a no brainer. The winning formulas are all too easy to see. I played siege and found it an insult to my intelligence as a gamer.

TK4...seriously man. You shouldn't even be in this argument. After our 1v1 it's plain you've never played multiplayer before.

True story, I decided to play siege again today and was on this one popular server. I got up to go to the bathroom and when I came back my cat had jumped up on the computer desk. It was walking on my keyboard, rubbing up against the monitor and stuff.

When I looked at the board, my cat was OWNING ALL!!!! I let her go at it for a few minutes and she got the high score.

^ It must have been a JA+ server:lol:

Anyway you have to understand

1-)By weapons only I stupidly thought it was no saber gameplay(but I know you didnt use a saber much:))but I am terible with MP sabers

2-)My computer and connection is fairly low end

3-)Playing 1v1 made me realise how unfamiliar with the ffa maps I was I would like to play CTF with you though ffa with a bunch of players causing lag isnt my idea of 1v1;)

4-)For a long time I have played siege recently because my computer would let me before and I have become fairly good at it(the only map I really do like is Hoth the Kor map stinks)

I never said that siege was a better gamtype I do commend you on your skills and CTF can and is probably more chalanging but it doesnt make it a better gametype I think that both are challanging but I think that CTF is more than that of siege but I still have more fun playing siege somtimes

To tell you the truth I just didnt like you saying it is a crapy gametype just cuz you dont find it highly challanging other people do(not me but I enjoy playing it)you are a very good player but other people dont have 4 years under there belts:)

I would like to challange you to a real 1v1 Hoth siege with my mod wich includes enhanced more realistic more ballanced siege classes do you accept?

I don't want to back up anything until I know which one of those statements you disagree with. Clearly you are an extreme newbie, but maybe we can come to an understanding.

TK, if you lag out that bad in a server with 3 people on it ffaing, there is no way you can play ctf. I'm not going to talk **** to you because it's obvious you havn't played more than 10 hours of multiplayer Jedi knight series. I can only say that you have no chance against me in this game at your current experience level. You really have no business in this discussion. But then again, neither does Sircursealot and that other guy. Neither of them have a clue either.

Archived