Home

omg, delerious newbies, plz plz lewk!!!!!!!!! (a server challenge!)

FlashRam

Sircursealot, i'm going to break this down for you on a retard level.

When an unexperienced player can easily hang with and even defeat an experienced player in a gamemode, it's clear that there is not much depth to that gamemode. I'm willing to prove this can happen by getting a team of ctf players to own any of your clans at siege. Just to show how easy it is. None of us have much experience in it, you guys have alot of experience in it. I'm confident I can get a team to beat any of you. 3's or 4's. There is a reason why basically anyone with any JK2 experience can easily master the gametype in a day or two at most.

This is not possible with CTF. If you feel i'm wrong, come prove your point by owning up in one of the CTF servers I posted, or accept some sort of match with a group I assemble. 3's or 4's.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by sircursealot

Analog, I love how you say I'm talking out of my ass when you haven't made a single valid point. Your whole arguement can be summed up in "OMG CTF IS BETTER CAUSE I SAY SO LOL!!!! SIEGE SUCKS AND IS FOR NOOBS BECAUSE I SAID SO AND I'M BETTER THAN YOU EVEN THOUGH I DON'T KNOW YOU LOL!!!!"

Sorry, but I don't argue with idiots (or people who act idiotic... haven't decided which one you are yet...).

There is a reason we've never heard of you ;) <3

media, just let them have fun playing siege and simply invite them to come play ctf, etc. as well. Vinegar and honey, yanno?

Originally posted by AnalogSaint

It's not an opinion. CTF takes more skill and has more depth. All you can say is "I have more fun in siege". You certainly can't say it's the superior gametype in terms of complexity or time required to master, ect. But since you are so determined to have me break it down for you like a child I will. I will make the following statements and you can tell me which one you think is untrue. Then we can find out who is wrong and who is right.

1) CTF takes much more skill to be good at than siege

2) CTF is a more complex gametype than siege

3) CTF has much more depth than siege, and as a result, takes much longer to get good at or master.

4) CTF is a more solid gametype with none of the bugs and imbalance of siege, such as the horrible desert map which is riddled with cheap game ruining bugs, and the retardedly simple korriban map. The only decent map, Hoth, is also a no brainer. The winning formulas are all too easy to see. I played siege and found it an insult to my intelligence as a gamer.

TK4...seriously man. You shouldn't even be in this argument. After our 1v1 it's plain you've never played multiplayer before.

1) Its a matter of opinion. I find it takes much more teamwork to get far in the game than CTF.

2) How so? Complex? CTF is just, bring the opposing team's flag to your base. That's one objective. Siege has multiple objectives.

3) It is STILL a matter of opinion. A CTF master could well take ages to play Siege effectively (no, I don't mean running around and sabering people; I mean cooperating with your teammates to finish your objectives).

4) I would like to ask you if you have considered the length of time CTF has existed, and compare it with the time Siege has existed. ;) The winning formulas are easy to see, just as the winning formulas for CTF is easy to see. It is, after all, as you put it, simply taking the enemies' flag to your own base. So simple, eh?

Look, I dont have a much of a dissagreement with you on your points if anything I would be leaning twords druid I just think that cirtain gametypes are not judged by the challange level

Just answer this question do you think that a gametype should be judged by its challange answer yes or no

I dont know what happend I have had more than 10 hours of MP experiance I just havent recently I am not a MP god either I could do a true 1v1 with you just you and me on a server CTF and I doubt I would lag out

And please consider Rumor's idea;)

Originally posted by Druid Bremen

1) Its a matter of opinion. I find it takes much more teamwork to get far in the game than CTF.

2) How so? Complex? CTF is just, bring the opposing team's flag to your base. That's one objective. Siege has multiple objectives.

3) It is STILL a matter of opinion. A CTF master could well take ages to play Siege effectively (no, I don't mean running around and sabering people; I mean cooperating with your teammates to finish your objectives).

4) I would like to ask you if you have considered the length of time CTF has existed, and compare it with the time Siege has existed. ;) The winning formulas are easy to see, just as the winning formulas for CTF is easy to see. It is, after all, as you put it, simply taking the enemies' flag to your own base. So simple, eh?

The you over-simplify too much.

The initial idea of ctf is very simple, but then the same can be said for CS. CTF? Get their flag and bring it back. The difficulty is not in acknowledging that, but in doing so. CS? Plant the bomb/defuse the bomb. Real simple, eh? Yet cs is the most popular, and one of the most absolutely complex games around, and ctf has a very large following across many many games and is equally complex.

Siege is in and of itself a very simplistic rip of various games such as assault in ut, stopwatch in et, etc. There is no evasion, there is no truly effective setting up of crossfire (weak weapons partly)

A ctf master does not need more than 5 minutes to run through the map and find the objectives before he is ready to play, and win.

(no, I don't mean running around and sabering people; I mean cooperating with your teammates to finish your objectives).

Who the hell do you think you're talking to? A bunch of second-rate newbies who've never played anything other than Zork for the past 15 years? You've obviously not read this thread very thoroughly.

bah gotta go carve the turkey i may continue this later :o~

BTW

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

*sigh* Should I even bother arguing with you Analog? You give points that are purely opinionative and don't even have anything to back it up with.

Whatever, it's obvious you don't know anything about siege. As for your little challenge, I'm sure my clan would love to rape your little ragtag team.

Originally posted by sircursealot

*sigh* Should I even bother arguing with you Analog? You give points that are purely opinionative and don't even have anything to back it up with.

Whatever, it's obvious you don't know anything about siege. As for your little challenge, I'm sure my clan would love to rape your little ragtag team.

oh **** you just turned your ass into a fertile yard. I'm sure there will be plenty of people to plant the grass.

Oh gee, I get a link from Rumor today that leads to a board I swore should have been killed sooner or later if Darwinism were to hold true.

It never fails to amuse me that every week, some dip**** decides to set himself/herself up for the "Prolific Dumbass Newbie of the Week" award. It's nice to see that we finally have a few candidates, rather than one. Hell, why don't we award them all. It will save us the trouble and the time.

Since day one, Siege has not been just easy, but retarded easy. It's so easy, a team from the Special Olympics could probably give the best siege clan a run for their money. "Oh, but you need teamwork!" Yeah, teamwork in order to get something out of weapons that could be rivaled by Stone Age technology. I bet me throwing a rock at the AT-ST in Hoth could have more effect against it than the piece of **** rocket launcher.

It's rather sad when you think some UT-Assault rip off, which is linear at best, is a superior gametype in a ****ty game overall.

Originally posted by AnalogSaint

Hey UJ, how about you and Kos make a comeback and let's beat these newbs asses at siege? That would be most classic and hilarious. Nothing going on in Doom 3 until it's patched up anyways man. come have some fun

I'm game.

Never played siege a single time, but if it has guns and it requires aim to kill things, I have no doubt this will be a breeze.

set it up.

Well you might not think Siege is fun or challenging but we do. You are probably better than most of us but that doesn't mean your god and your right all of the time. We have fun playing Siege and you enjoy playing CTF no matter how challenging either is I see them as being just as good by considering that both have certain factors in my mind that outweigh the other in the same category and but it depends on every persons opinion and the persons playing the game.

So I don't think either is better than the other. I don't care how challenging you don't find Siege I(we) find it challenging in some ways and very fun if you don't like it don't play it we will. You can go play CTF and I am sure some of us will join you in a CTF game sometimes but we like Siege so don't flame us for liking something you don't. Scientifically your statement that CTF is more challenging than Siege is considered an opinion

Look, I have better things to do than debate which is better when I don't think either is better so I don't think you will see me in this thread anymore so see you around

And no I mean just one on one you and me on siege hoth as you see my connection is crap if there are a lot of players on one server(btw there wer up to 5 players last time after that it was down hill from there). Anyway I would like to 1v1 you to I fixed some of the problem with the lag it was cg_rendertexturetofx enabled always hangs up my computer I dont want argue anymore I have better things to do. I would like to 1v1 you though probably a brighter map cuz that vjun map was terribly dark:)

I'm game.

Nice. You and Kos were my two choices for this.

sircursealot, i'm getting people who havn't even played jka in almost a year to join my team. I need to know exactly what details you want in our match with your siege clan. I would prefer 3v3 on hoth. I don't want this to be one of those newbie fests where you guys talk smack over and over then just refuse to match after I go to all the trouble of getting my team together. I need to know where you stand. I saw you on the forum last night and pm'd you twice asking for a 1v1 and a discussion about our siege match, but you chose not to respond.

Don't write a check your ass can't cash newbie, I want to have this match sometime at the end of next week at the latest.

As for siege vs CTF, it takes seriously 10x as much effort, skill and time to master strafe jumping alone as it does to master siege. That's just one small aspect of CTF that one has to master to be truly good at it. The bottomline is i'm showing you that jk2 vets are totally willing to come own you at a gametype we don't play. I don't see any of you newbies stepping up to the plate on a CTF match. You know that we would rape you senseless.

Very well, I'll talk to some clan members and see if anyone is interested.

As for a 1v1, I never received any PM, but if you really want, I could reinstall JA and take you on. No promises of skill, as I've only played TFFA twice, both times on a LAN.

EDIT: Looks like I did receive those PM's. The PM alert system here is horrible (as in, non-existant).

Archived