Home

omg, delerious newbies, plz plz lewk!!!!!!!!! (a server challenge!)

FlashRam

Originally posted by Darth Kaan

Playing COD mostly, but going on laming rampages in JA every so often for personal amusement. Glad to see your still here. I see kaoticz is back! You got a mIRC channel?

Heh, we played cod when it came out, and then died of boredom when the 1.2 patch hit and went inactive, and played other games. Playing cs now, which has a thriving competitive community.

irc: #kaoticz on irc.gamesurge.net

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Darth Kaan

Playing COD mostly, but going on laming rampages in JA every so often for personal amusement. Glad to see your still here. I see kaoticz is back! You got a mIRC channel?

Ah, that itself is classic...

Though we've all (for the most part) drained JA to death, and desperately attempted to rejuvenate the game with countless mods, we still find that laming provides unlimited entertainment.

As long as JA possesses those that uphold 'teh honourz', I will have a reason to keep this game on my comp ;)

Btw, hilarious thread...

Hi guys!

I have been pretty scarce around here in the past week, because I've been spending time with my family and took a break from the forums.

But, I should be back (well, I'm a little busy this week too, but hopefully soon).

Here's what I'll say about this thread (and those like it):

I'm GLAD to see people getting excited about JA and playing it (perhaps coming back to the game or trying something new after awhile). I DON'T CARE if people challenge each other and even trash talk a little (within reasonable limits of course, I'm not talking full blown flaming or whatnot).

The key here is that talk on the forums is one thing... "proving your skills" is done in the game itself. ; )

So get out there and show your stuff!

As to debating which game mode is "better" or "takes more skill," well I have my opinions, if you really want to hear 'em, do some searches and you'll see what I've wrote lots of times over the past year or so. I know what I like, and I know what works for me, no need to repeat it endlessly, since I know that won't change anyone's mind! Though sometimes I've been able to get people to try new things, so it's tempting, but no thanks... heh

This thread is the perfect example of what is wrong with this game. Siege RPG newbies come and talk trash, then disappear when a challenge is issued. I don't know who any of you are except for UJ and Rumor, but I don't see any of you on Refresh or the competitive servers either.

The refresh crowd is not like the old DSbr crowd that would kick people just for not being hardcore elite. Tons of newbies go to refresh...they just don't get picked. Refresh servers are pick up games. Two captains pick teams. These servers remain the only thing close to serious gaming in jka. However, I get annoyed with that crowd sometimes. They take forever to pick teams and chat too much. But it's still way better than anything else in jka, and a few of the players have genuine skill. JaX is probably as good as any gunner to ever play JK series, and Supes, Hood, and Bluestar are all very elite.

^4Re^5fresh^11-PUG|76ms|68.216.1.2:29070

and

^1((^5PICK^4UP^5GAME^4z^1))|78ms|64.246.15.154:29070

I remember one time (back in the day) on my Meatgrinder server I was hosting FFA, and I was listening in on the chat (from the ded server panel, this was before I hosted on with JediServers). The people were talking like RPG players.

"No, no, you guys have to all be stormtroopers! We're the rebels!"

So I figured I'd give these guys something to "play" and switched it to Siege.

I was happy 'cause they were trying it for the first time and sounded very excited. They were even trying to complete objectives.

It was pretty cool, 'cause here you have these guys who didn't even know this other world existed, and they were giving it an honest try.

So sometimes you can introduce people to new things and at least get them to broaden their horizons. ; )

If you're going to role play, role play that you're a team fighting against the other team to accomplish your goals. Heh... whatever works.

Originally posted by Sam Fisher

Whats Refresh?

http://www.firetrill.com/forums

Keep an eye on the Refresh server with the All Seeing Eye or Qtracker. Most evenings you will see a normally empty server suddenly become full. Use the password (ctfpug) to join but do not leave Spectator unless you are picked for a team (they will probably kick you if don't obey that rule). They basically play only one map (mp/ctf4) so if you ever want to play there make sure you know that map like your own home.

It's a chance to watch some really good full Force full weapon CTF players. If you go there a few times and they get to know you will probably get a chance to play. That's why it's a good idea to just go and spectate so you can learn the best tactics to use against some of the regulars.

Archived