Home

Can't Play internet multiplayer

wwaaves

Ok here's the deal, I installed 1.1 patch after getting frustrated with 10 minute load times and recieving...

"host connection lost" message

Now I have the patch installed and I'm recieving...

"host connection lost" message

I have the "latest" video drivers for GF4 ti4600 (3/24/2004) that can work with my video card (the newest drivers cause more problems than fix).

So whats the f*ing deal here? I'm not running my game on a crappy dell cheapo. I'm not a nobb who has no experience. And I'm pissed off that game companies pawn the latest and greatest game off on customers without fully testing. I might as well go back to bf1942 galactic conquest....At least it works!!! and it was free!!!

Anyone can help?

yes,

It's the only browser that I'm using. I've tried to connect to at least 20 different servers and all are reporting host connection lost. I haven't been able to connect to anything since I got the game about 4 days ago.

I know its not a hardware conflict becuase the singleplayer works great.

yep..this is pissing me off too..

When I got the game I could play online fine..then I started getting it all the time..

downloaded the patch and I could play for 1 day..I tried to get on today...got the error..its pissing me off..I think it might have something to do with how much crap is runing..becuse usually when i shut everything down like AIM and limewire itll run good...idk Ill check later wen Im not pissed anymore

I haven't been able to play online at all! I have a router/switch that I opened up all the required ports for gamespy and still nothing. I even tried to troubleshoot it using zonealarm to see what ports it was trying to connect with. Still nothing.

right now I have minimal processes running (23) and no zonealarm. Windows firewall is non existant. The next thing to try is get all the windows updates and connect my computer straight up to the cable modem. Take out the router completely.

If that works then I'll let you know.

At least I can play the singleplayer mode. The AI seems a little better than bf42.

• 2 weeks later...

wwaaves,

I'm having that exact same problem although I don't think it's in the client side patch.

Before the patch, the game worked fine then just stopped working. I checked and sure enough, there was a patch. I installed it and it still didn't work. I did the same things you did (opened ports on router, connected directly to cable modem, disabled the firewall, etc.) and got the same result, lost connection to host.

Thinking perhaps it was a corrupted download, I waited until I reloaded my system to try again. When I reinstalled the game, I went to get a fresh copy of the patch. Before installing it though, I tried playing a multiplayer game, same issue. I installed the freshly downloaded patch and still had the same issue.

Interesting that it worked before it was patched the first time then stopped working before or after the patch was installed. Including on a fresh system reload.

To say I'm dissappointed in an understatement.

I'm having the exact same problem. No matter what server I try to connect to it always comes up with the connection to host lost error message. I just got a cable modem so I could play this kind of game online. The one time I connected with my old 56K it connected to any server I chose. I just don't understand. Any help would be appreciated!

Haz,

I've searched and searched through forums trying to figure out what is going on. Are you using any other forums besides the ones hosted here to look for answers?

If anyone else is having this problem and has fixed it, please let us know what is going on.

I would have thought that lucas would back his product better than this.

No, this is the only forum I've seen this problem mentioned. Someone from another game (I have friends in their clan so I post at their site's forums) told me about this forum.

I've "googled" for it but no more info than what we've mentioned here.

I've been through problems like this with other games. Usually if the problem isn't resolved within 2 months of it becoming a problem, it usually isn't resolved.

I forget which game it was but there was an instance of a range of IPs being blocked for some reason due to ISP issues or something. Maybe the same thing here? I have no idea.

If I see anything new, I'll mention it here.

• 2 weeks later...

So today I decide I want to leave some feedback on lucas arts support forum. I put in my email address for registration and it won't send me a confirmation email so I can leave feedback. What's up with this company? This is the last time I buy a game from them...

Looking forward to battlefield 2, since afterall thats what lucasarts decided to rip off their game from...

Thanks for your crappy game george!

• 1 month later...

installed 1.2 patch and to my surprise....

pandemic and lucasarts have done it again....

F*cking give me my money back because this piece of S&it game does not work and you need to stick to making movies instead of writing games...

IF YOU HAVE JUST BOUGHT THIS GAME AND YOU ARE LIKE THE REST OF US 90% POOR SAPPS WHO CANNOT PLAY ONLINE THEN GET YOUR MONEY BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME TRYING TO EMAIL LUCASGAMES OR PANDEMIC THEY WILL NOT RESPOND. THEY ONLY CARE ABOUT MAKING MONEY, NOT SUPPORTING THEIR PRODUCT.

Archived