Home

Jabbas Palace on PS2

DarkDan721

Do you think Lucas Arts could make an add on disk with Jabbas Palace for the PS2 where you would swap disks? It would be like the HD Loader or GameShark, or actually i think there is even some ps2 games that have you swap to an add on disk. If they cant do that, you think they would release a new version of the PS2 Battlefront with all of the updates? If neither of those would happen would it be possible for those of us with DVD Burners to, when it asks where to install the update, direct it towards the game disk in the DVD Drive?

While there are rumors of a USB HDD for the PS2, we will have to wait and see. I don't think the add-on disc is very likely.

Unfortunately I think the PS2 has nearly reached the end of it's productive cycle... we are going to be stuck with Need for Speed and GrandTheftAuto rehashes until the PS3 comes out.

Don't get me wrong, I love my PS2... I was even playing it before the Xbob was released. You don't see PC gamers using the same system they had 5 years ago. However, the PS2 is extremly outdated right now and adding the cost of a hard-drive to an outdated system does not make sense.

In short, we are not going to get any major updates, maps nor a sympathetic word from the developers. Word of advice... if you need a Jabba's Palace fix, stay good friends with your Xbob friends and "borrow" time on their system till we are back in the modern world.

Archived