Home

Battlefront PC Patch Thread! 1.2 Patch (see the new thread instead of this one)

widkidone

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

havent tried SP, but heard from someone else it didn't work for him.

The map is a heavy weapons' heaven...Expect mines laid everywhere and rockets flying everywhere... The Gammorreans are fun, I was inspecting their model while they rushed up with 2 and sliced me with their axes.

It's weird when you fight in the room with Jabba. There's an army fighting in front of him and Jabba just sits there... Looks stupid if you think of it

Originally posted by TK-8252

But it doesn't work.

Huh. It works for me. I can grab the orange bar and drag it down to see the Jabba's Palace map at the bottom, or I can click in the space just below it for the same effect, just like any normal scroll bar. That's really weird that it doesn't work for you.

Ok I just downloaded it and ran through an instant action battle, clone wars era Jabba's palace. Must say, very very nicely put together map. This is how they all should be. Attention to detail is superb, Hans body in cabonite on the wall ( ok so its wrong for clone wars era but who cares).

The trap may open randomly, I dont know, I shot fat boy in the face and nothing happened, maybe its triggered by the length of time you stay on it. All i know is , is that I went down stairs and ran full speed into a room and come across the rancor. No hiding from him.... I nearly shat!!!

All in all a quality patch and very cool to look it. This should be the new level design standard.

(zombi voice):zamn1: Must buy Battlefront PC version * Must buy Battlefront PC version * Must buy Battlefront PC version * Must buy Battlefront PC version * Must buy Battlefront PC version *

I'v played it at a friends house and: IT'S GREAT. can you kill the rancor or just the Gammorreans cant wait to buy it:D

This is a really fun map.

I agree with some of the minor blemishes, such as Han being in the Clone Wars era, and it being silly that Jabba just sit there with the battle raging around him. But I don't care :cool:

Jabba looks cool, the rancor looks majorly bad @ss, the map layout looks like how I remember it from the movie, the droid torture chamber is a great touch, and the map design is both very fun, and feels authentic too (meaning it doesn't look like an architect tripping on acid designed the building).

As someone mentioned, this is the first map with doors, which I love. One thing I would have liked to have seen, which would have been a lot of fun, would be a way to manually trigger the trap door in Jabba's room by clicking a switch on the wall. How funny would that be to spring the trap on some unsuspecting schmuck, sending him on a one way ticket to Rancorville?

Likewise, it would have been neat to be able to manually trigger the carbon freeze chamber on Bespin, but that's another topic.

Overall, I really like this map, and am curious about whether the developers have anymore maps in the works...can anyone say Tantive IV??? :cool:

Its great. I think its bad that the level is so small. and also that the rancor just is one the same place. it woul be awesome if it would walk in its cave. its to easy to get around it. You should also be able to get outside jabbas palace. but a great map... Just one question: Can you play the map in campaign?

I just posted this response at LucasArt's site about the size.

Regarding playing it in campaign mode, I don't think it would make logical sense to fit it in a campaign. Where would you put it? I think they mainly made this map available for multiplay, but you can also play it as instant action too, for which I'm grateful.

Anyway, cool map. Can't wait to try it on multiplay.

It's a cool map but they need to put some kind of limit on the number of heavy weapons troopers. I just played a game with 12 heavy troopers, a single soldier and a dark trooper. And the dark trooper was me. The other maps have more open spaces so the missiles and mines arent quite so deadly, but in the palace theres nowhere to dodge to or pick them off at range. It turns into a missile meat grinder. If more people play the other classes its good fun though.

Oh, but I love that. Normally I despise playing the rocket launcher, and only reluctantly play that class for a moment or two when a vehicle starts camping a spawn point.

However, on this map (playing instant action last night), I had a ton of fun playing a rocket launcher. In fact, me and my troops were trying to take an imperial command post, and I was hurling rockets over my troops' heads, killing 4-5 imperials per shot - me with my power-droid backup held position providing covering fire, until we literally bled the imperials out of resources and won by attrition.

Now, obviously against real people that tactic would work for about 15 seconds before they'd go, "Hmmm, let's try something different".

But it was great fun :cool:

Originally posted by Stryker412

Cool map. Where's Leia in the bikini? ;) The only small fix I would make if it's even possible, is like someone said have the Rancor move around the room. I'll tell you it's hard as hell to take the CP in the Throne room sometimes. Good fun.

It is? I tried it once and had no problem. I felt down and the rancor didn't moved after me at all.

The command posts that seemed hardest for me to take were the two lower-level command posts. Man, the combat gets crazy down there, what with all the murder-holes, stairways, and hallways.

By the way, the first time I fell down into the rancor, he got me. Then I did it again - he got me again. However, a third time I walked in the door behind him, and could practically walk right up next to him, and he seemed oblivious. It would be nice if he could more around more, but he seems to be rather rooted to the ground.

Agreed. I'd initially discounted the Jet Trooper, thinking, "What do I need a jetpack for on a map like this". But then I realized:

1. That his grenade launcher came in very handy on a claustrophobic map like this

2. He can fly around to avoid mines

On a different topic, does anyone else love the droid torture chamber? Man, I just love that - it's such a great touch.

Archived