Home

Battlefront PC Patch Thread! 1.2 Patch (see the new thread instead of this one)

widkidone

Originally posted by Immolator

He's got the equivilent of a shotgun and has an extra grenade so it makes sense. Besides who has the time to walk up staircases these days? Especially with all those mines on them.

Good points. Never really used the DT so I was just asking. Throw a couple of grenades and mine problem is solved.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can't kill the Rancor nor can you kill Jabba. They're actually part of the map, just animated.

The Gamorrean Guards are sooo annoying (which is how they should be). I'm always trying to take a Command Post and one sneaks behind me and slice, dead. I wish the Gamorrean Guards were ally NPC's instead of enemies to all. That way the Imperials would finally get an ally NPC, and the coolest one at that. :p

i love the new map it rocks becuase of the litle areas to hide in and hidden hallways. Only thing funny about the map is that you can see the lights from the other rooms above you. That is about the only bug i could find that and the ai like to use greades alot.:atat:

Although Pandemic was a bit late, I have to say they did an excellent job on this map. It's probably the best designed map I've seen from them yet, reminded me a little bit of Counter-strike. The gameplay is great too. If Pandemic spent this much time on all of their maps who knows what this game could have been like. If psychofred is reading this, can u tell us if Pandemic plans to release anymore maps? Thanks.

Originally posted by spitboy

i love the new map it rocks becuase of the litle areas to hide in and hidden hallways. Only thing funny about the map is that you can see the lights from the other rooms above you. That is about the only bug i could find that and the ai like to use greades alot.:atat:

If so than Pandemic has succeded in creating realistic AI. Start up Battlefront, go online, find a server with Jabbas Palace, play, then respond to this post. Good Job Psych0fred! Actaully, what were you involved with on the project?

Originally posted by DarkDan721

If so than Pandemic has succeded in creating realistic AI. Start up Battlefront, go online, find a server with Jabbas Palace, play, then respond to this post. Good Job Psych0fred! Actaully, what were you involved with on the project?

what is it that you want me to repond to? Im not quite sure what you are sayn to do. I have playd this map abunch now. Its getting a little old in fact becuase my clans server runs it just about every other map. :deathstar

Cool to see new content, but a little disappointing.

I'm sure some folks are happy with the lack of Hero support, but the "map animation" during the loading screen is noticably absent. The "immortal" rancor that doesn't walk around and the invulnerable Jabba kind of left me wishing they'd spent a bit more time on it.

The map looks cool, but it's pretty small, and lacks vehicles (which is probably okay considering the setting, but in general SWBF is the most fun with vehicles I say).

I think renditions of Jabba's Palace done in other games do it more justice than here. Again, this was cool, but not great.

Btw, I'll stickify this for the new patch thread.

PS: While it doesn't fit with the whole factions thing, think of how cool it could have been to have this map be "Mercenaries vs. Rebels" (along the lines of JA Siege). Like having various aliens seen at Jabba's vs. desert garbed rebels. Well, another one for the mod makers to dream about...

I disagree. The lack of a loading screen changes nothing. Doesn't change anything about the gameplay or the experience at all.

As for the Rancor, I agree, they could have made it a little bit better.

As for Jabba, well, do you really need him to be vulnerable? What would be the point? Sure it looks weird but we don't want a bunch of people standing around trying to kill Jabba and not helping the team.

Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad

I disagree. The lack of a loading screen changes nothing. Doesn't change anything about the gameplay or the experience at all.

It just looks out of place. This isn't a map created by some third party fans, it was created by the team who designed the game. You'd think they could have taken the two seconds or whatever paltry (compared to creating the rest of the content) amount of time it would take to create a zoom in loading screen rather than the boring SWBF title screen for Jabba's. I realize they could have just pasted in Tatooine, and this makes it look even more rushed. C'mon. It's like releasing the Star Wars Trilogy Box set in plain brown cardboard. Sure, that doesn't change the quality of the discs inside, it just leaves the presentation quality something to be desired. Plus if you play this map a lot you'll be seeing a lot of that generic screen, rather than something more interesting.

As for Jabba, well, do you really need him to be vulnerable? What would be the point? Sure it looks weird but we don't want a bunch of people standing around trying to kill Jabba and not helping the team. [/b]

One of the greatest things in 3-D games is messing around. I always like to "test the limits" of games and see what the programmers accounted for in terms of players screwing around. This one just seems too obvious. Who doesn't want to take a swipe at the big fat crimelord?

People can already waste time blowing up neutral characters, so I don't see what's the big deal here. He doesn't fight back, so unless he's given a ton of health, it wouldn't be that bad. People will already try to fight the rancor until they realize how easy he is to avoid and is in fact immortal.

Originally posted by Kurgan

It just looks out of place. This isn't a map created by some third party fans, it was created by the team who designed the game. You'd think they could have taken the two seconds or whatever paltry (compared to creating the rest of the content) amount of time it would take to create a zoom in loading screen rather than the boring SWBF title screen for Jabba's. I realize they could have just pasted in Tatooine, and this makes it look even more rushed. C'mon. It's like releasing the Star Wars Trilogy Box set in plain brown cardboard. Sure, that doesn't change the quality of the discs inside, it just leaves the presentation quality something to be desired. Plus if you play this map a lot you'll be seeing a lot of that generic screen, rather than something more interesting.

We can't make such a comparison. You're comparing an object that needs to attract buyers with free downloadable content.

I can't see why you're even complaining about such an unimportant thing. Personnally, the other loading screens weren't so great either or even remotely interesting. Just a zoom in. They could have left the generic screen for all maps and no one would even bother complaining and unless your computer is strangely slow or you're strangely impatient, IMO any loading screen should just be one. Doesn't need to be "interesting". Gee I need something to occupy me for 20 sec...

Originally posted by Kurgan

One of the greatest things in 3-D games is messing around. I always like to "test the limits" of games and see what the programmers accounted for in terms of players screwing around. This one just seems too obvious. Who doesn't want to take a swipe at the big fat hutt?

People can already waste time blowing up neutral characters, so I don't see what's the big deal here. He doesn't fight back, so unless he's given a ton of health, it wouldn't be that bad. People will already try to fight the rancor until they realize how easy he is to avoid and is in fact immortal.

If Jabba served some purpose, yes, it would be worthwhile to shoot him. Gammoreans for example, need to be dealt with. Even a Rancor needs to be "dealt with". That's why people go at him because it attacks you but Jabba just sits there.

IMO this map wasn't rushed. It was probably planned for the full released but was not finished in time. The game itself is what has been rushed but at least we get more support then many other games. You have to realize this. Sure some of us could wait a month for a map, sure we could. Some of us however, are impatient. Some of us have suffered so bad support that we wanted to rip off the heads of the programmers.

I realize you've never seen DICE. BFV loses players all the time due to very poor support and patches that takes eons to be released.

Now you choose, either you get small patches with a little less content but players who feel they're not forgotten or huge patches that takes months with players wondering if they're even making one.

An immortal, unmoveable and stupid Rancor isn't all that fun sure but if was moving, intellegent and destroyable then it would die fast as everyone would want to kill it. Same with Jabba but it probebly would be cool with a number of NPC skum like the Gammorean.

Off topic:

I have yet to by it for PC so do I have to download the 1.1 to get the 1.11? And were do i find these?

anyone haven porblems with the lights on the map now?They seem to have to gotten brighter and you can see them shine from every floor. One of the maps from hoth in side the hangger is real bad now. Lights are too bright and glar so bad that you can stand in the middle and no one can see you or its hard to see the enemy. This is bad becuase every map that has indoor light is the same way. This is even after i gone into the opptions to see if i can fix it and still no luck. I know alot of ppl in my guild said the same thing after talking to them.:atat:

• 1 month later...

When I try to install the 1.2 patch, it gets about halfway done then says "Unknown Error" Please help!

[EDIT] I can't play Battle Front! I click start and then it loads for awhile then closes. I've tried restarting my computer and no success. I'm going to try reinstalling BF if nobody responds.

I got the same "unknown error" while installing the patch. Uninstalled Battlefront and then did a fresh install of 1.0 just in case it was something from the 1.1 patch that was freaking out the installer, but the same thing happened again. :( After I uninstalled the second time, I examined the files that were left behind by Install Shield. Apparently when it was updating from v.1.0, the 1.2 patch got as far as installing the addme.script for the jabba's palace map, but none of the datafiles. Oh, well... Here's hoping that it was just a corrupted download in both of our cases, and not a fault with the patch... :(

It'd be nice if Pandemic would create smaller cumulative patches (like a 1.1-to-1.2 update) to release alongside the all-in-one patches. The 1.2 update is *huge*, and a good portion of that is the Jabba's Palace map which we've already downloaded with the 1.1 patch. (You folks should keep in mind that although LucasArts products are sold worldwide, not everywhere has highspeed!) :p If it ain't broke, don't make us download it over and over again! :)

• 2 months later...

I like the new patch and especially the extra map.

BUT ! I still find that I crash too often when I'm in a server with a ping time above 150...

Crashes usually come when a grenade or rocket explodes nearby. Realistic games are great but not when they crash your computer.

• 1 month later...

Archived