Home

DrunkenMasters 60 FPS server

UniBoNGeR

Greetings everyone. I have been recommended to come here and spread the word about my server.

Name of the server is DrunkenMasters-60-FPS

I have been trying to test this for a few weeks now but just was told about this forum today after being very active on the LA forums. This is a super smooth server but the problem I am having is not many people stay long enough to get the server full. I have been working hard to provide the community with a quality high FPS server to play on but I need your help in getting the server full so we can test at even higher framrates!

Please feel free to stop in and test the server and report on your experience. For those of you who use teamspeak we offer a free channel to use while playing on our servers.

Teamspeak IP 67.18.178.180 default port - There is no password to join.

I run no bots, player select (for now), mainly GCW era (personal favorite) and 32 players. This server is running on dual p4 2.8 xeon processors, 3 gigs ddr ram, and 10000 rpm hard drives, and is connected to an oc48 network in Dallas, Tx. so it should be a smooth ride for anyone in the US. Please stop in for a few games!

Thanks alot!

Bong

http://www.drunkenmasters.us

Great! I put 2 bots on because im tired of playing with myself. < LOL

I dont understand why people will settle for a crappy 20 fps server just because it has people on it or maybe its full. Sure would be nice if I could get this server full instead of empty all day!

Well hopfully I will meet some of you for a game!

Well I just jumped on it, and it ran absolutely horrid. I had a ping of just under 100 and I was warping all over the place. I threw a grenade and it didnt even show up graphically. I pressed jump and it did 2 mini hops followed by a normal jump. I fired my rifle and it took a few secs to actually fire. Sorry man.

What are your system specs and where are you located? As I said I do not have any issues at all, the game runs smooth and I do not experience any of those issues you described and I am 1200 miles away from the server.

Also are you changing your ticks in the game to 30? Most people do not know that you have to change the ticks while ingame. Hit esc and click online options, click on the ticks number to increase it. I think alot of these issues are user error and not having your system configured properly for this game.

Also I play this game in 3rd person, maybe with 1st person views there are issues, try 3rd person and making the changes I suggested and see if it helps any.

the problem with 60 fps servers is it forces all players to run at 60 fps. If you computer can not keep up within 10 frames of 60 your person will freeze and warp. Most people cant run this game at 60 fps that why 60 fps server will never have alot of people in. I have a 3400 amd 64 and x800 pro and I cant even hit 60 fps with max settings. 1600 by 1200 all max with 6x aa. So not many will hit that 60 fps rate.

If your vid card/pc cant handle 60 fps then you shouldn't be playing pc games at all! Most games run well over 60 fps and most "gamers" have a quality video card to handle it.

Well at least I tried. I got tired of people bitching that they want the fps uncapped so I did it and now nobody likes it. lol Oh well I give up, you cant win with this dying game anyway you try.

Thanks for the input however!

Bong out

• 2 weeks later...
If your vid card/pc cant handle 60 fps then you shouldn't be playing pc games at all!

Wow, thats a wild statement.

30 frames per second is fine with me. Do you complain about framerate when going to see Disney movies? They only draw 24 frames per second.

I start complaining when it gets below 18. I guess its because I can't afford to buy a new vid card very often. :confused:

• 9 months later...
Greetings everyone. I have been recommended to come here and spread the word about my server.

Name of the server is DrunkenMasters-60-FPS

http://www.drunkenmasters.us

Can you please post the direct IP address for connection, the Mac users (as few as we are) cannot connect to you useing the Gamespy network server name..

Thanks,

BlackKnight

Archived