Home

The next RTS. Space or ground?

Guest DarthMaulUK

Should the next RTS be space or ground based?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Should the next RTS be space or ground based?

• Space
    • Ground
    • BOTH!

Guest DarthMaulUK

Post your thoughts.

Although Rebellion/Supremacy was a long drawn out game, it was an excellent strategy game. The element of surprise was a key feature and has always, in my view, remained a classic!

However, after the success of Galactic Battlegrounds in 2001 (yes! 2001!!!) should the next RTS stay firmly with it's feet on the ground?

DMUK

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Galaxies is a whole different genre. Them putting ground first then space was not the problem. Them screwing up ground completely then trying to add a whole new dimension into the game when they could not get the basics right.

--SW Galaxies stuff ups--

1. Telling people how to unlock there Jedi

2. Only allowing 1 character per account per server (letting Blizzard blow them away with there 10 characters per server.

3. Lack of high end content

4. PvE way to easy most things are soloable because of buffs and armor that basically stops all damage because your healed before they land another hit.

5. Generic missions, very boring and the main income for all combat professions

6. People could be master in a matter of hours if they had a decent weapon and grinded missions.

7. Loot very limited

8. Theme parks are always camped.

9. Imperials vs Rebels is basically useless you get nothing for blowing up a base.

10. DoTs, who the hell has heard of a normal pistol poisoning or diseasing?

11. PvP is boring and pointless its DoT wars and combat medics with there poisons and diseases that kill you in 5 seconds will win everytime.

I could keep going but I think I've pretty much called out the main things which is basically the entire game. It had so much potential but it was thrown away. I think LA should just drop this game and focus on a sequal the day LA signed SOE to develop this game was the day it flushed all hopes of this being successful down the toilet.

I was basing the 10 characters on what a dev posted that on release they were bumping it up to 10...

If you really wanted the game you could get it. SWG was not in australia but you can order it in weird thing is they support all country credit cards but limited the shipping to europe and NA

The main focus of this game should be Ground, simply because most of the battles in SW are ground and there are far more possabilities.

Space should be included as well, but as a secondary feature. As i said, it should be an RTT as part of the 'Conquer the Galaxy' mode which can be switched off. That way, if you want both you can have them, but if you only want ground combat, you can have that too.

Archived