Home

Securom Error

Hey Im geting a "Securom Error" Heres what it says

ERROR: Please insert the original disc instead of a backup.

You are trying to start a copy-protected application which requires the original disc to be in the CD/DVD-ROM drive. Please check to make sure your disc is an original.

This is the correct disc and i bought it from game stop. It has been worken for scence the day it came out, and thats when i bought it. It started given me these errors yesterday. I tryed cleaning the disk restarting the computer. I just dont know ????

Can some one help?

do you have programs, like deamontools or alcohol 120% installed (CD-player emulators) ? did you change anything about your computer 2 days ago?

I'd try re-installing too, just might do the trick.

If the CD turns out to be broken (not by your own obvious fault) and they refuse to take it back, blast 'em ! ..gameshop scum..

• 11 months later...

A common problem with securom is related to Gravis joystick drivers (Xperience software). Sometimes you can fix it by disabling the software (check task manager) when you run the program.

Also you need to insert disc 1 into the drive that you installed the game on (so if you have two disc drives, put the disc in the drive you originally used).

Often times though it just goofs up, but if you try it again, a second or third time, it works. It's a flaky system I guess, especially with SWBF2. :p

Archived