Home

Death Star map???

papa zero

Sadly I'll never have the pleasure of stomping around in Jabba's Palace as I have the PS2... but in regards to authentic firefights from the movies - why didn't we get a Death Star map? With a detention area and/or hangar impound complete with Falcon?

Just wishful thinking. ;)

It would be really cool to be in a firefight across the way from a saber battle between Vader and kenobi.

Its probably kind of over the top to consider a "capture the flag" on the Death Star... but then again Han and Luke did have to take on the detention center personnel. Imperial Troops did have to take it back...

Now that I think about it - there is another major firefight local missing from the game. The opening scene on the Blockade Runner in the original Star Wars. One of the reasons I love the cloud city so much is because the hallways resemble that scene.

Show of hands for these maps? :D

Originally posted by papa zero

It would be really cool to be in a firefight across the way from a saber battle between Vader and kenobi.

Its probably kind of over the top to consider a "capture the flag" on the Death Star... but then again Han and Luke did have to take on the detention center personnel. Imperial Troops did have to take it back...

Now that I think about it - there is another major firefight local missing from the game. The opening scene on the Blockade Runner in the original Star Wars. One of the reasons I love the cloud city so much is because the hallways resemble that scene.

Show of hands for these maps? :D

Well once the mod tools are ralease these are both very possible. FOr the Tantive IV vs the Blockade Runner I suggest 2, destroyable control points to keep the battle short, after all, even if it was a long battled in the movie it wouldnt be that fun in such a small space.

Originally posted by horseflesh

There is a custom made deathstar map available here :

http://starwarsbattlefront.filefront.com/

I'm not sure how good it is, as I haven't downloaded it yet. :deathii:

But I would love for Pandemic to make an "official" version.

This appears to be a vehicle based map... dogfights. I meant an interior Death Star map.

Originally posted by teeth_03

what about the area where The Emperor was and where Luke and Vader faught,that would be an interesting battle ground...all dark and all...

maybe have the Emperor's guards as the Neutral enemys who side with the Imperials

meh, Yea that sounds good too. :cheers:

Wait, so fan-made custom maps* for SWBF have been released?

Where have I been, that I missed this startling development???

*not counting, of coures slightly modified maps like the ones changed object placement on Hoth for example.

Edit: From the screenshots, it looks like the map is pretty basic. A big flat box with a single texture pasted over and over and covered with ship spawns (and it still replaces an in-game map)? Oh well, it's a start anyway!

Archived