Home

Meryl

graves

Holy sh!t...

...I just got my ass handed to me. That is fuggin' awesome.

And there's alot of girls that look boyish, with short hair...

...I think she kinda looks kinda like that Donna chick from That 70's show - only with shorter hair.

But if you round out her cheeks some more, it'll make her look a bit more feminine - but I've never played MGS, so I don't know.

Eek. Damn been busy lately :(

Good skinning graves but heres a few things:

Like most of your models you do a good paint job on the faces but they dont fully look like the character your trying to do. Example on this model. Look at her face. You aged her to much. If you are just skinning after what you think is cool then NP but I have always tried to get exactly what the character looks like (well most of the time, unless I think they look sorta dumb :D )

Heres a pic of her face 589712_20040109_screen008.jpg

Sure we all know that the remake of Merlys face was a little lamer than the original but still...

Another thing, this going along to get them to look alike. Because the games are on mainly the PS2 system look at their textures. They aren't to detailed, like the face. It's a flate color. Yours looks more human in color and with pours but it gets rid of the same look cause Konami uses a "Cold" pallet for there skins

2: Hair is diffrent. Nice girl hair but thats like what I see here in California, because Konami is in Japan they have more of the "Wake up and dont comb" hair, even on her. So make her hair more messy like in the image. And more bushier.

On the wounded leg cloth, it looks like it was a sepreate layer added on. I guess you use APS so I can't tell you how to get that look to be more real. Also were the wrap ends on the leg, were its just the end of the wrap towards the bottom, that looks funny to me at least ingame. If you can add a small mesh there to make it sorta stick out. Nothing bothers me more than say something that would be sticking out and it isn't :D

Tatto bigger? I think its just a wee bit bigger

Pouch on the back looks squeshed

Oh geez I forgot to say this to. Once again since the games characters are from Japan, the FACE shape! Geez sorry about that, thats important. Yours is more human but what Japanesse dev teams do most of the time is make the faces a what I call a Tear Drop face shape.

Thats about it.

*Goes back to work*

Yeah theres nothing wrong with him. I thought it would be a good idea to team up with him sometime but I dont think he wants to. I mean, I spent 3mins editing his face (and other textures like the body to make it more grey) and it looks better than his and mine because I belive the face on my models are good and his head shape is good on his. This is what I got.

15267.jpg

Thanks. I made a couple of minor updates to her face. Her eyes are now bigger, moved back the chin, and rounded out her cheeks in the 3/4 view.

3.jpg

4.jpg

^^ thats probably how she'll look ingame

Kman: FACK! you noticed that eh... I was going to go back to the belt later but I guess I forgot about it.

Antizac: It's not a competition:D Lol yeah, she wasn't a reference. I didn't even notice it until someone mentioned it.

Darth_Kitty: Wowzers. What happened to YOUR Meryl?:rolleyes:

l

If you are just skinning after what you think is cool then NP but I have always tried to get exactly what the character looks like (well most of the time, unless I think they look sorta dumb )

Bingo. I didn't use the twinsnakes Meryl as a facial reference. I started with Milla Jovovich and went off from there.

The flat color thing was most likely done to create an anime look. I simply wasn't going for that look.

2: Hair is diffrent. Nice girl hair but thats like what I see here in California, because Konami is in Japan they have more of the "Wake up and dont comb" hair, even on her. So make her hair more messy like in the image. And more bushier.

Thanks, but I'm pretty sure thats only true in animes... most asian chicks have gorgous hair. Sides, I don't think my Meryl has much asian in her.:D

Heh the bandage is matted down with blood:P Thats more of a preference than a crit. There's nothing wrong with representing something using only the textures. Yes the tattoo should be bigger. If you look hard enough at the wire frame you'll see that I floated a couple of polys just above her arm to create the tattoo. I alpha'd out the the rest so all you see is the tattoo. So I'm limited by the size of the polys I'm using. I could through in another poly but it won't fit on my texture sheet.

Pouch on the back looks squeshed

huh? where?

I'm biased when It comes to snake models so its hard to judge. I don't think I'll be doing any more snakes. The last one I did was final.

Ya know...

...If you wanted to go with a human, for reference - by the looks of Darth_Kitty's posted in-game shot, I'd say that Gillian Anderson [sp?] (Scully from X-Files), would have been a better human reference, than Milla Jovovich...

But I didn't know any better, before - like I said I've never played MGS, so I'm just going off one picture.

But in my opinion - you should make the nose (especially the nostrils) a bit smaller, (a slight nosejob) - and yeah the lip area could use some shrinking, and slight adjusting.

But most of all - I couldn't figure out, what was buggin' me before - and I thought it was the cheeks...

...Try making her jaw line, just a bit smaller (and maybe her chin too).

I think then you'll have her features slightly less exagerated, and she'll be looking much better...

But again, this is how I'm interpreting a character, from one actual in-game shot...

• 1 month later...

Archived