Home

Old Games

fullthrottle100

Because I can't buy them. Lucasarts doesn't have any new release plans and ebay isn't exactly loaded down with original copies, especially copies that are brand new and sealed. I just searched and the only one that came up for PC was a used copy from the U.K., which isn't going to work for me. Besides, I beat the game a few years ago by downloading it from the 'net and I want to play it NOW. Any more questions?

Originally posted by fullthrottle100

Because I can't buy them. Lucasarts doesn't have any new release plans and ebay isn't exactly loaded down with original copies, especially copies that are brand new and sealed.

If you want brand new and sealed then downloading is the wrong way to go anyway there professor. Oh, and on the other hand, pirating games is very bad. Speak no more of it.

You're all right. What an @55 I am. I only posted this so that people far superior to me could jump all over my freaking back and not help me at all. And has anyone else TRIED to look for Sam and Max Hit the Road on Ebay? There are TWO copies for PC and they're in ENGLAND, the rest are for MAC. And another thing, the reason I wanted to download is because that way I won't be buying a scratched up piece of crap CD, GENIUS. Now if anyone has anything useful to say I'm all eyes, if not.....bite my shiny metal @55!

You're all right. What an @55 I am. I only posted this so that people far superior to me could jump all over my freaking back and not help me at all. And has anyone else TRIED to look for Sam and Max Hit the Road on Ebay? There are TWO copies for PC and they're in ENGLAND, the rest are for MAC. And another thing, the reason I wanted to download is because that way I won't be buying a scratched up piece of crap CD, GENIUS. Now if anyone has anything useful to say I'm all eyes, if not.....bite my shiny metal @55!

First of all, I think the real problem isn't your worry of getting a scratched CD. More likely you're some very cheap (and might I say choleric) idiot. "Why idiot?" you might ask (I'm sure you do)... well, first of all asking for illegal downloads of LucasArts games on a FAN-forum of those games... do you think "fans" would support you downloading those games? Really? Furhermore your BRILLIANT argument that there are only two copies available on eBay, something EVERYBODY could easily check in a matter of seconds... man, when lying, try something we couldn't disprove...

Idiot.

You can play Mac versions of the SCUMM games using ScummVM. Some of them (DOTT, Sam & Max, FT) will have to be rescummed, but it's not that hard to do. I mean, I managed it.

I'm using a Mac, rescummed version of Sam & Max, and trust me, it works fine. It won't bite you.

So suck it up and pay the money already.

First of all, I'd like to ask for a little more civility on this board and a little less name-calling. Second, Jan and TyraaRane are right. It appears there's plenty of copies of Sam & Max on Ebay. If only Lucasarts would rerelease their classic adventures...

but until then, that's probably your best option.

A little more civility would be great, but I don't care. I just want to thank the guy who read my post and sent me a message pointing me in the right direction, I got what I wanted and they work great! Thanks again.

You can find lots of copys (NEW) for like $10.

Firstly you said you wanted to download a version "For archival purposes of course", second you want a brand new copy?

So you -cant- use a legal copy new/used to copy the files from it "For archival purposes", but downloading it does work for you.

You are about <-> this smart.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived