Home

KOTOR: The Sidelines

TheOutrider

T'uune gripped the man with the Force and lifted him even higher into the air. Around him layed the bodies of Czerka guards. T'uune was angry, but he was controlling it to make sure he got the information he needed.

T'uune- "Why did you want me to get captured by the Sith? ANSWER ME!!!"

Officer- (choking and gasping for air)"I...had......to. They left me....no choice. (gasps for air)"

T'uune- (increases the grip on the man, just slightly)"Bull-:swear:ing-:swear:. Your lying. What was the price??"

Officer- (still choking)"They.....stormed the office......offered me my life.......for yours."

T'uune- (briefly squeezes very hard)"YOUR STILL LYING!!!!"

Officer- "OKAY!! (gasps) Okay....(gasps) They offered.......75k."

T'uune- "You're trying to insult me, aren't you? 75k for me?? Why did they want me?"

Officer- (gasps)"Said something about......an assault.....the Jedi.......you killed the commander......a Force vision......I don't remember.......details."

T'uune probed the man's mind again. He was telling the truth, now. T'uune lightly tossed him back into his office chair, and walked outside. This news was quite troubling for T'uune since he had just recently seen a similar vision during his meditation on the trip.

What made things even more unusual for T'uune was that he still had a chance to take up Mark's offer. As T'uune and La'ola boarded Talarra's Fear, T'uune figured that he'd entertain the idea a bit, especially since he was returning to Dantooine to help Trent out.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mark and flosh were speaking over a bottle of nubian wine they were still awaiting the communication from t'uune. Both men seemed to have calmed down since their initial verbal confrontation.

Flosh. Ha, You know your alright, for a jedi.

Mark- Thank you.

Flosh- so can i ask what do you want with T'uune.

Mark- I can't give you too many details but there is somthing big happening in fact there are two big things coming. Last i heard the first one is going to be handled by the jedi bastillia so i don't need to worry about that. But they need T'uune for somthing else somthing that could save everything.

Flosh- Huh, how do you mean?

Mark- well thats what i'm not alloud to discuss.

Flosh desided not to persue his line of enquirey and turned his views to the fighter mark was flying.

Flosh- Thats the new type 2 JMS ain't it.

Mark- yeah.

Flosh- how fast is it?

Mark- It's the fastest fighter in the galaxy.

Floosh- [whistle] nice you must be a fair pilot.

Mark- I'm alright.

Flosh- Modest aswell i suspect. I tell ya i would love to get my hands on that.

Mark- well it's not mine to give. so keep away.

Flosh- O-k, you know T'uune should have replied by now.

Mark- Yes, I better be going back to dantooine, and tell them i was unsuccessful.

Mark and flosh walked into the hanger and mark got in.

Mark- Don't worry your seacret is safe with me.

His fighter left the hanger and shot into hyperspace. after an hour he arrived at the enclave and walked to the council the council were concerned of the amount of grave robbins of jedi tombs but they asked mark to wait as they felt somthing else would solve it.

Master vrook- Mark, We have resently discovered that the sith that you fought while, investigating t'uune were not as they seemed. They are apart of a splintered group who have broken away from The main army under the command of the former jedi Master Ny'son. Ny'son is now a dark jedi master and they appear to be doing somthing that not even the sith seen to condone. We did wish for T'uune to accompany you on this mission but as you were unsuccessful we will have to consider some other candidates for it. We beleive the resently elected twi'lek senator on coruscant may be helping these sith. you are to find and question him to see what he knows. This may have been made easier if t'uune was with you as we understand he worked for this senator Nomancrei.

Mark- Yes, I beleive he married the senators daughter.

Master vrook- You leave tomorrow, allthough this is not an order if you can just check the recent jedi tomb as they are likly to be targeted by these grave robbers.

Mark then left the enclave and headed towards the tombs.

There were at least 10 slaves minor guard. The there was like 20 trandoshans. Trent slowly turned invisible and walked to a trandoshan seperated from the rest of the group. He snuck up behind and grappled him, then broke his neck.

He picked up the body and put it in a corner. He checked the body and found a datapad. He read it.

The 5th day of our mission to find the treasure

We were ambushed by some Kath Hounds the other day. They injured our slaves and killed our men. We have 14 men left and a couple slaves. I hope the Kath Hounds don't live in the tomb.

-Grundo Gran

Trent heard something breathing. He turned invisible and looked around. It was a big red Kath Hound. They were known as the "Devil Kath Hound". They were extremely rare and if you found one and killed it you would probably get alot for the tusks. It was almost as big as a Krayt Dragon. The Kath Hound slowly snuck into the other room. Trent heard gunfire, screams, and blood. He slowly looked into the room and all he saw was one slave next to his tomb.

"Help someone, anyone here?!?" Said the Slave

"Your okay someone will come and help you." Said Trent in the persons ear

The slave then fell asleep over in a shadow corner where he couldn't be seen. More Trandoshans came as if there were reinforcements right outside the tomb waiting for the other people to die.

OOC: AIght, I'm outta this RP. You guys go way too fast...

BoT:

*Over Quietstorm's comms systems, Lily appears.*

Lily: Sir, I'm patching through a message. It's Code Red, clearance Drone/8B

*A man in Republic uniform appears.*

Man: Quietstorm, you are needed. We have transferred the coordinates to your ship.

*Quietstorm leaves, headed towards his ship. Soon he steps into his ship. It leaves Dantooine and streaks away to another battle to be fought against the Sith. Mayhap he would come back another time.*

La'ola went through the landing cycle, and Talarra's Fear was back on Dantooine, except they were now in a very hidden location. La'ola made the job of finding it all the more difficult by hooking up a modified stealth field to Talarra's sheild generators.

T'uune, however, was thinking to himself. The main thing he was wondering is why he was doing this for absolutely no money. Sure, the thrill of the hunt is one thing, and the glory of combat is incredible, but everything for no money? It just didn't make sense for T'uune. T'uune just felt that maybe he should give up on the whole bounty hunting business and settle down with La'ola at the getaway T'uune had built for them 3 years ago. It was built in an isolated spot in the middle of a rainforest. It was a beautiful location, and T'uune didn't spare anything when it came to luxeries. It had everything they could ever dream of and more. All he had to do was.....

La'ola- "Well, are we going to get outa here or what?"

T'uune jumped. He wasn't expecting La'ola to interrupt his thoughts.

T'uune- *sigh*"Yeah, lets get go. Don't forget: bring maximum firepower. In case something goes wrong, I want us to be able to fight our way out."

La'ola- "Already taken care of. Everything we could possibly need is in the speeder."

T'uune- (smiling lightly)"Alright then, lets get moving."

La'ola and T'uune left Talarra's Fear and got into the speeder. It was weighted down with a turbolaser attachment on a rear turret. T'uune knew what that was for and got in the gunner's seat behind the controls of the gun. La'ola grabbed the controls, and they sped off towards the Jedi Tombs.

T'uune felt ahead with the Force and could feel the aura coming from the Tombs. Just the chambers having the Jedi there made it a powerful location in the Force. But T'uune felt something else. Something dark, sinister, waiting. It didn't bode well for T'uune. He felt something else as they approached: a group of people. They were heading into the caves. They were armed, and T'uune could feel greed coming from them. Grave robbers.

T'uune ordered La'ola to slow down as they approached. As they crested over a hill, La'ola stopped the speeder while T'uune studied them with a view-finder. It was a small group of Trandoshans, and a few slaves. The Trandoshans were carrying heavy blaster rifles, and he noticed a manned blaster turret set up near what T'uune guessed to be their perimeter.

T'uune adjusted the scope on the turbolaser sight, and aimed for the blaster turret. T'uune let his weapon charge up, then he fired. The blast hit the turret in its charging banks, releasing a cascade of electric current throughout the machine as it shorted out. The trandoshan manning it died instantly.

The rest of the trandoshans readied their weapons and ran towards the perimeter. T'uune got out of the gunner's seat and pulled out his rifle. Aiming carefully, he slowly pressed on the trigger. *pppft* The supressed gun fired a 60mm round. The round hit a trandoshan in the head, and a fuse in the bullet set off a very small charge that blew the bullet into a ton of smaller fragments as it was penetrating the trandoshan's skull. Its head blew apart like a melon.

T'uune recocked the bolt and aimed for another Trandoshan. The previous shot had sent the trandoshans off to look for cover. Unfortunately for one of them, he didn't realize that T'uune could still see the back of his head. *pppft* T'uune recocked the bolt as he prepared to snipe out another trandoshan. One of them was hiding behind a tree. T'uune turned off the fuse for his next round, and *pppft*. T'uune recocked the bolt and prepared for another deadly shot.

By the third shot, the trandoshans realized that they would all get shot out if they stayed outside, and they all went running into the cave. But not before T'uune took out two more of them as they were running.

Now that the clip on his gun was empty, T'uune simple replaced it and got back into the speeder. La'ola carefully and quietly headed towards the entrance the trandoshans had entered.

Mark desided to wait a few hours before heading to the burial grounds and get some sleep. He set up a small camp halfway between the enclave and burial grounds. He layed nexy to a tree in the fields ensureing his mind was open to his surrounding ensuring he could not be attacked in his sleep.

In his sleep he began to dream of a temple in the middle of a jungle. His mind wandered inside and he saw himself, T'uune La'ola and the deseased jedi Trent fighting sith and dark jedi. in the back ground of the fighting he saw a massive sphere that was glowing red like the darkside dose in force sight. he then heard himself shout "we must stop the device it will be active soon!" his mind then flashed red and he awoke.

When he awoke it was late so he desided to head for the tombs he walked and felt disturbanses in front of him as if life was being estinguished. He began to run and hid behind a tree to see trandoshan run into a new tomb. he looked on the outside and reconised the statue of the occupant

Mark- Edison Trent?.

He also looked around and saw dead trandoshan some of which no longer possessed their heads. Which he felt explained why the others ran into the tomb. Suddenly he heard a speeder and felt a familiar presance drive up to the entrance. It was t'unne he contemplated if he should approach them but was unsure if they would be friendly towards him. He will be needed for his upcoming mission to coruscant if he would help?

La'ola stopped the speeder near the perimeter the trandoshans had established before T'uune sniped them out. T'uune felt into the cave and could feel the trandoshans trying desperately not to be afraid. Granted it was quite difficult to be brave after 6 of your comrades mysteriouly got their heads blown off from a sniper.

T'uune was about to step outside the speeder when he felt a presence nearby. T'uune very carefully aimed his turbolaser at a large tree branch where it joined the tree, and fired a small charge. The bolt hit the large branch, causing it to fall down directly on top of Mark.

Trent heard something from his tomb. It was gunfire, loud and noisy. He decided to go to sleep in his crypt and wait for T'uune to resurrect his body. He slowly fell asleep and had a strange dream.

Don't please don't.

Now you die Mark

NO HELP SOMEONE!

T'UUNE ILL AVENGE YOU

*cough*We need to rescue Trent still

Trent had flashes of a Terentek. It had killed T'uune, injured Mark, and the Sith had tried to take La'ola. It was almost as if it might come true. Trent sat in his crypt silently waiting for T'uune.

The branch landed on his head causing mark to fall to the ground suddenly he had a vision in his short unconsciousness he heard

Don't please don't.

Now you die Mark

NO HELP SOMEONE!

T'UUNE ILL AVENGE YOU

*cough*We need to rescue Trent still

followed by a vision of a Terentek. It had killed T'uune, injured Mark, and the Sith had tried to take La'ola. he also felt the presance of an other but not in the vision as if another was having it at the exact same moment.

He snapped out of the black out and stood on to his feet and walked over to the speeder rubbing his head with one hand and had the other out in front of him as a sign for the gunner not to shoot.

Mark- For the sake of the force do you know how much it hurts having a branch fall on your head. By zantors minion, do you shoot near everyone you meet?

La'ola- (taunting)"You mean you couldn't use the Force to sense the branch falling on top of you?"

T'uune- (smiling)"Hey, I didn't realize it was you. As far as I knew, you were a leftover trandoshan that didn't make it inside. Look, just get over it so we can get this thing done. I've got the power converter we need for this right here. Now, lets do this."

Mark looked at the power converter and began to wonder what was going on. He shook off the pain and raised the hood on his robes to cover up any injurys.

Mark- What do you mean by lets do this? I'm here to investigate the grave robberys before i go on my next mission. Which is why i was tracking you because the republic are willing to pay you if you help me on this mission.

T'uune- "You mean to tell me that you didn't here about what Trent wanted to do? He wanted me to use the power converter to re-unite him with his body. Hmmph, thought you were here to help."

T'uune and La'ola get out of the speeder and load up on weapons.

La'ola- "Since you're here, you could lend us a hand if you wish."

Mark looked at the 2 in the speeder with a look of confusion.

Mark- You are trying to ressurect a fallen jedi, who distroyed your ship... someone must be paying you alot.

He looked at the converter and then back at T'uune

Mark- O.k, I'll help but after we've done this you let me by you both a drink at the nearest cantina while i make the republics proposal... Deal.

Mark held out his hand in order to shake hands if the bounty hunter would accept the proposal.

T'uune- "This is a favor for an old friend. I'm only doing this out of the single shred of kindness thats left in me. As for the drinks, I could use a good Corellian ale. Haven't had one of those in a while."

T'uune grabs Marks hand and shakes it.

T'uune- "Now lets get moving. Just be careful: I felt some kind of powerful darkness in here. And that wasn't the trandoshans."

With that, T'uune and La'ola crouched down and snuck inside the cave. As they enter the first chamber, T'uune pulls out his concussion rifle. La'ola already had her repeating rifle at ready. As they travel further into the chamber, several trandoshans pop out of hiding and open fire. T'uune quickly fires a blast near one of the trandoshans, sending shards of rock flying into the air. Several shards impact the nearby trandoshan, and one blade-shaped shard impacts the trandoshan in the head, killing him.

La'ola then proceeds to lay down tons of suppressing fire in the general vicinity of a couple of trandoshans. With the trandoshans hunkered down, T'uune pulls out a thermal detonator and sets it for a small charge. He tosses the detonator behind the trandoshans, which brings one out of hiding. He was quickly cut down by T'uune with a single blast from the concussion rifle. The others froze in place and watched in horror as the detonator went off. They were instantly disintegrated.

However, the blast caused a small cave-in in that corner of the chamber, which also covered up the entrance to the next chamber. Undaunted, T'uune uses the Force to pull some of the rubble out of the way, but can't get a large piece of rubble out of the way. The entrance is still blocked.

Mark clapped slowly at t'uune.

Mark- "You know your shoot first, shoot somemore, yob a granade and then ask a question way of doing things, isn't how yyou should act in a unstable tomb. "

Mark looked at the large piece of rubble and noticd it would not budge. so he began to knock along the wall near the rubble to find a weak pot. he continued this for a minute and suddenly stopped moving knocking in the same place.

Mark- Hmmm, but then again that way of doing things can help occasionally. : turns to t'uune : If you have any timed or remote mines i would plase one here. :points at wall: Not too powerful however.

La'ola- (annoyed at Mark)"Oh come off it already. Would you have rather have us engage in a huge shootout that would last for at least 10 min or longer, or have a quick resolution with a grenade?"

T'uune- *sigh*"Look, if you need a charge in that exact spot, all I have to do is change a couple of settings on my concussion rifle here, and viola, (fires a charge at the spot Mark pointed out, creating a small hollow area that extended the opening to the next chamber) instant door."

T'uune and La'ola carefully head in to the next chamber.

Mark also entered the chamber and looked around his surroundings with force sight.

Mark- It looks like you killed them all.

He continued to look around and saw that the spirit of Edison Trent was in the crypt chamber.

Mark- He is through there, waiting for us.

He walks into the crypt chamber.

"Who is that?" asked Trent

Suddenly two Sith showed up. One force pushed T'uune and the other quickly shot Mark with a stun blaster. Then a terentek showed up. Trent occupied himself trying to kill the terentek.

"Guys forget me, get outta here!" Trent threw his saber through the terentek's head, the monster roared and fell to the ground.

Trent was almost to late. The first Sith raised his lightsaber to T'uunes face.

"NO!"

Without waiting for the Sith to revel in his moment of glory, T'uune lashed out with the Force, throwing the Sith across the chamber. The other Dark Jedi studied T'uune for a moment. His eyes glared into T'uune's. T'uune could feel the Sith pulling his power from anger that resided within him. T'uune began to remember fighting his former master after he had fallen to the darkside. His master also drew his strength from anger that was within him.

The thoughts of his former master rekindled the hatred that lied within him, and the darkside began to flow within him once again. His eyes began to glow like fire once again as the hatred began to manifest itself. But this time, T'uune had no reason to suppress these feelings of hatred, and he began to revel in its power.

Meanwhile, La'ola recognized the hatred that was now surfacing within T'uune and decided to prevent him from trying to use it. She remembered the last time that had happened, no matter how many times she tried to forget. With the Sith facing T'uune, she very quickly unsheathed her katana and slashed the blade across the Sith's neck. The Sith collapsed on the ground, and its head rolled away from the body. La'ola quickly resheathed the katana and turned to face the other Sith, who was having a difficult time recovering from T'uune's strike.

Watching the Sith die did not ebb the growing tide of T'uune's hatred, however. Instead, it reminded him of a recurring thought of what he wanted to do with his former master. Looking over at the other Sith, T'uune began to see him as his old master, reincarnate. He calmly walked over to the Sith, and felt inside the Sith's body with the Force. Grabbing his lungs, T'uune picked the Sith off the ground with the Force. With one quick thought, T'uune completely crushed the Sith's chest with a sickening *crunch* as the ribcage forcefully collapsed.

The Sith then collapsed on the ground, struggling and gasping for air. T'uune knelt down next to the Sith and smiled sinisterly. He stopped smiling then got up and looked at Trent, La'ola, and Mark. The hatred was still there, evident in his flaming eyes. The darkside was beckoning for him, and T'uune was about to answer.

while he was stunned, Mark watched as he managed to fight back his own anger. He saw the anger surface and felt that this is what could happen to him if he alloud the dark taint to take control. He saw the anger and hate begin to take control of T'uune. However mark still not the light in him but how could he strengthen that. He turned and saw the ghost of trent fight the strange beast he only heard of in legends. Suddenly the terentek just walked through the ghost due to its immunity to the effects of the force and pounced on to T'uune. More sith ran in to the room with lightsaber and blasters then Mark Noticed the similarity between this scene and the vision he had outside the tomb. while the t'uune was on the floor after the terentek attack it turned and dived on one of the sith troops.

Sith troop- "Don't please don't!"

These words were in the vision he shared with another. One of the sith knights moved over to the still stuned mark. and looked down at him,

Sith knight- "this is the jedi Mark lightseeker!" : he stood up and raised his lightsaber to strike mark : "now you die mark"

T'uune was knocked backwards, but La'ola quickly ran over to cover him with a hailstorm of her repeating blaster. However, there was hardly any cover at all, and La'ola got hit with a blaster bolt from a Sith trooper.

T'uune watched La'ola get hit, and suddenly, the darkside completely took over. Hatred was now combined with absolute rage. T'uune wasn't pulling from his hatred and anger any longer: he was feeding off of it. Unparalleled strength and power coursed through his entire body. A Dark Jedi was preparing to strike the finishing blow on La'ola, but T'uune merely grabbed the Sith by his heart with the Force and literally crushed it. The Dark Jedi collapsed in extreme pain and slowly died from both internal bleeding and lack of blood flow.

The other Dark Jedi could feel the power collecting in T'uune and turned to face him. T'uune stood up and activated his lightsaber. His entire complextion had darkened, and his eyes continued to glow with the hatred and rage that was controlling him. T'uune leaped at the Dark Jedi. They struck at him, but the dark power that T'uune had enabled him to dodge it. T'uune struck at one Jedi, singing his face with the tip of his lightsaber. In the same motion, he parried a blow from another Jedi and lashed out with the Force which broke several ribs in the Jedi just from the impact. Another Jedi tried to stab at T'uune, but he quickly dodged the attack and slashed upwards with his lightsaber, severing the right arm of the attacking Dark Jedi.

The Jedi with the singed face then lashed out with Force Lightning, catching T'uune off guard. The pain was intense causing T'uune to collapse on the ground. Suddenly, the rage and hatred subsided for some unknown reason. Unheralded peace entered T'uune's mind, and he calmed down. As quickly as the darkside had almost taken T'uune, he had returned to normal. Now able to think rationally, T'uune opened his eyes and overcame his pain from the lightning. T'uune then activated a stasis field around the Dark Jedi, encasing him in the Force. The other Sith in the room watched in almost stunned silence as T'uune stood up to face them.

The vision seemed to becoming more and more true, However Mark remembered what his master once told him how those who can see the future can change it. The dark jedi was still about to stab his stunned paralised body, Unlike other conflicts he has had with dark Jedi he did not thet the dark side take over. Mark used his ability with the force to push the dark jedi in to the wall knocking him unconscious. Then he saw la'ola get shot and t'uune semm too go in same with anger killing one dark jedi and cutting the arm off another before he seemed to have just turned back to the light. However him getting up while almost all the sith stared at him from getting up while being under the influance of force lightning. Then he saw the dark jedi he thought he knocked unconcious go to strike T'uune in the back. Mark called on the force to heal himsrlf and then managed to dive in between the dark jedi and T'uune with his lightsaber stopping the strike.

Mark-Not so fast, didn't your master tell you its wrong to stab someone in the back.

Then mark swung his saber at the siths head beheading him.

Mark- T'uune, are you o.k.

The Sith commander gave the order to open fire once again, and the soldiers filled the air with blaster fire. T'uune, however, used his lightsaber as a shield, deflecting the blaster bolts. T'uune purposely deflected several bolts directly back at the Sith soldiers. T'uune began to slowly move forward, but by the time he arrived at the Sith group, all that was left was the Sith Commander himself. T'uune specificallly left him alone because he recognized the name he saw on his identification tags.

Chief Commander Vern Yaruth. Former head of Telos Security Forces. Wanted dead or alive by the Telos Bereau of Investigation for supplying Admiral Saul Karath with the IFF codes of the Telos Security Forces in order to allow the Sith Fleet to approach and almost completely destroy Telos without any obstructions from security forces.

Thats what the bounty tag had stated and T'uune meant to claim it. As he arrived at Commander Vern, he Force pulled the rifle out of his hand and placed the tip of his lightsaber against the commander's throat.

T'uune- "I'm just fine Mark. Just fine. I think that we'll be getting out of here alive, anyways. These Sith haven't put up too much of a fight."

T'uune then backed off from the Sith and walked over to La'ola, deactivating his lightsaber. The Commander quickly tried to grab a rifle from a fallen soldier, but T'uune simple pulled out his net gun and fired. The net caught the Sith just as he was reaching a rifle. The net swept him off his feet and pinned him against the wall. He tried to struggle his way out of the net, but the sharp edges only dug into his skin.

T'uune- (without turning to face the Sith)"I would highly suggest that you don't struggle: its quite painful to do so since the net will start to automatically tighten if you struggle too much."

T'uune knelt down next to La'ola. She was still breathing, and T'uune could feel the life within her. She was going to be okay. T'uune breathed a sigh of relief as he pulled out a medkit and began to tend to her wounds.

Mark walked up to the net with the sith commander in it. he looked him up and down and looked around to see all the sith bodies. he saw t'uune tending to his wife and then looked back at the commander. mark began to reflext on the events that had happened as he often does after a conflict. a looked of confusion came across his face and whilst still looking at the commander he spoke to T'uune.

Mark- "Hey whatever happened to that terentek?"

Suddenly he heard a grow from directly behind and he thought l"i had to ask." He turned and ignited both end of his lightsaber and faced the creature. The Beast dived at mark, so he bent on one knee and rolled under it. the creature flew over him and mark jumped up and stabbed the beast in the back. the terantek screeched in pain and collapsed. Mark deactivated his lightsaber and turned to T'uune.

Mark- "If La'ola's alright can we get on with what we came to do, load this guy in that cell i saw on your ship and get that drink."

T'uune finished up tending to La'ola, or at least he finished tending to what La'ola would allow him to tend to.

La'ola- (frustrated)"I can do it myself. (T'uune tries to press a compress on the wound) Oh quit it already!! I'll be just fine. Just let me finish up, okay??"

T'uune- (retracts his hand in a mock surrender)"Fine, fine, have it your way. Just trying to help. (looks around the chamber) Hey, what happened to Trent? He's the whole reason why we're here, ya know."

Archived