Home

Endor Siege

monsoontide

Opps repeated myself a bit there...

Anyways, haven't started on the trees yet - just working out a way to make it look like they go on forever using a portal sky in combination with "real" trees in forground.

Am currently woking on getting all the major structures in place, then will populate the forest with trees and appropraite foliage.

Red glowy thing on top of bunker and in generator room are CONTROL POINTS - like Battlefront, that you have to capture. Each one is a Siege Objective that once captured, will allow your team to spawn there.

Generator room and generator control room originally modeled by SunBurn for me. (With considerable fixing by me - still have to fix those control panels too).

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nolight compile, anyone?

If you move the texture on the control point patches up just a tad, you won't have those wierd floating rings abovee the gradients.

The outside is really hard to judge without tree/foliage models in place, and that is the most bizarre skybox I have ever seen.

OK finally managed to get some more done last night - the company Christmas party and resulting er... tiredness meant I haven't really made any progress for the last few days.

Anyway have mostly finished of the main Imperial Structures - just losts of detailing / sounds / etc to add. Also been working on making some custome forest textures - that's the hard part trying to make it so the forest doesn't just end in at the abrupt wall of the skybox or as is more usual with outdoor areas - a big huge impassable hill that runs the edge of the map.

ATST Pilot almost finished - just a few more tweaks and he'll be ready to bring into the game (Anyone?)

I'm gonna try a combo of real trees (ie. 3D models) combined with a layer of 2D trees then a portal sky featuring more 2D trees and a sky shader with a dense forest background image!!!

Still in the testing stages.

Ewok village is next major structure I'm working on.

Hope to have some more pix this weekend.

Originally posted by monsoontide

I'm gonna try a combo of real trees (ie. 3D models) combined with a layer of 2D trees then a portal sky featuring more 2D trees and a sky shader with a dense forest background image!!!

Still in the testing stages.

Ewok village is next major structure I'm working on.

Hope to have some more pix this weekend.

yes this is also how I want to realise my latest map.

The disadvantage just is that these models have to be really low- poly.

At least mine are because you can't really block them with vis tricks since they are in the portal sky.

What about some screens on the AT-ST Pilot?

Just sent some updated pix to Lil Killa, so hopefully he can post them.

Have started work on making a variety of Low poly redwoods for use in map. Even so, with all the foliage and whatnot, you'll need a fast machine + fast internet connection, though I'll do my best to optimize it.

Anyways, just trying to get the Imperial half of the map to a working state, then I'll do the rebel section. Then after a bit of ALPHA testing, I'll finish detailing the whole thing.

Haven't yet added the portal sky - hope to get time to do that tomorrow.

Tonight there's a big Christams Show at the park I'm obliged to attend.

Just sent some updated pix to Lil Killa, so hopefully he can post them.

Have started work on making a variety of Low poly redwoods for use in map. Even so, with all the foliage and whatnot, you'll need a fast machine + fast internet connection, though I'll do my best to optimize it.

Anyways, just trying to get the Imperial half of the map to a working state, then I'll do the rebel section. Then after a bit of ALPHA testing, I'll finish detailing the whole thing.

Haven't yet added the portal sky - hope to get time to do that tomorrow.

Tonight there's a big Christams Show at the park I'm obliged to attend.

hmm.... never recieved them. Try sending them again.

It's really hard trying to get some depth to the forest.

I'm working on some custome textures for the skybox.

I've been fiddling with the fog for ages.

BUT - (At least for me) fog doesn't seem to draw in front of a sky shader.

Anyone know a parameter (or shader line) to fix that problem?

Also using a portal sky is problematic - in as much as I can see through the side of the map into the underground bunker!!!

Getting the atmosphere of this thing right is going to require a LOT of tinkering.

Funilly enough, the grass sprite shader I'm using at the moment won't show up when in first / 3rd person view but it does when looking through the sniper scope!!!

Funilly enough, the grass sprite shader I'm using at the moment won't show up when in first / 3rd person view but it does when looking through the sniper scope!!!

I've had that problem alot too, not quite sure how to fix it, but you might try making a small brush out of the texture, as the sprite seemed to work when the brush was relatively small.

On an related note, Monsoon, any chance I could borrow those tree models your using? They look kick ass, and I was planning on making a small Endor map for the Movie Battles 2 mod, though its hard to find any Endor like trees these days :confused:

Also, I was asked to do a "better" AT-ST model and since I'm doing this Endor Map, thought it would be as good a time as any. The Raven model isn't really too bad (Though the animation is er... not acurate), but there's a few tweaks I hope to be able to make to improve on it, while still trying to maintain a low poly count.

Will release the AT-ST Pilot and AT-ST as a separate pack as well as with the map.

Won't get a chance to start on it (AT-ST) 'til after Xmas though...

I'm just sending Lil Killa the latest screenshots.

Having trouble creating the right atmosphere...

I want a cross between having fog and being able to see the skybox.

(Anyone know what the nocarve option in a fog shader means?)

Have laid down the foundation for the Ewok village but haven't really started working it yet.

I've redone the interior layout of the bunker and the generator control room.

Also anyone know if it's possible to get sprites to generate on a terrain shader? I've made them work on the individual ground shaders but they won't show up as part of the terrain shader...

Archived