Home

What Campaigns do we think will be in the new RTS?

DK_Viceroy

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by DK_Viceroy

I think there would be some trouble having a Rebel Campaign and still having it close to being Star Wars because the Rebels didn't launch huge masses of forces they'd use Cells of partisans.

How would they not be able to make one? The Rebels make hit-and-run tactics. If they create a good Rebel civ, it is quite possible. You know, we don't need huge battles involving thousand of troops for a campaign.

All civs should have a campaign, as i already included in my template. Anyway, for those who havent looked, my ideas were

Confederacy - after being losing the planet of Geonosis at the beginning of the Clone Wars, General Grievous has been tasked with creating a battle droid army with which to attack the Republic. Liberating Geonosis from Republican forces, build your army to strike at one of the key worlds of the Republic, Alderaan

Republic - Alderaan has fallen to Confederacy forces, and it is up to Obi-Wan Kenobi and Bail Organa to re-claim the planet. Striking hard and fast is your only option to restore confidence to the beleaguered Republican forces and force the Confederacy to its knees

Empire - a key figure in the destruction of the Confederacy, Anakin Skywalker has his orders from the new Emperor, kill the Jedi. Hunt them down wherever they can be found, and when this task is done, we must crush the main Rebel base of Hoth

Rebels - after the disaster of Hoth, Luke Skywalker has learnt the ways of the Jedi, and now must free his friend Han Solo. On your travels, you will be tasked to aid a group of Bothans about to be wiped out, attack the Death Star at Endor, and finally liberate the Capital of the Old Republic, Coruscant

Naboo - this is a hard one to come up with, i'm thinking the travels of Padme during the Clone Wars but not sure

I wouldn't mind....

Republic- After the capture of Count Dooku at the hands of Jedi Master Yoda. The Council discovers the plot behind Palpatine and seeks to over throw him from power before him and the newly appointed Clone Army have a grip around the galaxy.

Confederacy- After there defeat at Geonosis the remaining Confederate army has been handed to General Greivous to command. He has one target in site and thats the Galactic capital, Coruscant.

Rebels- With the Emperor destroyed, Luke Skywalker and the alliance have trouble keeping peace in the recently formed New Republic. Imperial threat still exists throughout the galaxy Rebels must destroy and defeat this Empire once and for all.

Empire- The birth of this Imperial government has given them many enemies and resistance. Seek out and destroy the opposing factions and keep your Empire from being overthown by the Jedi.

I like the idea of the Rebel Campaign though it would propably end up stopping just before Thrawn and there could also be a campaign against the Ssi-Rruvie Imperium so thy'd have to be in as an unplayable toybox side.

That could lead the way to a Post Endor Expansion pack.:D

Viceroy - LA will not have a game that has a very, very obscure civ in it, regardless of whether they are playable or toybox. I should also point out that in Star Wars canon, Thrawn doesnt exist, so the game could go in any direction it wants to. The reason i made my Rebel campaign stop at the capture of Coruscant by the Rebels is because that is the end of the Empire, and there is no stupid super-villan alien species from outside the galaxy and whatnot. (ie it doesnt contradict the films)

Viceroy - how is it corrupt and/or an illusion?

Anyway, the game will be based on the films, because that is what the general public know about. The whole idea with business is that you make your products appeal to the widest range of potential customers that you can, because that way you will get more profit. That, in turn, means that the game will be based on the films and so will subsequent x-pacs.

Truism is the way forward and especially since your ideas of canon are not complete without Episode 3 and the film itself chucks a few thorns into it like Midi Chlorians and how Tarkin got the designs for the DS designs from Sidious.

I keep my ear to the ground and from what I've heard quite a lot of ppl know vaguely about the Yuuzhan Vong and think they sound interesting as a civ and since I'm getting this from outside here and from a place that knows nothing of Star wars Truism and Star Wars Purism I take their opinions as the opinions of the Average Gamer.

LOL, that is the biggest load of rubbish i have heard for a long time. "Trusim is the way forward" - very funny.

Hate to tell you this Viceroy, but TPM introduced midi chlorians, not RotS. Also, EU was shot down by AotC when we discovered that the Geonosians designed the Death Star for Palpatine, whereas EU said that Devilled Lemsip had designed it, and Tarkin had shown it to Palpatine. In addition, AotC put the lie to the EU claim that the Republic confiscated the TF forces as in Rogue Planet.

So what does this all mean? Apart from showing that EU gets it wrong most of the time, it shows that George Lucas doesnt care about EU, and will go his own way regardless of what EU has written. 'Trusim' is the way forward? No Viceroy. The films are far, far superior and more popular than EU will ever be, which is why gaming companies will rightly bypass EU fanatics such as yourself to cater for the general public, and you will be left in the dust with your precious farce of 'truism'.

Windu In future bother to read my posts properly I said the films not ROTS threw up continuity errors with themselves.

XeBebop as well as Frozticles is right and despite your delusions Truism is the way forward and Purists will be left in the dust which means we'll soon be seeing the departuture of your demented babblings.

I'd say your over-ruled by a majority both here and elsewhere EU is far popular than you want to beleive but it is increadibly popular.

Viceroy - okay then, what continuity errors do the films bring up?

Also, i should point out that if anyone on this forum babbles and is demented, it is you. At least i don't spam just to get my post count up.

As for the majority - the majority of people know about the films and have seen them, only a small minority can be bothered reading the books. Whether you choose to believe it or not Viceroy, either way i dont care, EU is not widely know, and not many people care about it, whereas the films are timeless.

Windu I have repeatedly pointed out the continuity errors however just for you I'll make a compendium of them all.

You also shouldn't purport your viewpoint as that of the majority I know for a fact that it isn't unlike some I keep my ear very close to the ground checking a wide array of forums quite a lot of them not star wars related and most of them have a majority of people who are knowledgeable about star wars EU and would like to see civs like Yuuzhan Vong.

I'd be careful Windu you've already been proven wrong once this month and I'm more than prepared to raise that figure into double figures.

Viceroy you have not proven your "continuity is screwed up claims" so don't make out like you have. You stated that without Episode 3 they are continuity issues.... Of course there are its like telling the beginning and the end of a story and cutting out the very middle. Even without episode 3 your claims are still overthrown by facts and not your delusional state of mind.

Most of the people you see on other forums like EU but I'm sure they don't hold your agressive stance on the matter. It's simple fact that the movies are more popular then EU so the companies put more movies into there games then EU.

^^^^^

*Agrees with above*

You have to back up your claims with unbiased facts.

You have to understand that people who go to forums and bother posting on a Star Wars one are mostly geeks. Now, geeks are the hardcore fans, not the average fan, known fact, undisputable. It is natural for them to know about EU and for a certain majority of them enjoying it. It would be like me going to a Republican convention and asking if they liked Bush.

I would also like you to post actual evidence of people wanting a Yuuzhan Vong civ in SWGB2 instead of just claims.

If you knew how to debate, throwing baseless claims never helps your credibility.

Originally posted by DK_Viceroy

I might be able to do better than that I might be able to get them to come here and give proof of their desires.

Ooooh! Noooo! We don't want it turning into that kind of forum! ;)

Anyway, as I keep saying, the OT had a HUGE impact on popular culture. EU (or even the prequels) will never achieve that. Everyone knows something about the original films. That includes people who don't like games, people who don't like science fiction/space opera, even people who don't like films.

I'll eat my words when someone starts taunting Michael Howard by calling him "Admiral Thrawn". I don't think that's going to happen somehow.

Archived