Home

Valve's Surprise :D:D:D

GonkH8er

And the surprise is...

...it kills all of your Source games. YAY!

Now I can't play HL2 SP, HL2 DM or CS:S

The disc spins up - and nothing happens.

Brilliant. Now I can gnash my teeth to splinters in frustration and play the 'waiting' game until they fix this POS. And no, I'm not the only one. Hundreds of people are reporting the same thing.

Valve seems intent on annoying their fanbase at every opportunity with this sequel. :rolleyes::mad:

Originally posted by StormHammer

And the surprise is...

...it kills all of your Source games. YAY!

Now I can't play HL2 SP, HL2 DM or CS:S

The disc spins up - and nothing happens.

Brilliant. Now I can gnash my teeth to splinters in frustration and play the 'waiting' game until they fix this POS. And no, I'm not the only one. Hundreds of people are reporting the same thing.

Valve seems intent on annoying their fanbase at every opportunity with this sequel. :rolleyes::mad:

Weird. I just installed DM, played it abit, seemed fine. After I read your post I checked CS:S, works fine as well.

I have the retail (DVD) edition released in the UK. A member of the steam forums initially thought the retail version was the problem - but apparently some who purchased through steam have experienced this problem as well.

At this rate I will never be purchasing another product from Valve if it requires steam activation. The hassle simply is not worth it.

Originally posted by |GG|Crow_Nest

Half-Life 2 Deathmatch lags too much, more than CS:S and other games. I know you are probably asking why. Its the FREAKIN ZERO-POINT ENERGY FIELD MANIPULATOR's FAULT!!!

I don't see why everyone is complaining about this lag, I've got a rubbish machine and a average connection and I don't seem to get any at all.

Originally posted by Pal™

It came out around the 16th.

Edit: Had a game around an hour ago, was awesome and I finished in the lead. ;)

fd-dm_lockdown0011.jpg

Good, but not good enough im afraid. :p

33-Resizeofdm_overwa.jpg

[HLF]SparkyX and i were fighting for 1st place. :p

Originally posted by Pal™

I don't see why everyone is complaining about this lag, I've got a rubbish machine and a average connection and I don't seem to get any at all.

well maybe its because not many people are using the gravity gun. Or there are just too little players, the map that lags the most is dm_overwatch, thats nightmare.

Originally posted by |GG|Crow_Nest

People could actually have less deaths, but unfortunetly the enemy so happens to be at your spawn point and you get killed instantly. :(

And there are spawn campers.

It would be good if they added invulnerability for a few seconds on spawning to sort out that problem. It would also be good if one of the spawn points wasn't in direct view of the rocket launcher position in the Overwatch map.

Spawn...boom. Spawn...boom. Not fun. :(

The lockdown map is a lot more balanced - but still prone to spawn campers.

Originally posted by Evil Dark Jedi

I havent played Half Life before but I decided to download the demo. Its ok but not as good as Halo.

What? I'm a Halo fan and even I have to admit that Half-Life (And HL2) put Halo 2 to shame. I had to face the truth after a while, Halo 2 is no where as good as I had thought it would be. The ragdoll physics are rubbish, half the time I teleport and go through things in the floor. Theres no aiming what so ever, you just dual wield, hold the triggers and hope for the best.

Anyways, heres a few games I had today.

6a-dm_overwatch0075.jpg

Almost won!

f1-dm_overwatch0063.jpg

Won that one.

Heres a little video that me and some friends made, we spent like 1-2 hours just trying to sort out the office. It took a while but it was strangely worth it.

Click

Archived