Home

Buying a used copy of SWBF

u2jrmw

Hmm, I believe you CAN use it, but under a condition:

This other person (or any other, for that matter) should NOT use the cd-key anymore. If i am correct, everytime you connect to a server, the cd-key you use is send to a master server. There it is being checked if your cd-key is already used by some other computer at the time of connecting. If this is so, your cd-key is refused and you can't connect.

So if you really want to buy this game second hand, be sure to buy it from somebody (a trusty friend or family perhaps?) you can trust not to use their old cd-key. Buying it from somebody via online auctions and stuff like that is pretty risky, and I'd not recommend it.

There's a chance I'm wrong about this, so you'd better wait for another poster to either confirm this or tell you otherwise.

edit: If I'm correct you're planning to buy it from some website - auction or otherwise. Like i said, IMO it's pretty risky, but their might be certain rules on the website you use to prevent second hand cd-key issues. I dunno. Consider buying it from the shop, where you'll get a copy if which you can be sure that it's not scratched and that it's cd-key is not used by other ppl.

He's right, you'll have a cd-key issue. A certain unnamed person I know was a naughty boy and *gasp* pirated it. He couldn't do MP sometimes because his cdkey was most likely being used by another pirater. I would just pay for the full game, or wait for a demo to see if it's worth paying full price for.

Well, LucasArts has promised a demo. Until their site says otherwise ones IS coming.

The question is simply WHEN they will decide to release it. That's anyone's guess. It may be a long-a$$ time for all we know... ; p (so far we've waited 2 months)

Originally posted by Kurgan

Well, LucasArts has promised a demo. Until their site says otherwise ones IS coming.

Their site said otherwise ;)

Always have communication with the one you're buying from. Sure he can still play on it with a virtual disk or no-cd crack, but if you're playing he can't play either.

Originally posted by Stingray

useless statement. What if people need to see if the game works on their computer? And besides that it's naive to think everybody likes a game as much as you do.

it would be naive if you thought you knew my intentions in making that statment

Archived