Home

KotORTLK - TLK file browse/search/edit utility (Current Version: 2.3)

tk102

Edit tk102 9/29/06: This application has been officially retired from service. Please refer instead to stoffe -mkb-'s TalkEd utility

---------------------

KotORTLK v2.3 (11/14/05)

http://www.starwarsknights.com/tools.php

v2.3 - TLK->TXT and TXT->TLK functions added.

v2.2 - Added 'Add Entry' and 'Delete Entry' to the File menu. Added a label that shows the number of entries in the current TLK file.

v2.1 - Added better support for extended ASCII character set (0x7F through 0xFF). This allows characters such as é to be saved in the TLK file correctly (instead some weird 2-char sequence).

KotORTLK is a utility for browsing, searching, and editing the dialog.tlk file in KotOR.

Make a backup of your TLK file before you do any editing!

I also suggest using the Page Up and Page Down buttons for scrolling, cuz it's just easier.

• 4 months later...

Your just making tools like crazy tk! Nice work! I have a feeling I will be using this sooner or later.

EDIT: Heh heh oops didn't look on the time stamp... I'm just not having a good day:nut:. Anyways just ignore this post. Achilles has a problem he needs help with.

Originally posted by Shadow Blaze

Your just making tools like crazy tk! Nice work! I have a feeling I will be using this sooner or later.

He released this five months ago (not to take away from his hard work).

I hope that Tk102 reads back far enough to see that someone posted a legitimate issue instead of seeing your post and assuming that someone bumped the thread for a +1 to their post count.

Hmm, works for me. Just remember to make sure you're opening and saving in the SWKOTOR2 directory, not the SWKOTOR directory (which is what the Open As... and Save As... dialogs will default to). [i should fix that. :p ]

Has it been 5 months?

Oh and if you happened to have overwritten your dialog.tlk for SWKOTOR by mistake, there's another copy here.

Originally posted by Achilles

Wrong tool (unless I'm missing something) :D

Thanks for the reply though.

err... DOH! :headbump:

* double-checks the coffee pot and makes sure he's not using De-caf *

Sorry 'bout that.. I saw "tlk" and my mind jumped to "dialog" instead... :nut:

Originally posted by Achilles

Yeah, I was doing that and it still wouldn't save changes. V.2.0 is the only one in existence, correct?

Yes it is. Very strange. What are you attempting to edit exactly? -- I'll try to replicate your situation.

Archived