Home

President George W. Bush : Arrested

Acrylic

Originally posted by obi

I feel as if I am the only one on the entirety of LF that voted for Bush.

Oh well, I don't care if I'm alone. He won. ha.

:p

no you are not, but congratulations on doing so well over there champ, Bush sticking his fingers into Iraq has *really fixed things up* :D:( oh, and PM me when they dig up some more WMDs

[/exampli grata]

Obi, you prolly werent around as much when this junk was the hot topic(ie. immediately pre-election). We all got sick of it very fast and its often became quite ugly.... I'd say if you wanna talk politics *pretty please* go the senate, all you'll get here are extreme responses as per my e.g

mtfbwya

Originally posted by Astrotoy7

no you are not, but congratulations on doing so well over there champ, Bush sticking his fingers into Iraq has *really fixed things up* :D:( oh, and PM me when they dig up some more WMDs

[/exampli grata]

You're from Australia right?

I love Australia.

My mom used to live in Sydney for a few years back in the day, many years before I was born.

Originally posted by obi

I remember you having a Kerry/Edwards signature...

My memory must be going, dear me.

heh, i didn't have my doubts that LF had so many liberals.

its fake, notice picture: its from a long time ago.

Dick Cheney was overheard on the Senate floor with an even stronger response. "These charges are f****** outrageous."

cnn would never put any of that on their site. they'd make it "These charges are outrageous."

fake.

Originally posted by Hellfire Jedi

heh, i didn't have my doubts that LF had so many liberals.

its fake, notice picture: its from a long time ago.

cnn would never put any of that on their site. they'd make it "These charges are outrageous."

fake.

OT: lol, nice man, you've got 1111 posts ;)

Originally posted by obi

People and politics don't mix, otherwise nobody would be alive for long. But, I am sorry to hear that you helped kill America again. :(

Bush is a ****ing dumbass. He has done nothing good for the world. I wish the story were true, and that he'd starve to death or be tortured like those prisoners in Iraq (that one Abu Ghrabi-something camp). He deserves it, he caused the war. A pointless bloody war. He'll have more blood on his hands soon, more Americans will die because of him than Osama. Watch Fahrenheit 9/11, you'll learn that his family had a business deal with the bin Ladens, and he even invited the Taliban to Texas,

Even though politics and people should never mix, I cannot help being biased against Bush supporters. They supported everything he has done. That is disgusting.

:fett:

Originally posted by Majin Revan

People and politics don't mix, otherwise nobody would be alive for long. But, I am sorry to hear that you helped kill America again. :(

Bush is a ****ing dumbass. He has done nothing good for the world. I wish the story were true, and that he'd starve to death or be tortured like those prisoners in Iraq (that one Abu Ghrabi-something camp). He deserves it, he caused the war. A pointless bloody war. He'll have more blood on his hands soon, more Americans will die because of him than Osama. Watch Fahrenheit 9/11, you'll learn that his family had a business deal with the bin Ladens, and he even invited the Taliban to Texas,

Even though politics and people should never mix, I cannot help being biased against Bush supporters. They supported everything he has done. That is disgusting.

Uh huh, yeah, lets believe Michael Moore. :rolleyes:

You're not alone obi.

Watch Fahrenheit 9/11, you'll learn that his family had a business deal with the bin Ladens, and he even invited the Taliban to Texas,

any reference to that film instantly takes an anti-bush argument down in the credibility stakes in my view. As ive said many times before i believe that movie to be very poorly done and not even close to the standard of Micheal Moore's previous work.

Im anti-bush, i think he's an idiot and he's not good for the world, i think some good work has been done in presenting the case against him, not least by Micheal Moore but Farenheit 9/11 is awful. Its full of half truths and distortions - the same kind of distortions, incidently as Moore accuses Bush of putting out through the media

Originally posted by obi

And Hitler was also elected by a majority.

What does this prove?

Majority is NOT always right :dozey:

kerry is democrat, democrat = source of all that is bad.

Very true, what with their desire to help those less fortunate than them and abstain from war where people die, nothing but evil spews from the democrats!

Originally posted by Leper Messiah

any reference to that film instantly takes an anti-bush argument down in the credibility stakes in my view. As ive said many times before i believe that movie to be very poorly done and not even close to the standard of Micheal Moore's previous work.

Im anti-bush, i think he's an idiot and he's not good for the world, i think some good work has been done in presenting the case against him, not least by Micheal Moore but Farenheit 9/11 is awful. Its full of half truths and distortions - the same kind of distortions, incidently as Moore accuses Bush of putting out through the media

Actually, they did a fact check. The business deals are all true and were not distorted. The only thing he mainly distorted was the part where Bush sat there after being informed about 9/11. Truth is, he was told not to do anything. Don't think that I am trying to support Bush by that last statement. I would have jumped up, scared all the kids, and ran out of there. Our wonderful country was under attack by kamikaze idiots.

Democrats, if I have to remind you all, are the people who have moved this country forwards, not backwards like Bush has. Here are some facts:

• Democrats are liberals.
  • Liberals are open-minded, adaptable, change-supporting, cool people. They aren't afraid of changing stuff.
  • Republicans are conservative.
  • Conservatives suck. They are wrapped up in their little cocoon afraid to come out and change the world for better.
  • Liberals were for anti-slavery, black rights, women's voting rights, and women's rights.
  • The U.S.A. was based on liberalism. Free press, remember? Not anymore? That'd be Bush's fault. He controls the press, obviously to his advantage.
  • Conservatives were anti-black rights, pro-slavery, anti-women's rights, and anti-women's voting rights.

Oh, and I don't mean offense to all Republicans, as many are very intelligent, more moderate, or even liberal. Remember that conservative-type people were with the British government before and during the Revolutionary War of the U.S.A.

P.S.- Don't complain about Moore. He did a great job. You go and try to do something even close to the greatness of Fahrenheit 9/11.

I am partial to liberal and conseritive.

you can go too far either way, for example:

the Almish don't like modern convienences and still use horses. they're too conservitive.

The punk people deform their bodies with drugs, tatoos, sex, extreme boby peircings, you can be too liberal too.

Originally posted by kipperthefrog

The punk people deform their bodies with drugs, tatoos, sex, extreme boby peircings, you can be too liberal too.

Not all of them. Speaking as a person who has quite a few friends, the most I saw was a tatoo.

If everyone was completely conservative, the world's development would stagnate.

If everyone was completely liberal, we would advance too fast, too far, and too dangerously.

We have to have liberals to advance the world, but we need conservatives to mediate our pace.

Actually, they did a fact check. The business deals are all true and were not distorted. The only thing he mainly distorted was the part where Bush sat there after being informed about 9/11. Truth is, he was told not to do anything. Don't think that I am trying to support Bush by that last statement. I would have jumped up, scared all the kids, and ran out of there. Our wonderful country was under attack by kamikaze idiots.

Democrats, if I have to remind you all, are the people who have moved this country forwards, not backwards like Bush has. Here are some facts:

• Democrats are liberals.
  • Liberals are open-minded, adaptable, change-supporting, cool people. They aren't afraid of changing stuff.
  • Republicans are conservative.
  • Conservatives suck. They are wrapped up in their little cocoon afraid to come out and change the world for better.
  • Liberals were for anti-slavery, black rights, women's voting rights, and women's rights.
  • The U.S.A. was based on liberalism. Free press, remember? Not anymore? That'd be Bush's fault. He controls the press, obviously to his advantage.
  • Conservatives were anti-black rights, pro-slavery, anti-women's rights, and anti-women's voting rights.

Oh, and I don't mean offense to all Republicans, as many are very intelligent, more moderate, or even liberal. Remember that conservative-type people were with the British government before and during the Revolutionary War of the U.S.A.

P.S.- Don't complain about Moore. He did a great job. You go and try to do something even close to the greatness of Fahrenheit 9/11.

well, without going too far into this, because it is a well trodden road in recent times:

I dont doubt the facts of Farenheit 9/11 at all, im sure just about everything in the film had a basis in reality, my problems with the film were thus

• Moore rgets on Bush's case for manipulating the media and mking things appear differently than they are, yet Moore himself does this throughout the film with out of context quotes and edited footage, for example an interview with Bush some reporters conducted with him on a golf range of all places about reasons for war with Iraq and what Moore made it appear as though Bush said was "(generic Bush rhetoric for war), now watch this drive" before taking a shot with his golf club, making it appear that he didnt give damn about anything he just said, however this is not what happened, because the interview was in fact concluded, everyone was done, then Bush said, "Now watch this drive" as a joke. Not a very good one because hes an idiot, but this is one of many examples of Moore using the same kind of underhand technique as he accuses Bush of doing.

• He tries to imply that the poor of America fighting the war is some sort of conspiracy in the government, however this is not true - in every war in human history it is always, always the poor who do most of the fighting. This is because the army provides pay and oppertunities these people might not get elsewhere. Its not very pleasent, but its certainly not an invention of Bush

• In Farenheit 9/11 Moore makes no attempt to address the alternative points of view in his argument. He just goes on and on and on about his point of view. This is where the big difference in the quality of his work comes - in Dude, Wheres My Country, Moore devotes an entire chapter to addressing an alternative point of view. In Farenheit 9/11 there is no such undertaking. No matter how right you are, no matter how well researched, no matter how many facts and figures, if you do not address the opposite point of view, your argument is not an argument, it is a rant and it is worthless

ill try and make it clear, though i dont think ill be successful that i am anti-bush and i am a Micheal Moore fan when it comes to every one of his efforts except Farenheit 9/11. That film was simply not needed all it did was make people angry with no apparent effect. Dude Wheres My Country was a much MUCH better effort.

Seriously guys........all I did was make a joke. No debate post was intended. Everyone else was saying that they wished it was true he was arrested, so if they think that, they obviously didn't vote for him, therefore I made the post.

Don't turn this silly thread into a debate, please.

(by "silly," I mean non-serious)

It was a joke, nothing more.

Originally posted by obi

Seriously guys........all I did was make a joke. No debate post was intended. Everyone else was saying that they wished it was true he was arrested, so if they think that, they obviously didn't vote for him, therefore I made the post.

Don't turn this silly thread into a debate, please.

(by "silly," I mean non-serious)

It was a joke, nothing more.

indeed thats why i said i wasnt looking to go too far down that route. its been trodden a hundred times in recent times

Originally posted by Leper Messiah

its been trodden a hundred times in recent times

A hundred? More like a hundred bajilllion dillion zillion million thousand times. .9. Times 10.

Thanks for understanding though.

Archived