Home

New Job

RpTheHotrod

Well...I officially have 4 jobs. 3 pay and 1 is volunteer.

1st is I'm a school teacher

2nd I own a pool cleaning business

3rd volunteer is misc work for gamespy and also moderating these forums.

I had a choice of leaving it all to accept a job offer at Gamespy Industries over in California (actual pay, no longer volunteer). I had an important decision whether or not to leave here and go into a gaming career or stay here and help my dad with his church and the school. I decided to stay and help my dad. Well, as things turn out, God really blessed that decision of staying and helping at the church.

I am officially going into having a 4th job now. Going to be a Branch Manager/mortgage banker. :D

Already been able to cut the cost for my parents in HALF.

SO...God blesses :)

If anyone here is interested, let me know and I'll show you some numbers and you can tell me what you think. I gotta get everything situated first, but I'll get on it as soon as I can.

wheres the spare time for clockin honeyz ? you gotta make time for that !! :(:p I work for 2 organisations across 4 different sites, I sometimes need to look at my timetable to remember where the funk I need to be :(:p I limit myself to a 39 hour week and that is quite enough for the likes of me :)

mtfbwya

Originally posted by Boba Rhett

Awesome, man. :thumbsup:

Hey, do you need any wicked awesome nametags for your new branch manager job? My family company makes name badges and we do a ton for banks. I'd be more thank happy to make you one, my treat. :)

can I have one that says "HARDCORE STUD" , you're treat too ;)

mtfbwya

Never mind not having time for the ladies (which is obviously important)

and not having time for video games (which is ALSO important)

How on EARTH do you have time for WORK? A school teacher would mean you're working 8-3 5 days a week minimum..unless it's like, kindergarten / substitute / T.A.

A branch manager / mortgage banker also sounds like a job that would be your typical 9-5 5 day a week job.

So my question follows, how do you actually go to your jobs enough to not be fired already?

I could understand the pool thingy, as it could be taken care of on the weekends...but that also means you have 0 free time ever, and you can't take care of that many pools. :dozey:

I teach from 7am to noon.

I take care of pools and do the mortage thing till 7pm

I got to college from 7-9pm

I get home and do my volunteer jobs till midnight.

I do "free time" on whatever till 3am

Then I do it all over again.

As for education, I'm still in college. I'm 21 this Feb.

Working for gamespy pays you roughly 50k a year...and that isn't much living in California.

Another mortage banker I know of made $50,000 of commission when one of his "clients" got a mortgage plan for $1,000,000.

:o

I'd say I like this better than gamespy :)

Originally posted by RpTheHotrod

I teach from 7am to noon.

I take care of pools and do the mortage thing till 7pm

I got to college from 7-9pm

I get home and do my volunteer jobs till midnight.

I do "free time" on whatever till 3am

Then I do it all over again.

seriously, doing that for a prolonged period cant be good for your physical and mental health... I'd say you need to pick the cpl you are most passionate about and stick to them. The mortgage brokerage game is great atm...and the pool thing can be a nice change of pace(and setting) I imagine, not to mention the horny housewives you inevitably encounter :D

on the other hand, you prolly have shyteloads more money than me.... but money doesnt really mean that much for me. I am happy with what I get because it is all I need to have my own home, a car etc with a little left over for fun :) any more than that would be excessive IMO :( If any I had any excess money I'd blow it on fast women, drugs and more fast women, which would be much to the chagrin of my partner :(:p

mtfbwya

Money doesn't mean a lot to me. I just like having money because I can help others if they run into trouble.

That plus I love to tithe :D

The pool business can be pretty relaxing. Cool and quite....with the sound of a quite waterfall nearby.

On the other hand, ti gets stressful when a pipe breaks lose and you get soaked with freezing cold water during the winter...

I make up for sleep on saturdays. Last Saturday, I slept for 22 hours solid.

Archived