Home

Mac people are KotOR players too

ChAiNz.2da

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Beats me, ther is a Mac-Version of KotOR, and I don't know that???

Hmm, that's serious.. that's really serious I have to watch out with more attention.

By the way, is there also a macversion of KotOR II? Maybe, if the PC-version doesn't run on my brothers Computer, the Mac-game runs on mine...

By the way, is there also a macversion of KotOR II?

Unfortunately no :(

And it doesn't look like Aspyr has any plans to do a port either. Perhaps another company "may".. but usually it's Aspyr who steps up to the plate :giveup:

Guess I'll just wait till the new Intel Macs are available ;) hehehe...

• 2 weeks later...

HA! Intel macs are out. Well, Now atleast. So, if you wanted now you could put Windows XP on apple, and mod from there. But, this brings up a new question.

With windows on Mac, will companies still make just macintosh games/software? Or will they just figure, "Oh, they'll go and buy windows versions" what do you think? Personally i hope they still make Mac stuff....

With windows on Mac, will companies still make just macintosh games/software? Or will they just figure, "Oh, they'll go and buy windows versions" what do you think? Personally i hope they still make Mac stuff....

I hope so too... right now, having to switch between 2 different computers depeding on what I want to do is a hassle... at least the Intel Macs will solve that problem for me..

However, Mac'ers need to realize that just because there are now Intel Macs.. ya' still have to go out and buy the WinOS, configure your system partitioning and setup a Dual-Boot scenario (if you're wanting the full-power Windows dedication).. otherwise you'll be paralleling the WinOS on Mac's OSX base (much like Virtual PC)...

Still, I already have my system laying in my shopping cart queue just waiting for me to "take the plunge" (that and decide the final configuration of what I need vs what I want)...hehehe... :xp:

• 1 month later...
Likely, as I've said before, the mods for the PC version will work just as well on the Xbox and Mac, well more Mac than Xbox.

Really? Cool! Well, I don't have Kotor for Mac yet, but it's likely that I'lll get it on ebay soon, and I just love this make-Mision-a-Jedi-Mod.

I never thought there is even a Mac Version...It's not on the case, or is it? Well, it says only on PC Rom and X-Box? How on earth you put it into your machine?

Oh, I got it. If this is a new mac, I bet you installed Windows on the Mac, like, 2 platforms? It's possible for now...

• 2 months later...

Some questions:

as concerns cheats: I read the anzwer to Darth333's question, but I own a 12' iBook G4, whichs little keyboard misses some keys, for examle the tilde key. How can I use cheats then?

as concerns screenshots: Can you tell me how I can make a ss with that computer?

• 2 weeks later...

It's missing a tilde key? :confused:

Every iBook I've seen has one.. even the replacement keyboards you can purchase has the tilde (~) key. However, I wouldn't doubt it if I'm looking at older/newer pics.. and I don't have an iBook readily available to look at.

http://www.notebookreview.com/default.asp?newsID=2123

http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/lovemacs_1929_339489509

In any case, look directly to the left of your 1 key... normally that's where it should be located (combined ' + ~ key)...

As for screenshots.. since Grab (utility) isn't really a good option.. I'd definitely go for a 3rd party screenie prog. or widget (OSX). The widget "Capture" (v 0.7.9) is a really nice one I use for my mac:

http://vanillasoap.com/widgets/

If it's a G4, I'm pretty sure you're running OSX, however, if you're not.. then use this prog (ONLY if you're not running OSX):

http://www.stclairsoft.com/ScreenCatcher/index.html

---------------------

Or just use the default key strokes ;)

* Command-Shift-3: Immediately takes a picture of the entire screen.

* Command-Shift-4: Changes the cursor into crosshairs. Drag the crosshairs over a section of the screen, then release the mouse button to capture the shaded area.

By default, screen shots captured in this fashion are saved as PNG image files on the Finder's desktop, sequentially named Picture 1, Picture 2, etc. To copy the image to the Clipboard instead, hold down the Control key when you press the appropriate keyboard shortcut.

If I was to make a zip file of my Mac KotOR game master file, then send it to my PC laptop and use KotorTool, would I be able to mod them so that they would work for the MAC?

Also, what folders should I put into that zip file? I just want to be able to have several mods work, but they have similar .2da files that conflict.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived