Home

Mac people are KotOR players too

ChAiNz.2da

Ok, Im in desperate need of help.

I run a mac powerbook G4 and i currently have VPC running XP professional

I think I figured out the shared folder and everything but I cant find the place to download net frameworks like it said i needed =/

Im haaving other problems (like VPC shuts down randomly), but that's prolly VPC just being the usual windows. I'll post more if I got any other questions.

Edit:

Boot camp? I recommend you to buy a Virtual PC, which can switches between Mac and Windows without rebooting your computer.

soz for the double post but...

The reason I would reccommend bootcamp over VPC is because VPC merely emulates XP, Bootcamp actaully runs it. So it's more stable and can do more things.

A problem with VPC's not having to reboot the comp. Your using your cpu to run two operating systems. Its not good and makes VPC crash alot. It doesnt damage MAC OSX in any way i think, but bootcamp is MUUUUUCH better IMO :urpboun:

Edit2: GRRRRRRR!!!! Ok, I got VPC working and all, but the new kotor tool wont let me work on any mods cause it wont let me path the ways (like sothihenson said).

I really wanna help make mods, and this was one of the only ways i could do it. If anyone here found out how to make the newest version of KotOR TOOL to work on VPC with the macintosh copy of KotOR, please tell me.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still a cheating-problem: I followed the instructions on page one throug library and preferences, but there is no Kinghts-of-the-Old-Republic-folder. And in the KotOR-Folder in programs (where I installed the game) there's no swkotor.ini file.

What shall I do now?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

obviously not.

Well, to get a tilde in a text or so I have to press [alt]+[n], but this does not work in the game to open the cheat-console. Is there any possibillity to definy a different key for this? Like ^/° for example, which is where you have ~.

{snip} Bitte schreiben Sie in Englisch.

This is an English speaking forum. Sure, we do have visitors from all over the world but we have to stick to a common language if we want to be able to understand each other.

Thanks.

-d3

Alright, alright.

What I meant, was that Anglu should set her keyboard language to American English, so that the tilde is next to 1. But she already informed me that it didn't work, ja Kruzifixanochamol!

(No, I won't translate tha last word!"

• 4 months later...

Wow you turn to Lucasforums for the answer to this. :D

Googling "zip files mac" I found this

Working with ZIP files in Mac OS 10.3 and later

Mac OS 10.3 and later has built into it the ability to open any ZIP file as well as create it own.

To open a ZIP file double-click on the file.

To create a ZIP archive go to the Finder, find the file(s) to be archived and highlight them. Select Create Archive of... or Archive from the File menu. The Finder will create an archive which will contain the selected files.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
how did you get it working? when I do it, it says that I don't have write access? how do I fix that? by the way I am using betterzip to extract the mods, if that makes a difference.

Does your account have administrator privileges?

For the folder you want to install in (override):

- Apple+I or "Get INfo" on the folder.

- scroll down till you find the Sharing & Permissions section. It's usually the last thing.

- In the list, make sure your account states 'Read & Write' under the privelege column

- If you have Administrator priveleges, you'll be able to change the entries.

Does your account have administrator privileges?

For the folder you want to install in (override):

- Apple+I or "Get INfo" on the folder.

- scroll down till you find the Sharing & Permissions section. It's usually the last thing.

- In the list, make sure your account states 'Read & Write' under the privelege column

- If you have Administrator priveleges, you'll be able to change the entries.

I'm not sure if I'm in the right folder. Is this the Kotor Override folder in the disk icon or the one in my Macintosh HD?

I'm not sure if I'm in the right folder. Is this the Kotor Override folder in the disk icon or the one in my Macintosh HD?

I'd try just the "override" to be safe. ;)

It doesn't happen often, but if you try to change permissions system wide.. it's possible to get stuck in a "boot loop". Very bad things happen when this occurs.

Tends to happen on Intel macs, however I wouldn't go tempting the fates even if you don't have an Intel mac.. hehehe

Use "Get Info" or Apple + I on the "override" folder for now. You must be logged on to an account that has administrator privileges in order to change read/write permissions.

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=Mac/10.4/en/mh669.html

I'd try just the "override" to be safe. ;)

It doesn't happen often, but if you try to change permissions system wide.. it's possible to get stuck in a "boot loop". Very bad things happen when this occurs.

Tends to happen on Intel macs, however I wouldn't go tempting the fates even if you don't have an Intel mac.. hehehe

Use "Get Info" or Apple + I on the "override" folder for now. You must be logged on to an account that has administrator privileges in order to change read/write permissions.

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=Mac/10.4/en/mh669.html

For the one that you say I should use I don't know why it's like this, but this is what it says:

In the Sharing & Permissions section it has a chart of the users. The first one says The Username and (Me) in parenthesis next to it. It says I have the privilege to Read & write, but it is faded and above the chart it says "You can only read." sorry if that's confusing.

EDIT:

Sorry if I wasn't clear about that. What I meant to ask was:

I have two override folders. There is one in my disk icon when I put the disk in my computer, but it is not modifiable because I would be writing on the disk. There is another override folder that I can get to from my finder, which I put the mods in, but nothing happened.

• 1 month later...
Sorry if I wasn't clear about that. What I meant to ask was:

I have two override folders. There is one in my disk icon when I put the disk in my computer, but it is not modifiable because I would be writing on the disk. There is another override folder that I can get to from my finder, which I put the mods in, but nothing happened.

Are you extracting the contents of the mod files (usually compressed in a .zip, .rar or .7z format)? You'll definitley need to do this.

Also, because macs can't use .exe files.. mods made with the Patcher won't install properly.

You'll want to make sure the override that's NOT on the disc/CD has the proper read/write permissions. If all else fails.. go into your Disk Utilities and run a repair permissions on your main drive (you should do this regularly anyways to insure proper system running). Also run a verify permissions function on any other drives your system has that's not the main boot drive :)

Are you extracting the contents of the mod files (usually compressed in a .zip, .rar or .7z format)? You'll definitley need to do this.

Also, because macs can't use .exe files.. mods made with the Patcher won't install properly.

You'll want to make sure the override that's NOT on the disc/CD has the proper read/write permissions. If all else fails.. go into your Disk Utilities and run a repair permissions on your main drive (you should do this regularly anyways to insure proper system running). Also run a verify permissions function on any other drives your system has that's not the main boot drive :)

Will BetterZip work with .zip mods?

Will BetterZip work with .zip mods?

Should. Assuming BetterZip opens .zip files ;)

Just extract the contents of the .zip file into your override and that should work (be sure to read the mod's readme BEFORE dropping files in override in case you need to make manual adjustments)

Should. Assuming BetterZip opens .zip files ;)

Just extract the contents of the .zip file into your override and that should work (be sure to read the mod's readme BEFORE dropping files in override in case you need to make manual adjustments)

I am using your revan robes and sabers mod, and I have done all that, but when I enter the code for them, it doesn't appear in my inventory.

Make sure to use these codes. When I very first released the mod (v1) I wrote the wrong codes in the readme. V1.1 has the correct codes :o

giveitem g_w_lghtsbr25 - Revan's Lightsaber

giveitem g_w_dblsbr025 - Revan's Double-Bladed Lightsaber

giveitem revan_mod_robes - Revan's Robes

giveitem g_w_lghtsbr26 - Revan's Longsaber

Archived