Home

Mac people are KotOR players too

ChAiNz.2da

yup. you'll need to extract the files from the .zip file(s), then drop those files in your override :)

When I place them in BetterZip, should just the .zip file appear, or should all of the files it contains appear?

Edit: If anyone reads this that has a youtube account and knows how to do it, if you could maybe take a video of how to do this with BetterZip? I don't know why it's not working, maybe I'm just not good at that stuff. But I'd really appreciate it if someone makes a video and sends me the link.

Edit2: This is what I do:

Open BetterZip

Open revan_items_by_chainz_ver1

Drag the .zip files that I want from that folder into BetterZip

EDIT: I just deleted your mods and reinstalled them. Now when i drop the .zip files into BetterZip, it shows JUST the contents of the .zip file. Is this a good sign?

And then I have confusion

Do I

Option 1) Select those items and choose "Extract"

The Finder pops up to choose what folder

I choose Macintosh HD

From there I choose the folder titled "Knights Of The Old Republic"

I choose the Override folder

I click "Extract Here"

I check to see that they are there and they are not.

Option 2) Double click the .zip file

When I double click it, it a small loading bar pops up, and when it is done loading, there is a folder right below the .zip holding all of its contents.

Should the contents of this folder be extracted to Override instead?

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 months later...

Sorry for reviving a dead thread, but I haven't found the answer to my question.

I did the following:

swkotor.ini

[Game Options]

GUIsInScreenShot=0

EnableScreenShot=1

Easy, the hard part is trying to take the HUDless screens. Seeing how I have a laptop, I don't have a PrintScreen or F13 key. What can I do to rebind a key for screens? :confused:

• 1 month later...

Has anyone here managed to get any of the bigger mods up and running on a mac? Little tweaks and restorations seem ok, but...

On my ancient powerbook G4 running 10.4.11, I first tried Recruitable Kay, using Inryi's manual install pack. Found Kay on Tatooine as expected but the mp3s didnt play and the vast majority of the time it just skipped her dialog altogether, going straight to the reply screen.

So I uninstalled that and tried Brotherhood of Shadow (using Silver's 2da files compiled for the mac and starting from a Davik's Estate save game). The prologue quest worked fine, but when I agree to go the Orion with Ponda (the Bith in the Tatooine cantina) the game freezes on the 'saving' screen.

I have now freshly installed KotOR and BoS with no other mods/restorations at all to make sure this problem is not due to some kind of a mod conflict. It's not. I havent yet tried the Yavin 4 mod, but Im starting to wonder if there's some mac (or ppc) specific problem here.

Any ideas/suggestions/success stories?

thanks,

J

Yeah, I had the exact same problem with Kay and BOS on my computer too, probably because I run a PowerPC G5.

On the other hand, under success stories, I am able to run TSL exceptionally well on my Intel MacBook using a easy to use program called CrossOver Games. (TSL ON MAC!!!!!!) It is a User-Friendly shell for the WINE project, which can run many windows based programs on a mac. Using that, my version of TSL runs better than I've seen on any windows computers. If you have a mac and are looking to play TSL, have a look at CrossOver games at http://www.codeweavers.com. You do have to buy it to use it fully, but there is a demo version to test it out if you think you might use it.

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah, I had the exact same problem with Kay and BOS on my computer too, probably because I run a PowerPC G5.

On the other hand, under success stories, I am able to run TSL exceptionally well on my Intel MacBook using a easy to use program called CrossOver Games. (TSL ON MAC!!!!!!) It is a User-Friendly shell for the WINE project, which can run many windows based programs on a mac. Using that, my version of TSL runs better than I've seen on any windows computers. If you have a mac and are looking to play TSL, have a look at CrossOver games at http://www.codeweavers.com. You do have to buy it to use it fully, but there is a demo version to test it out if you think you might use it.

Are you sure? I have Crossover on my Mac (which allows me to run the TSL Mod installer thing...whatever it's called) and I was thinking of investing in TSL but I didn't know if Crossover would run it.

By the way, I haven't been here in a year and a half...wow...I pretty much had to guess my username and password to get on :eek:

I am having trouble with the "Weapons of the Old Republic" mod for some reason even though I put all the patches and remove all the files that have been known to crash the game I still have the game crash at

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
the scene right after you get off the Endar Spire and have the "vision" of Revan fighting Bastila
I cannot figure out the problem and I have not seen anyone report this problem (I put almost the same thing under the file comments on filefront).

So if any of my mac buds here know the solution PLEASE post/PM me :D

BTW

Are you sure? I have Crossover on my Mac (which allows me to run the TSL Mod installer thing...whatever it's called) and I was thinking of investing in TSL but I didn't know if Crossover would run it.

CrossOver games works with about any PC game. I am pretty sure; my friend has it...unfortunately I do not have an intel so I cannot personally verify :(

So I just bought a Mac Book Pro. Is there any trouble running Kotor 1 or 2 on it? Do I need to use bootcamp? I have searched google for answers, but I really get no up to date infos about the new macbooks, and how pc games run on them. Anybody have any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

This is first time using Crossover (-Pro 7.1), HdVaderII, but are you sure you dont just own a lot of Codeweaver's stock? Their own webpage <<http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=2614>> says it cant run TSL and im not having luck avoiding a lock up after the game-configuration-register etc screen. Anything specific you can suggest to get it running? Thanks.

• 2 months later...

Sorry, I didn't notice your comment about Yavin 4 earlier. It works fine on the Mac version. As do the following:

RedHawke's Ord Mandell

RedHawke's RodianElderMerchant

RHEHConstructionBench

RHJawaShop

ExarKun'sTomb

Carth'sSecret

The BIG news is Brotherhood of Shadows:Solomon's Revenge. I got it running on the Mac version. :clap2: I posted my method and a couple of screenshots in Silvredge9's thread, so I won't repeat that here. I just thought some Mac people might not see it over there. I have permission from Silveredge9 to distribute the files that I have made compatible, so I will post a link when I get them uploaded.

Edit: Here's the link:http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UFM43YP5

Update: There seems to be a serious conflict between BOS and the 1.03d beta patch. The dialogues are skipping badly. It plays pretty well with 1.03c or with the unpatched KOTOR.

• 1 month later...

Just wondering, has anybody out there running crossover or crossover games figured out how to get any of the script compilers working? I've tried all of the editors listed on swknights.com, to no success, so if there is any way to get them working with crossover, or any other compilers out there that may work, I'd be glad for some advice.

• 1 year later...
can someone give me links for the mac combatable kotor moding tools thanks

and if there isnt any i would like it if u told me

Not any (or many?) that I know of to be honest. :(

When I mod.. I usually bootcamp in to Windows to use those pesky .exe files.. hehe

The most useful tools available rely on .exe files.. so it tends to be Windows (environment) or nothing.

If the mod is a .zip simply double click it and drop the contents into your override folder. Though if it is a windows exe file or a .rar you cannot use the mod on the mac. I would know as i cannot play BoS:SR on my mac :(

.exe for sure unless you bootcamp or virtual in to a Windows environment, but you can un-rar files, I've been doing it for years ;)

http://www.unrarx.com/

http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/17741/rar-expander

• 2 weeks later...

Newsflash

KotOR is now on the Mac App Store for $19.99 (USD). Not too sure if it's moddable (I got mine off the Aspyr digital store a few weeks beforehand).

If anyone plans on taking a look, please post results here.

sorry it took me so long but i finally got the game to work on vmware fusion... but you cant mod the game if its the mac version because you cant find the path so i was a little confused (and still am a little bit) but i found this page and while it didnt help me it might help you but i have the kotor 2 game and installed it on vmware fusion and kotor tool worked on kotor 2 so you can run kotor 2 on virtual machines.

http://64.20.36.211/showthread.php?t=203749

• 4 weeks later...

Read through another thread, and now posting relevant info here.

To install mods on the App Store version of KotOR:

Go to Applications folder.

Right-click
Knights of the Old Republic
package.

Select "Show Package Contents"

Navigate to
Knights of the Old republic>Content>KOTOR Data

Create Override folder.*

*Causes Errors or has no effect pending mod type.

More info can be found in this post.

(For the newcomers¹)

Instructions on installing KSE on your Mac here.

¹Myself included.

Archived