Home

daughter of Vader

Leper Messiah

During the EU, i frequently see Leia try to refuse to think of Anakin/Vader at all, during the black fleet crisis i seem to remember her trying not to acknowledge him in her own mind. Its not come up in my current book (star by star) yet, so my question is, does Leia ever make her peace with Anakin/Vader? or does she still hate him through and through?

Originally posted by Shok_Tinoktin

This is not a complete answer, but read Tatooine Ghost. And are you sure it was an issue in BFC? I thought it was before that, like Thrawn trilogy, but maybe not. Anyway, to answer your question: more or less.

it wasnt exactly an issue in BFC its just there were multiple refernces to her avoiding thinking about Vader and not wanting to acknowledge him.

Originally posted by Jan Gaarni

I don't remember where it was covered, or when it happens, but I do know she did eventually make her piece with her father, effectivelly giving Anikin piece in his ... well, ghost life. :D

He was not seen again after that.

he actually turned up and spoke to her?

Originally posted by Jan Gaarni

I don't remember where it was covered, or when it happens, but I do know she did eventually make her piece with her father, effectivelly giving Anikin piece in his ... well, ghost life. :D

He was not seen again after that.

he he he. In the comics mainly, around the "dark empire' era and subsequently with the birth of the twins, old anakin(as portrayed in ROTJ originally) would pop up in dreams. I can NOT remember a lucid dialgue between them. I do remember luke also having similar contact, but it was more dreamlike than his chats with ghost obi-wan.

Yes, there did come a point that *Luke* understood he wouldnt be seeing his old mans spirit again(ajnd obi wans too mind you). once again after the incidents in dark empire, and immediately thereafter...

Leia does start to get a handle on things to a certain extent, even as far back as the Thrawn Trilogy, when the Noghri address her as Lady Vader. (they still do, even in njo era ! which she doesnt like too much but has accepted that it is there way of showing respect to Vader for having saved them etc etc)

The most Leia gets to explore the issue of her heriatge is, as mentioned above, in "Tatooines Ghost". She comes across some old holo footage of little anakin winning the podrace, and gets to see her grandmother(schmi's) diary, giving insight as to how she coped after anakin had left.... it is quite an interesting, different book in the EU...

mtfbwya

Originally posted by Astrotoy7

he he he. In the comics mainly, around the "dark empire' era and subsequently with the birth of the twins, old anakin(as portrayed in ROTJ originally) would pop up in dreams. I can NOT remember a lucid dialgue between them. I do remember luke also having similar contact, but it was more dreamlike than his chats with ghost obi-wan.

Yes, there did come a point that *Luke* understood he wouldnt be seeing his old mans spirit again(ajnd obi wans too mind you). once again after the incidents in dark empire, and immediately thereafter...

Leia does start to get a handle on things to a certain extent, even as far back as the Thrawn Trilogy, when the Noghri address her as Lady Vader. (they still do, even in njo era ! which she doesnt like too much but has accepted that it is there way of showing respect to Vader for having saved them etc etc)

The most Leia gets to explore the issue of her heriatge is, as mentioned above, in "Tatooines Ghost". She comes across some old holo footage of little anakin winning the podrace, and gets to see her grandmother(schmi's) diary, giving insight as to how she coped after anakin had left.... it is quite an interesting, different book in the EU...

mtfbwya

does she investigate what Anakin did after leaving Tatooine?

Originally posted by StarWarsPhreak

Anakin's ghost speaks to Leia at Bakura

Yes! I think you are right. I knew she talked to him at some point, and that is what I had figured Leper was referring to.

And about Tatooine Ghost, she also came to see Anakin differently from talking to the people who knew him growing up, before he left Tatooine. That he was such a good kid that people on Tatooine were not even willing to believe that he became Vader. Also, it has a nice little tie-in to the end of NJO. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by AT-ATNemesis

in thrawn trilogy the noghri call her lady vader. and she must make peace with her father because she named her 3rd child anakin

Leia becomes increasingly accepting of anakin skywalker, especially by the end of "Tatooine Ghost". Her naming her second son anakin was part of her acceptance of this. However, she will *never* get over the Vader part of his persona, I think that much is clear...

mtfbwya

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by Kain

Great, so even Leia is a prissy little cockymouthed punk. The New Jedi suck. Its a huge generation of Anakin Skywalkers.

Luke blew it...bad...REAL bad.

that's crazy talk. Leia isn't a jedi for starters... as far as the new jedi being a generation of anakin skywalkers, that is a ridiculous generalisation (oh, yeah, but this is kain here... :p)

The NJO indicated that Jacen Solo is perhaps the strongest of the new jedi, and he is the absolute opposite of cocky, arrogant and reckless... which is a worry in itself ! Still, after reading Traitor and The Unifying Force I became a Jacen fan :D That boy can kicks some a$$, if he wants to...

mtfbwya

Archived