Home

CSports.net rankings better of the official leaderboard?

Fds

Looks like that it doesn´t count everything.

Check the Server stats and it says about 60 Servers/day during the last week.

Well gamespy count 190 Servers at the moment and my ingame browser shows also 150-200+ Servers everytime i log in.

Hm, i wonder if it records unpatched version (Player and Servers) only?

Just checked the ingame browser and there are again 175 servers and most are dedicated ones. there are only 10 or so non dedicated servers.

Edit:

Actualy:

Ingame browser (V1.11):272 online players

Gamespy stats (All Versions) : 374 online players

CSports: 156 Online players

Whatever Csports count it doesn´t count all .

In my personal opinion i have found better Csport that GSpy, because Csport captured more games of mine then GS.

The problem is that both dont count all matches played, but only a part.

So the questions are:

How these ranking board function?

Which result they prefer? K/D ratio or captured posts?

Are bots matches considered like human-only matches?

Are these board reset after a period of time? (Csport count only the lastest 30 days)

Are nondedicated servers considered in the boards?

FROM CSPORTS:

CSports.net is primarily a worldwide ranking system. Our concept is simple, when a number of players play together on a server we automatically track them and then we use the results from that server to change each player’s position in the rankings. When a player scores higher than someone ranked higher than them, they move up towards that higher ranked player, just as in most sporting ladders systems. In addition, in order to stop players from "blocking" up the top of the ladder we apply a downward "rank gravity" to inactive players.

Every 3 minutes we look at each server and calculate the number of points each player scored during that 3 minute period. For each player we work out how many players who rank above them on the ladder they have beaten and we raise their rank by that number.

What results is a system where new players move initially very quickly and then ever more slowly to the rank that is commensurate with their ability. It is a very natural uncomplicated system that works in the way that you would expect it to. The more data points you give the system, i.e. the more highly ranked players you beat over time, the faster you will reach your equilibrium position.

Sounds pretty good to me...Though I do think CP and vehicle kills/damage should matter. Oh well, its just a game, right?

Archived