Home

CIS or Republic, which is better?

MistenTH

Originally posted by Immolator

The republic's biggest advantage is that as soon as the game starts half the CIS players switch sides and become jet troopers. :mad::p

Yep - I can't comment on whether the Republic is fun to play or not because of this...I don't think I've ever got to play them! Every time I'm on a CIS vs Republic server me and my 3 CIS comrades (plus 16 useless bots) are suddenly facing an unstoppable force of 20 Republic jetpackers!

I really wish the PC version had auto-balancing/class number restrictions.

Well this topic started to make me think so after playing two games as the CIS I think when they are in closer areas like halls and all that they tend to be better. In Jabba's Palace which is mainly halls I got my all time high record of multiplayer kills of 72. :D I think who wins depends on the level mostly. Also the number of Jet troopers, which I admit i've always been a Jet Trooper and I have often switched from CIS to Republic. So.. yeah... Theres my speal on the subject.

I've grown a certain affection for the sniper units of all the factions, and I can say that I prefer neither. Since I often play servers that randomly throw you on a team I don't have much of a choice in the matter anyway. I almost always play either a sniper or a pilot, and i'd say the snipers of both factions are pretty evenly matched. I like the larger clip and single zoom feature of the clone sniper, as I feel it takes too long to double zoom. But on the other hand the Droid sniper can of course fire over longer distances, making it useful in wide open maps. In terms of Jet Troopers, I think they are pushovers. In every map i've played I was able to effectively deal with them. I simply barrel roll to avoid their emp blast in large maps (followed up quickly with a shot from my rifle), and in close quarters I duck behind a wall when they fire the EMP, jump out and quickly hit them. Doesn't always work, but it's proven the most effective way for me to defeat the Jet Trooper. Of course, you have to have good aim to do this, so I would practice accuracy a little before trying it.

heh, when I'm CIS I always use the pilot. I love slamming jet troopers out of mid flight with that radiation launcher.

*edit* As for the original topic, I'd have to say the republic is statistically better.. I have way more fun on the CIS side though. It's win-win like the other guy said, if my team wins we rule, if we lose its because all the republic human players are cheesy jettroopers. :p

I'd say the Rebuplic, when im in the tank I get 19 kills usually. ( when it's fully manned).

I got the CIS tank in the spaceport in a game just before xmas. The republic took an army of jet troopers and couldnt work out why they couldnt destroy the tank with emp-launchers... for an entire 15 minute game! 134 kills and proof that jet trooper players aren't the brightest of people. (And the tank wasn't even fully manned)

Almost as funny is the torrent of insults...'get out of that tank and fight fair' screamed the jet troopers hovering over the rest of the CIS army flitting around dropping emp blasts on them. I pointed out the irony but i don't think they understood. So i shot them in them with anti-tank rounds on general principle.

• 4 weeks later...

Id like to say the same regarding the Republic being the stronger side, but I find that I beg to differ somewhat when it comes to my own experiences. Im pro Republic all the way when it comes to kicking ass as the Clone Army, but ofcourse I also enjoy playing as the CIS.

Ive never attempted to play online before so I speak from an SP perspective when I say that I find Geonosis EXTREMELY DIFFICULT as Republic. If I do win, its by a very narrow victory.

In the beginning I head straight for the Techno Union ships in an AT-TE as I find the AI dont attack them for a while, which proves costly to our forces. We usually take a 30 point deficit by the time I commence attack on the foremost TU ship.

In this playing field, I find the Droid Armies of the CIS to have the advantage when it comes to open flat plain warfare. The Droikdekas can really open up and take you to school (even my Jet Trooper stood little chance in the air), and the Super Battle Droids are relentless at long range.

I can usually wipe out the CIS on most other maps quite easily, but Geonosis is just the big clincher for me.

The CIS are not to be underestimated. They are built for in your face assaults and are effective it it. The Droidekas are as deadly as theyre portrayed to be and the Droid snipers have a brilliant zoom, making them the ideal support unit behind the scenes.

I enjoy playing both factions, and play them moreso than the factions from the Galactic Empire era.

They both have their own strengths and weaknesses, so I believe the question lies not in which side is better, but which side you enjoying playing as the most.

Sheeesh. You would think that the clones should be better. In the movie the Kamino cloners said that they were largely superior to droids.The troopers also have more shots in their clip. I noticed on the Geonisis Spire that the droids main assualt is on the left side of the spire when you are facing away from the clone command center. I usually take an AT-TE an drive it to that area to support the clones because thats how the CIS sneaks behind and captures my CPs. :mad:

Seeing how 'actual' events unfold in Star Wars, the Clones are indeed far superior to the Droids interms of mental capacity. The most important part of warfare, however, is to use the units at one's disposal efficiently. No matter how much of an advantage the unit may have over an adversary, it will only be as good as the individuals who give the orders.

The Super Battledroids for example; while merely being thoughtless droids, definately have the brawn to take on the clones, so it can be considered a fairly even match, otherwise the Clone Wars wouldn't have raged for these past three years. Let's not to mention the impeccable tactics of General Grievous.

So you could say that the factions in Battlefront; whilst having their own personal strengths and weaknesses, are well matched, otherwise the conflicts between each group would pitter out before they even begun..

Its up to the player to make the best of what they have. Its what makes a team effort so enjoyable.

Archived