Home

SW: Next RTS: Military

FroZticles

Agreed

How boring would it be if all Rebels had to do was camp among trees with troops, rocket troops and light armored vehicles stealthed to ambush the Empire. Not to mention a Rebel mirror match lol stealth on stealth would be very boring and the games community would start declining at a rapid rate.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and now we see why the folks at IA gave the rebels that T-3b tank not the least because it was in FC I think.

the GLA in Generals manages to get by however the Rebels would have to have a seriously OP Airforce to stand a chance and by OP I'm seriously talking about really OP here which wouldn't be realistic we've got to think of Gameplay, perhaps we could give them a few republic vehicles that wouldn't be used in the Republic side to represent them using old equipment?

Except that I never said the Rebels should sneak around. Going from my template, which is obviously how I think the Rebels should be portrayed, they do have some stealth units like the Sniper.

However, their main strength is the ability of their Infantry units to entrench themselves (taking less damage and dealing more) while their superior air force takes apart the enemy. How is that stealthy?

This is good for gameplay, becuase they would play very differently to all of the other sides, and it reflects how Rebel ground forces fought on Endor and Hoth.

FroZ - I was saying that on Hoth, they used the trenches and air power, while on Endor they used stealth.

Incidently, I was given 'Empires: Dawn of the Modern World' for Christmas, and think it's great. Anyway, for those who havent played it, you can research 'classified technologies', one of which, 'rebellion', works much like the rebels in C&C Generals where a group rise up anywhere on the map. If that sort of thing is going into the new RTS, that would be a great feature of the Rebellion.

Archived