Home

Christmas Action

Huz

Man, are we playing any of these or what?  

1150 members have voted

1. 1. Man, are we playing any of these or what?

• Quake
    • Half-Life (1) Deathmatch
    • Unreal Tournament (er, 1)
    • Worms World Party
    • Other (specify-it-up)

It's that time of year again - December. Around this time our minds should be turning to the poor and needy in the world, but more importantly, to the annual MIGC Christmas Tournament!

The traditional Christmas game, in case you've been living in a very dark cave for the past few years, is Quake. But there are other options too! Who could forget the glory days of Unreal Tournament, with similar-looking Glottis skins causing disaster and chaos? Or the comedy value of repeatedly shooting Gabez in the face from a secret location in Half-Life Deathmatch? Or the sheer frustration of lobbing a banana bomb skilfully across a level, only to have it bounce back and wreak terrible vengence on your entire team in Worms World Party? Or indeed, any of the other games MIGC have ever played, with the possible exception of Virtua Tennis (thanks Ben).

What I'm saying to you is this: hey maan, it doesn't have to be Quake. It can be any of those other things I mentioned too. Maaan.

With this in mind, I've slapped together this handy poll. Vote for what you'd like to play. Don't vote for what you don't want to play. You can vote for multiple options (er, assuming vBulletin allows me to set that up), because we can play several games in one night, or several games across several nights, or one game across several nights, or even one game across one night. Is that all the permutations covered? Whatever. Anyway, vote. Vote vote vote.

Vote.

Everyone loves the christmas tournament!

Er, I'm voting for all of em, I seem to remember last years chrimbo quake being a bit of a damp squib. It has to be done though, shooting people in the face to the inappropriate strains of 'o holy night' is a christmas tradition.

HLDM and a bit of Worms is always good. Gabez loves the Mario Castle lobby!

I'd also like to take this oppertunity to urge all to upgrade and get Half-Life 2 as quickly as possible. Without trying to overstate the game, HL2DM is BEST*.

* When there's like, 8+ people on the server it turns kind of crappy, but it's great otherwise!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived