Home

Got the game? Post your first impressions here!

Darth333

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Nichpo

50??? WOW that's great...I never got more than 25 from KotOR I...and after beating it 5 times i knew the thing so well I did it in 13...

Now I can't wait to play...

*Imagines 50 hours of game-play*

*Goes to do something active out of guilt*

WOW-That's freaking awesome; I finished TSL in 25 hours; and by reading your reviews, I see now that I missed some quests; (though I didn't miss a single character) but beating KOTOR IN 25 HOURS!!!!!!!??????? Thats incredible; after six times passing it, the shortests amount of time it took me to finish it, was 43 hours!!!

Sure about you talked to someone?

(Query:¿Where are those bloody 25 hours I missed????)

I loved the 1st game, my cosin rented it once so I played it for a bit. Then, using his x-box, rented it my self. Beat it with in a week. This didn't stop me, I later re-rented it 2 more times. Beat the game about 5 times. I loved it so much that I wanted to get an X-box just for it. Though I got some money, and Halo 2, and Fable just came out. So I thought...Hey why not, I rented Fable, beat it. So I bought Halo 2. Well soon, Kotor 2 came out, I had to go out and buy that, a day after x-mis. I love the game beat it once already. Still really enjoy the game.

I played many games before, yes I am a loser with no life. But I love how these games are. If you really enjoy them. Should look into Neverwinter Nights. Its D&D ( Dungeons and Dragons ) E3. This game was made after the E3 rules. With skills and feats. (( Yes I use to play D&D the dice game. )) Anyway I enjoyed it.

This game is impressive. Yes there are some flaws and it seems rushed at times. There are some dialogues that the developers forgot to close out after the appropriate actions were completed. Some of the Journal entries left without the ability to complete them.

Rest assured the game is still very worth it if you like KOTOR I. A lot of these things can simply be overlooked for the sheer joy of playing another KOTOR game.

I dont have the option to get the PC version since I don't have a decent computer to play such a game so I only have the XBox version and a lot of the problems people state are not a huge problem.

The game for me... from the very start to the very last lightsaber I struck down took a whopping 62 hours and 24 minutes... because I like to swagger about and walk a lot just to watch the robe flutter so's I could immerse myself into the universe... also I completed a lot of the side tasks.

• 2 weeks later...

I guess it's about time that I put my impressions...or after-thoughts...

KoTOR 2 has it's pros and cons, but really, it's just a big setup to KoTOR 3. :o

The bugs, framerate problems, and graphics really brought it down. You could tell that there were incomplete things that were never finished...:mad:

But other than that, I LOVE the new battle animations and the new Robes. :hearteye:

Based on about 16 hours of gameplay, here are my impressions.

The voiceacting is, in my opinion of course, quite lacking. The only one so far to pull off a five star performance is Kreia. The worst in this section would probably have to be Dao-Dur. Everytime he speaks, I have to turn up the volume, and it just makes me want to slaughter him. Dark side hit anyone? :p

The graphics are of course a bit dated, but with the AA and AF cranked up, it actually isn't too bad. The forcepowers sure look good, and I haven't had any slowdowns in framerate what so ever.

The story so far is engaging and interesting, but we all know that.

Animation is decent. The fighting animations are top notch, but some of the more common animations, like running and especially walking are not quite on the same level. While walking outside on the Peragus station in the spacesuit, I felt like a metal Teletubby.

So far, so good. However, all these good things do not fully make up for the games shortcomings. The game is absolutely riddled with bugs. There's quests you can't complete, dialogues being skipped, and pathfinding going haywire. I'll give you some examples:

I killed a certain person, yet 15 minutes later, that same person came back from the dead to advance the plot.

I got a quest to convince a guy to come out of a room, but I closed the conversation prematurely. When I talked to him again, the conversation options to complete the quest were gone.

I was in a shuttehangar, and there was an enemy in front of me, about 10 meters. I ordered my PC to attack, and he started running in the exact opposite direction. Now that's pisspoor pathfinding for you.

Also it seems that when I talk to T3, much of his dialogue is skipped.

I'm very, VERY disappointed with this game having no proper console functionality. Being able to mess around with the game is one of the reasons I also bought this for PC, so imagine my disappointment when I installed the game only to find there was no console. I sincerely hope they add console functionality in patch, and soon, or this game will collect more dust on my shelves than it has to.

Overall, this game has left me with the impression that it is a diamond in the rough.

I'd give it 7,5/10

Just got this game, and I can say that I'm impressed.

Three hours into the game and I still have not gotten past Peragus.

Obsidian has made some good improvements over the original.

Such as: filters for items, the construction bench (very fun!), the lab thingy (fun), alternate weapon selection, datapads have names and they also open on retrieval, full sized robes, green interface :p , and finally SKILLS MEAN SOMETHING THIS TIME!

Overall 10/10.

The game is very good but it was better if the council was stil alive...i wanted to talk with the council again and do things with Jedi among me again..but that isn't in KOTOR ll :( ...But The dark lord with the black cape and weird white/red mask on the cover is it Sion or is it another dark lord??

Graphics: A little disappointed with the graphics. I have all the settings maxed (with an ATI Radeaon 9800 Pro/256). KotOR looked awesome, but TSL looks like the anti-aliasing is hosed. Cut scenes flip-flop between game quality and "comic book" quality. All in all, I'm a little disappointed but not terribly, because I'm not in it for the graphics.

Gameplay: I like a lot of the things that OE did with the game. Hate the new swoop racing. Love the new pazaak. Influence is cool. NPC are much more important this time around. I like how they worked in a lot of "transportation" opportunities

like the Mandalorian guide in the encampment on Dxun

Story: Great story! Epic...so far.

Bugs: A lot of dialog skipping. Cutscenes rarely play cleanly. A lot of general weirdness in the last part of Telos. Game starts in windowed mode. Distracting, but not infuriatingly so...

Vandar?

Dead, Dave. You coax this out of Vrook.

Juhani, Jolee?

Likely dead, Dave

The game hype calls your character the LAST known Jedi.

Bastila is in hiding if you say Revan was LSM. No trace of her on any other path. LSF Revan option provides a 3-hankey tear-jerker bit with Carth.

And under the "sucks to be the admiral" department:

Cut from game (but in the dlg files) was an encounter with Dustil on Korriban. He had gone quite irretriveably mad and was cowering in the tombs.

Trust me, guys. If you REALLY want to be sadistic, say "Revan was LSF" and ask a modder to replace the above sequence. It'll most certainly rank up there with the "Carth hater" mod.

heh. it only came out recently here in Oz. Finally got it today. Played halfway through the prologue but had to go somwehere :)

I loved KOTOR, so I am really to looking forward to getting stuck into this....

I hope Obsidian hasnt done anything silly with my beloved BioWare's baby :D

mtfbwya

Archived