Home

Got the game? Post your first impressions here!

Darth333

Well, I've lurked at this forum a long time, but I finally decided to join. *Awkward silence* I guess I'll post my impresions now. :D

I thought the game was pretty good. The load times are horrible and there are a huge amount of plot threads left dangling such as Nihilus, HK Factory, and not to mention the ending! I only recently found out that LA rushed the game out and that's why we don't have all the content. But other than that it was a good game. However, I can never do anything with Bao Dur. I'm on my third time through the game and every time I try to talk to him the only dialog option that comes up is "Nevermind." How infuriating!:mad:

Oh, I really like the game's soundtrack though. Very Star Warsy. ;)

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Hugh Jass

Well, I've lurked at this forum a long time, but I finally decided to join.

Welcome to the forums :)

However, I can never do anything with Bao Dur. I'm on my third time through the game and every time I try to talk to him the only dialog option that comes up is "Nevermind." How infuriating!:mad:

Personally, I found the influence system a bit frustrating. You have to gain a lot of influence with Bao Dur if you want him to speak (but even then, he doesn't say much).

Originally posted by Darth333

Welcome to the forums :)

Personally, I found the influence system a bit frustrating. You have to gain a lot of influence with Bao Dur if you want him to speak (but even then, he doesn't say much).

yeah and the fact that he talks in a low wisper of a voice always put me off speaking to him wich was a shame because i personally think his character had a lot of potential

Same here. I liked the voice Bao-Dur had. Very calming, sounded like he had the situation under controll at all times. As far as I see, all Iridonians are very calm and dont have much to say. (Darth Maul, even though darkside, seems calm and concentrated and only talks like 2 times in all of the movie.)

maul had a few more lines but they were cut from ep1. I think they were included with the dvd, not sure heh. I liked bao-durs voice... I mean honestly. It's nice to have a friendly conversation with someone on that ship. besides that calm demeanor makes you think he might be a lil shifty :eek:

I liked this game, yeah it has a lot of bugs, and I'm using a radeon 9200 and I get all sorts of lag and stuff, it's really just a horrible experience for me right now.... but I can't stop playing it... *vwing*vwing* :lsduel::duel::mauls::wan:

Okay first time I played the damn thing it took me 30 hrs of no sleep and a lot of the afgan's finest crop to complete. My intial thoughts where somthing along the line of this

"that was a pretty f'ing sweet game. Yeah sure there was lots of running around but that was to be expected...But some of the action is on the fine line between brutal and hardcore.

And how about the civil war the first time you do that? Cool.

That was as a LS watchman. And the ending was the only thing to dissapoint me.

Having since done it as a DS Force Master. (which I would advise to anyone who loves beating the sith out of there opponents) I love the extent that OS went to with the diffrence in the LS and DS missions, I dont think that anyone has given them credit for that yet. If not may I be the first to say "Guy's, jolly well done."

HOWEVER...the ending was yet again a bit like McGoven's 72 presdential campaign. All Talk and no pants.

Now knowing what I know now about the work conditions impossed upon OS by "Big Unkel George": tradmark Lucas Film. And that the game is not complete, no matter how many mods the P.C. users get, I and the legion of X-Box users who also bought the game have a cat in hells chance seeing all the movies. And that is what a game like this is about for me, closure.

But enough about me and more on my righteous opnion of this game... I enjoyed it and I still am ...on my 4th play as a female jedi weapons master... who says a guy cant have a softer side?

Out of 10? It would be a 10...but the missing stuff, which you can read about else where knocks it down to a... (oh, this is a bit of a harsh number) 7

That is all.

I've beaten the first game about 4 times now. Aside from all the bugs, It's the greatest game I've ever played. It rekindled the star wars fan inside me. I can't wait to play KOTOR 2, but I'm waiting until after my senior thesis is complete.

Edit: Wow, it posted 7 times. That took me about 10 minutes to delete it all

Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad

It's just you. They're the same. They used the same engine with pretty much no alterations except for a few visual effects in TSL.

Then why are the grapichs of kotor 2 on my pc so crappy and those of kotor 1 very good???

It's just you. They're the same. They used the same engine with pretty much no alterations except for a few visual effects in TSL.

Then why are the grapichs of kotor 2 on my pc so crappy and those of kotor 1 very good???

• 2 months later...

i've beat the game now 9 times and the same question keeps popin up darth sion seems to be the most important dark lord but why is the other one shown in the guide and the trailer more, he is only in the game twice and isn't an important character. in kotor3 will it talk about this more or not. Did they just show him alot because he looks cool?

Havent quite finished it yet as my xbox broke but got most of the way through.I think its good maybe not as good as the original but good none the less it does seem to have quite a few gliches but i think this is bcoz they rushed the game out.Lets hope they dont rush kotor 3.:D

Archived