Home

Got the game? Post your first impressions here!

Darth333

There were things I liked and things I didnt. Lets start wit things I like:

It was darker

HK had more hilarious comments

It was longer

You were a wound in the Force, whateva that means

The plot was very interesting

Kreia talking in cryptic

We got to visit Korriban and Dxun, best planets, I love mandalorians

More force powers, feats etc.

Things I hate:

The ending.What the hell?

No proper romances

The cut content, no HK factory, cut out planet etc.

The glitch that ruined the entire experiance, on Nar Shadaa, When those guys take ova your ship, you do that and you get a message from the Exchange bout meeting you, this neva happened, thus making my game unwillable.

The Genoharadan. On Nar Shadaa they were supposed to hunt you, but it got cut. :ball:

And more

Overall, the cons outweighed the pros, ultimately making me get rid of the game.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, first off hello to everyone here.

I finally finished the game with a DS Sith Lord. It was fun, fun.

But like everyone else, I do not understand the ending.

There is a part where the Exile asks Kreia about Raven and then in the conversation she mentions a female, she refers to someone as she did not understand or something like so. Sorry, I don't remember the exact words, and I was wondering who she meant by that.

I am currrently playing now with an LS sentinel/weapon master just so I can see the LS ending. My favorite character of all is Kreia, she is just amazing, but she left me with more questions then anything else.

:)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

i love it. i absolutely love it. it took suprisingly long however, to get a lightsaber, but in the end you will have like 5 spare lightsabers ;D

i love the combat system , the powers, everything. i also love the ablitlity to change the color of your lightsaber, especially into viridian or silver.

Really, I think Obsidian is downright awesome, and any issues in TSL (of which there are a lot) come down to Lucasarts pushing Obsidian for a holiday release. Really, Lucasarts is a downright ****ty company in my opinion, but unfortunately they hold the rights to Star Wars. TSL's story, though incomplete, is better than KOTOR 1's. My problem with KOTOR 1 is that it's a generic, cliche big-evil-guy-building-a-big-superweapon-zomg. TSL's is more subtle, makes more sense, and is generally much cooler. I love how Kreia brings in the idea that there is more than Light and Dark.

The main issues with TSL are

1) Bugs, which can be fixed by various mods

2) Difficulty...e.g. the game is too easy to do. Regardless, Beancounter's difficuty mod fixes this.

3) Incompleteness, which should mostly be fixed by Team Gizka.

Unfortunately that so many issues must be fixed by third parties, but once again, I blame Lucasarts.

Hell, I agree. Mostly. I think KOTOR's story is great, and just the fact that it is a complete game, with almost no bugs, and correct difficulty puts it above TSL. Only very slightly IMO, both are mega awesome games; any and all bad things in them are LucasArts' fault.

• 4 months later...

It's been a while now since I last played, and my impression of the game is twofold:

On one side, I was impressed by Peragus - even though it might have been less well-lit - and the animations, the SW atmosphere and all, on the other hand, there were too many things unfinished, and I was reminded of Baldur's Gate 2 that also had been 'trimmed down', but far less than TSL. Right now, I'm waiting for the restauration project to finish. I'd really like to know what this game should have looked like in the first place.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I knew about Kotor I since it's debut, and had seen clips of it on G4 (back when the channel was actually about gaming). Anyway, I ended up purchasing it early 2004, and the experience I got from it was unlike that of any I got from any other kind of game, I can honestly say that Final Fantasy "can't touch this." I followed KOTOR II from it's development until its release (Dec, 2004 :D) and picked up fresh off the shelf. I liked KOTOR II, and find it just as replayable as the first, however I guess the darker atmosphere keeps me feeling a need for more Mission Vao.

• 1 year later...

Amazing...So far.I almost beat kreia then BAM My xbox freezes,Dosen't work.So I have to spend 100 dollars to but a new one.Same happened with Kotor 1.Now My cousin came over and destryoed both of the disc and scratched them all up.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
And who repaired the Ebon Hawk? :D
If you mean just at the game's beggining, then Peragus's droids did it, as per command of HK-50.

And why I didn´t met Carth??
Many variables of the game are set at a dialog on Peragus. Read if you don't mind knowing:

WHen you first meet with Atton, he'll say that Revan was a darksider female. You can confirm this or correct him during the conversation on both accounts, making Revan, for example, a lightsided male.

Either way, if you set Revan as a lightsider, you'll get to see Carth in-game twice.

Hmm. Years late on mybehalf for K1 and closing on 2 years for TSL...longer if you consider I had played a demo--legit or not is another quesiton.

K1: Thrilled it was an RPG since I'm typically an aciton/hacknslash/platformer player. I just always sort of wanted to check out and play K1 since first seeing it in spite of my criticism at the time--was still a original to prequel hardcore fan for a long time. So finally I got to playing... Loved how well made and put together it was.

So it worked out well. Took awhile but finally I beat the game as my schedule permitted. Loved every second of it. Sorta figured out the big secret before the revelation twist...I figured it out

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
when after searching for awhile and not much was known about Revan...and all the clues leading up to it seemed like the story was hiding something for just the right moment...finally Saul Karath wanting to talk to Darth Malak in private about "another of Bastila's companions" it hit me: Soo I had heard rumors there was a way to BE Darth Revan in the game. It was established that although Malak was the main bad guy, he had a predecessor, Revan. I thought...maybe in the past your main character somehow WAS Revan.

K2: Heard just so much negative about the game. For the longest time I wouldn't touch it with a 10 ft pole. Then I came across a "demo" (details ABOUT which I'll leave out except for that it gave a tour of the prologue). Curiosity got the better of me, played it. Went on with life. Finally a couple years later I saw a copy of TSL for $20...had been starved of Kotor action for a while...Why not? Just don't expect it to be good ...at all...expect it to be a piece of crap...KRIFE! No computer of my own for a while >_< ...........Got one....PLAYED BETTER THAN I EXPECTED!

Hunger for it helped make it better.....Even still, it was pretty darn good considering all things. The storyline jarred me to think. It was dark and philosophical. And it was so different form all other SW stories. The fact that all life was in danger of forever being consumed made it all that much better. It wasn't just the old lady, there was evidence to support that theory. Loved it. Went somewhere I never expected it to, especially for a sequel. It actually moved Revan aside and gave someone else a turn as well. Not something you get with the movies. HAHAHA.

And those new lightsaber colors, especially silver. Excellent.

Archived