Home

Got the game? Post your first impressions here!

Darth333

Originally posted by Hannibal

I just got to the surface of Telos.

I was wondering about the reviews saying the game was darker than the first till I saw the scene with

Sion and Kreia. When he kiss her @ss. I was like, whoah!! Obsidian stepped it up with the violence. I was wondering why the game was rated Teen for blood and violence.

When I saw that, I was laughing so hard I mean he KISS her a**?!? But I see that its just a grammar error.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So out of on a scale of 1 to 10 what would you guys give the game, from ur first impression (10 being best)?

...So depressed reading this...i gotta wait til christmas even though the game is just sittin there in my mom's room ready to be wrapped taunting me!!!

*sob*

I would say 9 except for the fact that both Force Armor and Master Speed DO NOT WORK. WTF why hasn't anyone else noticed this. Neither one of these force powers add the defense bonus they are supposed to. How can you release the game when Force Armor which is specifically designed to raise your defense for a short while DOESN'T WORK.

I think someone answered your dilemma on the other thread you posted about that problem.;)

from what I've seen of TSL, I'd rate it a solid 9. I love the vibes from it, and it looks like Nihilus is going to be a great villain, as well as Sion.

Originally posted by NavahoJoe

no, he didnt. he misinterpreted the problem and found a solution for a question I didnt even ask. Test it out for yourself, try casting force armor or knight speed and see if your defense raises. and then cry.

Have you been to the technical support forums on the official lucas arrts site

If not heres a link: http://forums.lucasarts.com/forum.jspa?forumID=41

Wow, thais game is incredible! I think the story is darker than the prequel. I like the prologue. It's great to have you party in motion in the Ebon Hawk (T3-M4 moving around).

Hey, it's grerat to have Nar Shaddad (I hope I spell it correctly)as one of your places to visit.

;)

Originally posted by Blessèd Sith

The game IS bloody awesome. I just finished it a few minutes ago. Took me about 32 hours, so I was disappointed that it wasn't the 35-40 the reviews kept saying. I'd give it an 8. The first 25 hours were just wicked awesome, and I never wanted them to end.

you only got 32 hours? I suggest you try again! I got 50!

While this isn't a first impression...

[begin Rant]

IMHO it takes way too long to aquire a lightsaber in the game, and for all the effort it just doesn't pay off... ooh... they increased the damage a little... so what... it still is just a 2-20 blade weapon, no initial bonus to hit/deflection/damage... nothing to make it worth the wait for it in the game... it is the single biggest let down to me so far.

You should get to construct one in the old Jedi Academy (Like I expected once I unexpectedly arrived there). Though I do realise what OE was trying to do, they just needed to not hold it off for that long, it is the only part of the game that has made me say... "Well that sucks!!!" and "OE really messed up with this!!!"

[End Rant]

But the game as a whole is not that bad, there is a lot about it I really like, I just have the one above complaint.

This is all just my 2 cents! :D

Originally posted by RedHawke

[begin Rant]

IMHO it takes way too long to aquire a lightsaber in the game, and for all the effort it just doesn't pay off... ooh... they increased the damage a little... so what... it still is just a 2-20 blade weapon, no initial bonus to hit/deflection/damage... nothing to make it worth the wait for it in the game... it is the single biggest let down to me so far.

You should get to construct one in the old Jedi Academy (Like I expected once I unexpectedly arrived there). Though I do realise what OE was trying to do, they just needed to not hold it off for that long, it is the only part of the game that has made me say... "Well that sucks!!!" and "OE really messed up with this!!!"

[End Rant]

But the game as a whole is not that bad, there is a lot about it I really like, I just have the one above complaint.

LOL! I disagree with you here (That must be a first! :D )

I like the fact that they made it hard to acquire a lightsaber and that there are not tons of lightsabers in the game like in KotOR 1. Running around like crazy around the old Jedi Enclave to find nothing was kinda fun...I went there 2 times, double checking the crates to make sure I didn't forgot anything :D I found the way to acquire the last missing part interesting....especially when playing DS

Originally posted by NavahoJoe

I would say 9 except for the fact that both Force Armor and Master Speed DO NOT WORK. WTF why hasn't anyone else noticed this. Neither one of these force powers add the defense bonus they are supposed to. How can you release the game when Force Armor which is specifically designed to raise your defense for a short while DOESN'T WORK.

Is this guy right?:confused:

[begin Rant]

[End Rant]

Look on the bright side! I'm sure modding can fix this in no time. (get it? HAR! :jester1: )

Originally posted by Devilsfanatic

you only got 32 hours? I suggest you try again! I got 50!

50??? WOW that's great...I never got more than 25 from KotOR I...and after beating it 5 times i knew the thing so well I did it in 13...

Now I can't wait to play...

*Imagines 50 hours of game-play*

*Goes to do something active out of guilt*

Originally posted by Darth333

LOL! I disagree with you here (That must be a first! :D )

This is a first :D But remember Darth333;

[Jolee] I'm old and easily annoyed! [/Jolee]

Read my example in the spoiler and you'll see why I'm annoyed.

Example: The very first opponent I had with my new saber was Visas... I was ineffective against her with my hard won and so called wonderful and all-powerful saber... I then equipped my hated vibrosword and lo and behold I actually hit and damaged her and was able to complete the segment, to make matters worse I didn't have any of the extra vibroblade feats either, I selected only the feats (Saber Finesse, Saber Proficiency, etc.) for the saber in preperation for the moment I aquired it too... :mad:

And yes CaptainSkye, I'm making a Modding list... and checking it twice! :darthx

Though maybe not all of my list... some of it is growing on me! :D

This is a first :D But remember Darth333;

[Jolee] I'm old and easily annoyed! [/Jolee]

Read my example in the spoiler and you'll see why I'm annoyed.

Example: The very first opponent I had with my new saber was Visas... I was ineffective against her with my hard won and so called wonderful and all-powerful saber... I then equipped my hated vibrosword and lo and behold I actually hit and damaged her and was able to complete the segment, to make matters worse I didn't have any of the extra vibroblade feats either, I selected only the feats (Saber Finesse, Saber Proficiency, etc.) for the saber in preperation for the moment I aquired it too... :mad:

And yes CaptainSkye, I'm making a Modding list... and checking it twice! :darthx

Though maybe not all of my list... some of it is growing on me! :D

Don't blame the game for your suckitude with the lightsaber RedHawke :p

Visas was so incredibly easy when I got my LS, all of my opponents were, it was truly awesome.

First order of business, that little **** of an Obsidian Dev (C. Avalone) did not inspire me with a damn bit of confidence when I booted up this game, but he certainly was honest in letting me know what to expect of the game's tone and storytelling style, so I'll have to thank him for that.

It's a total rush job. Onced you get past "OMG, it's KOTOR2," you start noticing "little" things like the game crashing every couple hours. (And yes, it's a legit copy), or Revan's gender changing twice in the same paragraph of a conversation.

More breadth in the romance options - everyone is availible in theory, but there's zilch for depth. 4-5 convos and some cutscene bickering, then the whole thing just ends abruptly. (bro-in-law playing LSF) Hell, the Juhani romance in K1 was clearer.

All the attention apparantly went into the combat system. Joy and rapture. :rolleyes: Lightsaber forms, "kewl" new powers, and the descriptions don't appear to be all that accurate. (again, indicitave of a rush job)

Converting most of your party to Jedi? Well, I still dunno what to make of that. Sure, I have the Carth and Mission Jedi mods on my heavily-modified K1 (more because RedHawke is a mod-making genius), but part of the appeal in K1 was that you had mixed nuts aboard the boat, and even one of the Jedi hardly considered himself such...

Top that off with the sheer cynicism in the game's writing. LS options are often discouraged, ridiculed, or scorned by your party members. The game also has a habit of treaking LS actions as something akin to a futile, useless sick joke (at least playing up through Nar Shadda). Bro in law and I got REALLY tired fast with Kraia(sp?)'s "kindness is cruelty" lectures. Made me nostalgic for Bastila's Dark Side ranting, frankly. In 1, I caught myself refraining from DS actions because I didn't want to do those kind of things in front of my party because I wanted to be the kind of person they thought I was. Here, I tend to want to tell most of the crew to shut up and help or take a walk out the airlock.

So, I read ahead in the strategy guide, and find others who've hit the ending, hoping the plot gets any better.

It doesn't.

Originally posted by Mamba

That happens but then your character has the option of saying "I thought reven was female".

Sorry Mamba, you are talking about the early convo about Revan you have with Atton, but that is not what Allronix was referring to.

It happens later on in dialogues all through the game, the dialogues refer to Revan being the wrong gender from the one we selected. Sometimes even as Allronix stated... twice in the same dialogue.

A worthy sequel.

The music. Amazing score. Carries as much emotion, if not more than K1's. I was very impressed.

The story; very good, very bleak, enjoyed it a lot. Except the end kind of sneaks up on you....

Taking an

apprentice was a cool touch, but can anything more be done with them rather than just saying 'your a jedi now heres some force powers'.

Perhaps there was more to it & I just couldn't find it, & being I had to give my friends system & game back to him I can't check until Feb.

New animations; Extremely cool. Especially all the different

lightsaber forms

, it was very neat to see how it was implemented. Very cool. & ranged weapons actually have a use!! I was laughing myself silly when Atton fired at a mining droid & it actually scored a hit.

Personaly, I didn't run into that many bugs (must be 1 of the lucky ones ;)), though I did find myself wanting my keyboard & mouse on many occassions, especially when assigning attacks & targets. Though thats more personal preference.

A worthy addition.

9/10

Archived