Home

Fire Gone Out?

Whoopknacker

I do like this game however Ive noticed that there are alot of empty servers out there. Now that doesnt mean people arent playing it. It just seems like it hasnt caught on as well with multiplayer as I wouldve thought. That is the primary reason I bought the game. Could it be because alot of other games came out? (IE Halo 2, Half Life 2, GTA San Andreas etc) Bad word of mouth, or other factor. Popularity could gain with the release of EPIII.

Do you feel the game is on the up or losing out?

IMHO it's because the game is so unfinished. I have not played it for weeks now and i know this to be true of people i know who also brought it. No SDK has really hampered any decent mods and the game as it stands out of the box gets tired in 1 player mod very quickly. The online games were buggy at the start and i think people have just given up and moved onto the games you mentioned.

Sad but that seems to be the way it is.

Maybe if it had the maps that the majority feel are missing, unlockables for 1 player and more playble factions the missing SDK wouldn't have been such a big deal but as it stands it is.

:mad:

Could be - but I have to confess that I play this game all the time Waaaaaaay more than I ever played Jedi Outcast / Academy, as I think this game is much more fun than those (JK:MotS was still better than all these). In any event, the browser problem was a huge blunder, but I have to say, again, that I really like this game. I wish more people would give it a shot.

I have all but stopped playing as I'm logging in time with other games right now such as Half Life, which by the way has the GREATEST f'n graphics in a game i've ever seen. They really need someone to do a jedi rpg with that engine, seriously. Plus i've been playing Vampire the masquerade which is essentially what the jedi rpg's gameply should be but they need to flesh out the combat a little. However, when BF's SDK or mod tools come out i will be back on this game full time as i've said in another thread, as will hopefully many others.

But the good side is that the mod has got very good chances of seeing daylight. Something we can't say about JO/JA TC's (except Dark Forces, respect).

Game is unfinished, and LEC stopped hyping it up... I doubt we're in for another treat after Jabba's Palace. Nothing worthwile to report as news either (The demo is gone from site! PS2 patch *MAAAAY* come soon!).

SWBF needs more content

Originally posted by Alegis

SWBF needs more content

Agreed! More is good when it comes to games like this. :)

SWBF is a fantastic game. At least from the sp and co-op LAN game side it is, as I cannot go online with my satellite internet. :(

There is ALOT on the market that is competing with this game, as this fall has been a wonderful time to be a gamer with all these great games!

I still fit SWBF into my schedule, and honestly its been a fav pick at the last several LAN parties I've been in. :) The bots in this game are really sweet!

But I agree. Pandemic needs to release more content in a steady fashion to continue to promote this game, in the form of maps, weapons, whatever. It will only promote the life and sales of SWBF.

EPIII movie will definitely boost sales on *everything* Star Wars. I predict the expansion pack for SWBF will arrive about that time. ;)

And yes, lets be realistic, we all know an expansion pack is bound to happen for this game. And I'll be right there in line to get my copy! :p

Originally posted by MasterChiefRulZ

And yes, lets be realistic, we all know an expansion pack is bound to happen for this game. And I'll be right there in line to get my copy! :p

It would be a great idea...if it was free. SWBF already has lesser content and more big bugs than other games ATM. If they added more it should boost sales of swbf. An expansion pack on the other hand might sell a few copies, but people like me who think SWBF needs more won't buy it. Heck, we won't even trust games from Pandemic anymore. Expansion packs also come out a year orso afterwards.

"The mod community will fix it, the expansion packs will fix it"... Well until there is no proper mod support the community can shoot ducks. And we payed already, don't forget that.

I'm not angry or really dissapointed at SWBF, it just needs the proper fixing atm. No cap, better server administration and mod support, tyvm.

Originally posted by Alegis

I'm not angry or really dissapointed at SWBF, it just needs the proper fixing atm. No cap, better server administration and mod support, tyvm.

All I play is offline so I haven't seen that many bugs, personally. Except for the un-equal factions with bots in Jabba's palace, and sometimes in other maps, but HEAVILY in Jabba's palace.

Sorry if I sounded like I said it should be an expansion to fix the bugs, that far from what I meant.

The bugs *should* be addressed asap to help the game, and free content as well just like so many other game developers.

I know EA isn't the best example in the world, but with BF1942 they added multiple maps and weapons, bug fixes etc via free patches. They also had the first expansion ready within 6 months, I think.

I would be ready to lay down a few bucks for a well built quality expansion. As long as it was well worth it. As far as sp goes, this game is pretty cool.

I do hope they get the online issues resolved, and get mod support rolling (a BIG necessity). Bugs and neglect to the community surely can't help sales and consumer opinion. :\

Originally posted by MasterChiefRulZ

Speak for yourself. I don't think there will be an expansion. I cannot really back my opinion up, but in any case it's wrong to say that you know what other people know.

Originally posted by Stingray

Speak for yourself. I don't think there will be an expansion. I cannot really back my opinion up, but in any case it's wrong to say that you know what other people know.

I'm not claiming to actually *know* there will be an expansion..

I'm just stating its almost inevitable. Simply because the Star Wars Battlefront game has this one terribly huge omission in covering all Star Wars battles...

And thats the actual battles that took place in the Stars.

I think this was intentionally left for an expansion. Most SW based games has expansions attached to them anyway, at least the successful ones.

It just seems so blaring likely. Alot could be done with just the *Star* battles, and it would be extremely cool to be able to re-enact those battles as well.

But hey, I'm all for getting them for free as well. It will take some serious coding to be able to get all that in order though. From fighters (easy enough, already ingame) to Capital Cruisers (might be a problem) and how it would all be done.

But suffice to say, whether it be in an expansion, free official download, or the mod community, its only a matter of time. I just want such battles to be done right. :)

Competition with HL-2 is real.

I have been working on two HL2:MP maps for the past week. The SDK and tools are exceptional.

I haven't fired up SW:BF for three weeks and interest in LANs has been nill. As stated already, content is king and SW:BF needs it to get interest with all the solid titles out. I just hope their tools have some documentation or solid examples.

richcz3

If Pandemic doesn't continue to support the game (which would be a shame, as its a gold mine) then the community will surely follow through.

Mod makers have already been doing pretty well considering what they have to work with, and lots of great ideas are floating around. Why, mod makers are evening crafting their *own* tools even as I type this...

If that isn't a sign of community interest, I don't know what is.

All this game needs is a strong mod community, and proper tools, to push the envelope to new heights. Now is not the time to throw in the towel, now is when the potential of this game will just be picking up momentum.

Once the modders really get swinging, this game will really shine. Just like BF1942 did once it finally got started.

And EA never gave any tools till almost a year after BF1942's release, while Pandemic is already delivering.

I can't wait to try out some new maps, new armies, new options, ahhh the possibilities.

SWBF modded may be the best StarWars game yet. :p

Archived