Home

Fire Gone Out?

Whoopknacker

Well guys, it has been confirmed, that's right CONFIRMED that tools will be released sometime soon. I believe Pandemic is aiming to release the tools within the next few weeks, sometime before the holidays from what i read in another thread. Check out this thread:

http://forums.lucasarts.com/thread.jspa?threadID=18088&tstart=0

Hopefully after the tools are released the community will pick up substantially. I have been occupying myself with half life and vampire but i can't wait to get cracking at these maps i have in my head. Plus the fact that i aim to make them larger areas will make for some interesting gameplay as well as a lot more room for some good dogfighting, that is, if we have total control in terms of editing height and width of maps.

Other than that, i'm pretty confident that we will see some ground breaking maps the likes of which haven't been realized with the retail game.

I quit playing it online because of the bad lag. I can play Halo 2 with no lag at all but Battlefront is next to unplayable. Hopefully the patch coming out in January will fix the problem.

In the meantime, I will go back to playing KOTOR 2. Which is an awesome game, BTW. ;)

i really wanted this game to succeed cos i love star wars and i think the core of the game is solid as a rock with massive potential. The problem is they released the game in a state where it was near impossible to play online, this made most people give up on the game, even if they fix all the issues with patches its doubtful many people will come back. The damage is done.

Even worse the game seems to be near dead with hardly any servers most of which are empty. This will no doubt put modders off making anything worthwhile espcially seeing as hl2 is out and no doubt extremely popular. Whats the point to spend months slaving over a mod/map for a game that hardly anyone plays.

The game sold alot of copies when it first came out but most people seem to have abandoned it due to the various server bugs and lag problems. The only way i can imagine of anything being salvaged from this mess is an awesom expansion pack to get all the early adopters back into the game.

im sorry to be negative but i had such high hopes for this game. i hope they can release an expansion to re-ignite poeples enthusiam otherwise i guess i will have wait and see what republic commando is gonna be like

To tell you the truth I would really dislike an expansion at the moment. First, not a lot of players are still online so basically, you'll hit a low market and second, if the expansion effectively "completes" the original game, it'll just be them admitting they rushed a game and now are trying to milk money on our back.

Originally posted by blushing

i really wanted this game to succeed cos i love star wars and i think the core of the game is solid as a rock with massive potential. The problem is they released the game in a state where it was near impossible to play online, this made most people give up on the game, even if they fix all the issues with patches its doubtful many people will come back. The damage is done.

Even worse the game seems to be near dead with hardly any servers most of which are empty. This will no doubt put modders off making anything worthwhile espcially seeing as hl2 is out and no doubt extremely popular. Whats the point to spend months slaving over a mod/map for a game that hardly anyone plays.

The game sold alot of copies when it first came out but most people seem to have abandoned it due to the various server bugs and lag problems. The only way i can imagine of anything being salvaged from this mess is an awesom expansion pack to get all the early adopters back into the game.

im sorry to be negative but i had such high hopes for this game. i hope they can release an expansion to re-ignite poeples enthusiam otherwise i guess i will have wait and see what republic commando is gonna be like

I agree with you on many of the things. The game could have been in a lot better shape if they had an extra month or two to just work out all the bugs and inconveniences.

There is still hope though for online mp. :)

Pandemic continues to support all platforms, even to the extent of the coming mod/map tools.

Any game publisher wants their game to succeed, so another patch is only a wait away (that is if mp is still messy after the 1.11 patch, I have no clue since I can't play online anyway). How long the wait stands to reason, hopefully not too long.

The mods will really bring some life into this thing. I can't wait for the new maps too. I want to make some maps of my own for my Lan parties. :D

And yes, I feel EP III will promote all Star Wars games. As will the "Clone Wars" video and new tv mini-series, and other SW titles like "Republic Commando" and "EPIII the game".

Not to mention new content in the form of mods. I wanna see the Republic commando class in SWBF. :p I have the PC SWBF btw. ;)

I think the fire is still burning dimly for SWBF (54 PC players online as I post this note). Unknown number of console players. :firehead

I think an expansion that includes a bounty hunter class with some sorts of trap-like gadgets and a jet pack might add a little more interest.

In any case, I agree that as others have said earlier, SWBF is the best LEC multiplayer Star Wars game since MotS.

Archived