Home

Demo... for the Xbox

Devilsfanatic

This game looks like it will be the best Star Wars game ever. All you need to do to give your men orders is click 1 button and they'll stuff and attack a certan enemy and take snipeing postions and heal team mates and alot of sutff and they'll cover each other and we'll heal you if your down and if anyone wants to know anything about it just ask me.

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by ZBomber

I heard it plays a lot like Rainbow 6... so if you like that game, oyu'll probably like this one.

Arggh, it better not! R6 sucked for combat.

Sure, sure, it was kind of a "scary" game because you basically had to shoot straight ahead the split second you went around a corner to face a terrorist, but the combat was very crappy, even if the entire concept of the game was cool.

Crouch in slow motion, no jumping (only slow "climbing" over the smallest of obstacles), no lying prone (like in Delta Force), no movement while crouched, no taking weapons off dead guys (even if they had the exact some gun and they hadn't fired a shot yet), not to mention other stupid stuff that ruined the "realism" they tried so hard to create, like AI that didn't react to their buddies being shot to pieces inches away from them or not reacting to dead bodies nearby, some clipping, and lots of MP issues (bad lag with the peer to peer style model, meaning lots of "spawn killing" since you died in one shot and then had to sit out the rest of the map... I remember shooting guys in the head multiple times only to have the lag catch up and me ending up dead instead of them while they ran around for 15 minutes or dorks killing their entire squads then quitting the game).

Sure, R6 and Rogue Spear had that cool "plan out your tactics" thing before the mission. The pre-planning thing was cool and a game in itself. Done correctly you didn't even have to fire a shot yourself!

Delta Force had worse graphics, and no pre-planning, but it was more fun (for me) since you could lie prone and move while prone (or courched too IIRC), and you didn't have to do the stupid climbing to get over obstacles. You didn't feel connected to your team the way you did in R6 and RS, but at least they gave you better control over your individual soldier.

What I was hoping for in this game is FPS style control over your soldier. Not the crappy control of a "tactical shooter" like R6 or the "dumbed down" consolely feel you get in SWBF, but more akin to the JK series or UT or something. Sure, I don't expect force powers or melee weapons, but I hope they don't make us all walk slowly and have to slowly reload our weapons plus tossing in other arbitrary limitations like I cited above.

Seriously though, can somebody do an in-depth review for us? Maybe it's too much to ask, but few people seem to have this demo (since the price to use the demo is the purchase of a $50 game on a platform not all of us have), and a nice one or two page overview with some details to answer questions about gameplay would be very nice.

just a question for people who have played it and think it is like ghost recon or rainbow six, is it like them solely because of how you command a squad or is does it also employ a similar damage system? does it take only 1 - 2 hits before you die?

just wondering because although i did like the first two rainbow sixes, i bought them for 10 bucks each and don't like to spend 50 dollars on realstic shooter games, just not my favorite type.

Originally posted by InsaneSith

I felt it was more of a pc game thrown into the console. *shrugs*

I second that.

And i never really played Ghost Recon, so i dunno about the damage thing. You can die with a out 8 hits from a battle droid, but you can be revived, and there are health healing machines on the walls.

So where's the challenge? Sounds like you have infinite lives, unless your entire squad is killed... but then I hear you only get four guys total (including yourself).

From the verbage of the new official site it sounds like the game is going to be full of Episode III spoilers. ; p

I still hope I can at least play multiplayer.... though it sounds like that's going to be still Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch and CTF... pretty vanilla.

But, they list "vehicles" so maybe those will be in MP too? We can only hope...

I just want this game to be different than just UT2k4 with Star Wars grahpics, if that's possible...

Archived