Home

Steve Purcell Rocks

badrelgnsf

Yes its me again, just wanting to say that purcell did not reply to my emails. However I just got a package from him with a sam and max shirt and about 20 comics. I never asked for these things but I wanted all of you to know that there are many other purcell comics that even I didnt know about. If you want I can shoot you a list of what I know about and mabye we can put together a full purcell comicography. Also, for kicks, how much would it be to buy samandmax.net? I want to keep something like this alive.

And to Steve P. .... a toast. Cheers.

Well I was thinking more in donation rather than take over, As for the scanner I do have one I can scan the original stuff I have as well as the comics that are not listed or dont have pics yet. I messaged the owner of the site but he never replied. Just let me know. Now all I am missing is that damn adventurer 5 GRRR it will be the death of me.

Okay, so can you write down all 20 comics he has sent you yet? I want to do a check list on what's worth it and what's not.

See, I'm really picky on what I collect. It has to have some real pulp on the inside for me to spend on it.

For instance, there are many different Bone appearances, but you really only need about two to get some real story.

Same with other scattered comic artists like Sam Kieth. He actually has a back page in one of his comics where he tells you what you should actually bother to buy from his past Marvel corporate work to real self-written and produced stuff.

Well some of this stuff you already know of I am sure but I guess here it goes

Nocturnals

Hellboy Christmas special

Amazing High Adventure

Oni double feature

Hero illustrated

wizard nov 97

Gumbys winter fun special

Defenders of dynatron city 1-6

Critters #50

3 totally fox kids mags

fast forward #3

I also just picked up

Marvel comics presents 41,42

whos who dc comics july 1985

wolverine #55

So it wasnt 20 but eh sue me it was a guess.

Thanks,

But what's High Adventure? (EDIT: looked it up, looks really boring.. like Paul Revere fighting tigers or something.)

But, guess I'm not really missing anything as I'm already aware of all of those since you just told me about Nocturnals. Guess I'm not missing much except the Hellboy Xmas special still. Unless of course you found another scattered Toybox comic strip somewhere.

Maybe one day I'll decide to buy the Gumby and Pokey Special, except I hate them and the story had better be pretty outrageous for me to care.

Well offer stands. The comic was easy to get and not to expensive. Let me know. I also found a set of comics with toybox in them but I dont think it is the right toybox.

The series is called "Top Ten" and toybox is in every one of them. Doesnt look like purcell though. Let me know what you can dig out.

Some sad news gerbil. Purcell emailed me and said that there are no other Toybox comics. He has done cards for the holidays he said though. Damn I want to get my hands on one of those. Im still looking for all things purcell as I want to start a site deticated to his work. He needs one.

Holidays one ? am i missing something that i need? AAHH .. let me know please. Any pics and scans would be great to. Also i wanted to know if you knew steve purcell did toe jam and earl for sega. he helped on the bad guys .. or so i read.. i need all this little wierd info im trying to start a purcell site.

Archived