Home

ScummVM website contest

ThunderPeel2001

It's certainly no worse than any of the entries in the poll.

The real goal of a new ScummVM site should be simplification, making it much easier for people to understand. Talk of CVS and binaries scares the crap out of most people.

It probably wont happen though :~

Yup, I thought of that. I really hate their navigation system, but if they want a link on the main page for CVS trees etc, I didn't know what to do! :(

I put the links to the latest versions to make it easier to find the daily executables. And renamed the vague 'compatibilty' to 'Game Compitility'.

It's still a bit of a mess though :(

Originally posted by bgbennyboy

Talk of CVS and binaries scares the crap out of most people.

Yeah thats true. Haven thought about that before, that it would stop the site from reacing more users/downloaders. I just thought it was a little tricky in the beginning when choosing download choise. There are alot of tech-talk on the site that doesnt really make sense to many ordinary-non-tech-gamers. So yes a "download the program here that will make your old lec games work" would be easy and... quick =]

The vote on the website is open again, so go vote for your fave out of the ones that -did- make it in on time. Oh, and spread the word, since people seemed to be pretty late in doing so for the actual contest *grin*

Otherwise, Nice site! As for all the other comment - the downloads section will be revamped (eg, simplified) a lot.

All this will happen when the polls close and the new website is chosen/made/put online.. If Draven is picked it'll take a bit longer, since everyone else selected submitted HTML templates instead of just a Photoshop file... So it'll take the longest since all the templatey stuff still needs doing.

Oh, and a PS..

One of the secret purposes behind the contest was really to get people to redesign the navigation to remove the Misc menu. It shouldn't have to be there.

Note that none of the designs that 'made it' (or 'would have made it' in this case!) did that. None of the entries that did have new menu structures did it successfully. It's a shame :p

Most people think, "Life sucks, and then you die". I disagree. I think life sucks, then you get cancer. Then you go into chemotherapy. You lose all your hair, you feel bad about yourself. Then all of a sudden the cancer goes into remission. You look good, you feel good, you're going great, and all of a sudden you have a stroke. You can't move your right side. And one day you step off the curb at 68th by Lincoln Center and bang, you get hit by a bus. And then, maybe, you die.

Archived