Home

Mediablitz's bitter newbie server list

FlashRam

Originally posted by Lanfear

LOL.

Poor, pooooooor you. Big bad rulemaking newbs made you cry?

Loooooool...

I wonder if there is a support-group for admin-abused ppl like you, you seem to need a few hours on the couch to deal with your admin-envy/anxiety issues.

LMAO! You do realize that you have no room to tell anyone to grow up now right?

As for crying, I hear you cried alot in SWG because your dancer/entertainer got banned for this reason or that. How much fun is that, tooting a horn pretending you're a twi'lek whore in jabba's palace? roflmfao

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm pretty sure this is the only game that people get bashed for being a better player than most, and the whole "OMFG H4X0R!!!!111" thing doesn't even come into play here.

How can you say that either of our lives are based on a video game when we play far less than you (i haven't touched JKA in 6 months, JK2 in about 2-3) and yet can still crush you? I'm willing to bet media puts only a tiny fraction of his time into dominating these servers compared to how long you sit there in your little clan server or whatever trying to emulate some kinda jedi chivalry code for absolutely no reason at all. I mean after all, it is only a video game, right? So what's the need of these made up laws?

Who has less of a life now? The guy who puts in a few hours or less of his week to just have a little fun killing people in an online game? Or the guy who stays idle in his server trying to enforce his own bushido code?

omg u noobs. there is no skill in guns all u do is point pull trigger. and NONE of the good players use guns notice: JASA server is the most popular ffa server in JA. and wat kind of noob calls jetpak and grapple cheats? u said 'a cheat is nething the game makers didnt intend in the game' so y did they make a mod tab? Isnt that saying custom skins is cheats? dam noob. U wouldnt duel ne1 because the only way u fight is at long range where its harder to strike bak if u want to play w/ guns go to bf cause only noobs dont use sabers

Originally posted by JASAEric

omg u noobs. there is no skill in guns all u do is point pull trigger. and NONE of the good players use guns notice: JASA server is the most popular ffa server in JA. and wat kind of noob calls jetpak and grapple cheats? u said 'a cheat is nething the game makers didnt intend in the game' so y did they make a mod tab? Isnt that saying custom skins is cheats? dam noob. U wouldnt duel ne1 because the only way u fight is at long range where its harder to strike bak if u want to play w/ guns go to bf cause only noobs dont use sabers

You're a total newbtard. THERE IS WAY MORE SKILL INVOLVED IN GUNS THEN THERE IS IN SABERS YOU DUMB SH!T. Take the imaginary saber out of your arse that you're getting off to right now and think about it for longer than 2 seconds. To be an effective gunner there is more timing involved, there is more hand eye coordination involved with aiming, there is ammo conservation and map knowledge to get to the ammo/gun needed. Please, you're an rpg saber newbie. No NF Saber server can ever claim that it takes more skill for that than to play with guns. That's utterly retarded. You're obviously the newb here, because you lack even a basic knowledge of FPS-ThirdPerson shooter games vs. melee games.

I haven't played JK2 in over a year, I haven't played JKA since the week it was released and yet I would...

1) own your newbified arse in any game mode of base JK2

2) own your newbified arse in any game mode of base JKA

3) pretty much own your newbified in ANY FPS game PERIOD!

So sit back down, stfu, and leave the "newb calling" to the pro's, cause you son, have no cred to be using it whatsoever!

Ok guys, first off it takes loads of skill to use a saber just like it does guns. When you play with sabers like some skilled clans like JASA WoV or -S- you will see it takes a lot more than just doing a simple side swing. I know people in this game that have timings set down to the point that if they see you do a certain swing they can jump in and slap you before you even have time to react.

Now with guns, guns take skill also. I play ctf on base servers so I know guns. I bryar duel alot and I know that takes skill.

After playing both styles, and getting good at both for as long as I have played, I have learned that they both take skill.

Now where do some of you get off going 'oh im all bad Your a nub and cant do anythin'. You cant really say anything(Fallen'VS) if you havent even PLAYED any of us.

I hate the old school talk. Everyones like oh if it was like it use to be these people would get owned so easy. So what this is saying to me is that you cant adapt to the times. You cant figure out something new, you have to whine about it and complain. Shows me you have only a set bit of skill.

If a server has rules set, just follow them its not that hard. There are rules such as not pissing off the members and owners of a server.

Now lets all just settle down, get back to the game, and play!:)

Originally posted by hgwall44

Ok guys, first off it takes loads of skill to use a saber just like it does guns. When you play with sabers like some skilled clans like JASA WoV or -S- you will see it takes a lot more than just doing a simple side swing. I know people in this game that have timings set down to the point that if they see you do a certain swing they can jump in and slap you before you even have time to react.

Now with guns, guns take skill also. I play ctf on base servers so I know guns. I bryar duel alot and I know that takes skill.

After playing both styles, and getting good at both for as long as I have played, I have learned that they both take skill.

Now where do some of you get off going 'oh im all bad Your a nub and cant do anythin'. You cant really say anything(Fallen'VS) if you havent even PLAYED any of us.

I hate the old school talk. Everyones like oh if it was like it use to be these people would get owned so easy. So what this is saying to me is that you cant adapt to the times. You cant figure out something new, you have to whine about it and complain. Shows me you have only a set bit of skill.

If a server has rules set, just follow them its not that hard. There are rules such as not pissing off the members and owners of a server.

Now lets all just settle down, get back to the game, and play!:)

Compared to the other guys in your clan that have posted here, you seem a lot more open-minded. Much respect to you for that.

But... Honestly, the way this game is played now requires no adjustment to the changing times. NF/SO combat just takes FF/SO combat and dumbs it down completely. There were so many other elements to make the game so much more complex than simply timing a saber swing.

Originally posted by JASAEric

The one thing you fail to realize is that the people your arguing with, are the ones that pioneered many of the full force/saber/weapon combos that became so hated by the masses that could not adapt to or counter them in JO...

Also, for pete's sake man learn to spell and use some form of grammer.

:rolleyes:

Let me put this as simply as possible jasaeric. A complete newbie can get lucky and defeat a highly experienced "saber dueler". So much of sabers is extreme luck. Like pretty much everyone in this game, when I first started playing I played tons of saber dueling (in jk2). I quicky found it too simple and boring....and it's worse in JKA. In JKA the saber hit detection is laughable (sabers passing through bodies with no damage), the random damage is a joke, and in the end it mostly comes down to who is more patient. This makes it impossible to take saber dueling seriously as a competitive gametype. I'm not just bashing your gametype when I say it takes 10x as much skill to get good at full weapon. I'm telling the truth. If your clans took me on 5v1 in 10 matches, I would win all 10 without you getting one frag on me. Think about that. That proves that there is a huge skill difference between a newbie and an experienced player.

We've done it all folks. Saber dueled, full force dueled, full weapon. I've seen it all in saber dueling. I know what i'm talking about. I'm not trying to be an ******* when I state the simple fact that none of you have the slightest clue about full weapon players. Here is a video to teach you a lesson or two about the community you are dealing with.

http://own-age.com/vids/video.aspx?id=386

This is a famous jk2 video by DSbr, a legendary jk2 full weapon clan. Watch and learn.

"Trick jumps and frag highlights from team DSbr, the original pioneers of jk2. Darksaber has been defining how the game is played since day one. We now present our revolutionary efforts to the masses with this latest video. See why DSbr has been cocky, rude, arrogant and down right mean when you feast your unworthy eyes on this sick entertainment."

Let me relate a little story for you guys. When I first started playing jk series, about 3 years ago, I played on nf s/o servers..like most newbies. I was clueless to every other aspect of the game. I was an nf saber dueler for about 2 months...and was considered one of the best. I found that I was starting to get bored. There is a peak level of skill in saber dueling, and once you reach it, there is no where to go. At that point, if you duel someone on the same level as you, it really just comes down to luck and patience. That wasn't very interesting to me, so I started joining random servers to see if there was anything else cool in the game. That's when I stumbled across FK and CTF. I was shocked. these guys were flying across the map at unreal speeds, making high percision and high dififculty moves as if it were simple, and beating people 3 vs 13 in matches. As someone who has done it all, I can tell you that compared to the real competitive gametypes, nf saber dueling is a joke. After I saw FK, I had no desire to nf saber duel again and began the long and difficult road to mastering the more complex and skilled gametypes. Even just one ctf skill, like strafe jumping, takes more ability and practice to master than everything in saber dueling combined. I reached the peak of saber dueling in 2 months. After 3 years of playing s/o ctf and full weapon...I still havn't found a peak. I could still improve a ton if I were to practice hard like the old days. Don't just dismiss what I say, because i'm telling you the flat out truth. You have two choices. Continue on your rpg saber ways, or open your eyes and join the competitive community. Some people aren't cut out for it (it's difficult and takes tons of patience. You will get totally owned for a long time). And those people stick with sabers because it's so much easier and infinately more simple to get good at.

Um...i'm a member of JASA, it's a good clan. Organized, fun, fair, and has a good host(Chosen) running it. I believe were pretty fair...no admin's perfect, and i rlly doubt one of our admin kicked u for killing him....though it's possible. And about u being good...maybe u are....cool. That's not a useful quality compared to personality, but it can be fun. Once you've gotten real good though, there's nothing left but to gloat about it. I believe the fun in the game IS training, and losing so u can see your flaws and improve upon them. That's what's makes it fun. And about u being absent from the game for a long time, and still being able to beat us? Well....after awhile of doing anything, it becomes something u know by heart....english for example. Though after a year, it's possible u might be a bit off...but in short time, it'll all come back to u like everything else. And about Lanfear replying to everything u say so he can save himself or w/e u said...ur doing exactly the same thing...not that i won't, which I probably will. Both guns AND sabers require skill, though IMO, saber requires the most, with force powers at the bottom. I think alot of servers have disabled force because they are tired of ppl misusing gripkick so often. I rlly have to say, it gets annoying when someone repeats something over and over again. And you call a whole clan n00bs.....from what it sounds like, there were only a few members that supposedly mistreated u. Most of us are good ppl who like to have fun and play this game. Well, this is all just my opinion on this thread. I probably didn't organize this post well, i'm tired and too lazy to remember EVERYTHING u guys said to eachother. And yes.....I read the whole thing......how nerdy of me. And BTW, RPGing is quite fun actually. I don't know if you've ever tried it, but it allows you to share your imagination with other ppl, and to meld it with other ppl imagination to make something beautiful and enjoyable...except when there are admin abusers, lamers, or ppl who rlly suck at RPGing :p

The simple fact is this.

Those that are still playing JK2 and taking it as seriously as this jasa clan is... obviously couldn't cut it when jk2 was at its prime. So what does this mean?

It means that all that is left is bitter people who believe that--since they can beat most of the current community--they shouldn't be beaten by anyone. But they've spent their whole time playing average/sub-average players, so when someone like media tools these fools, they hissy fit it up...lets face it, it eats them up inside to the point that they cant take it, so they kick him.

THATS the jk2 community as of now...

Originally posted by Warrin

Um...i'm a member of JASA, it's a good clan. Organized, fun, fair, and has a good host(Chosen) running it. I believe were pretty fair...no admin's perfect, and i rlly doubt one of our admin kicked u for killing him....though it's possible. And about u being good...maybe u are....cool. That's not a useful quality compared to personality, but it can be fun. Once you've gotten real good though, there's nothing left but to gloat about it. I believe the fun in the game IS training, and losing so u can see your flaws and improve upon them. That's what's makes it fun. And about u being absent from the game for a long time, and still being able to beat us? Well....after awhile of doing anything, it becomes something u know by heart....english for example. Though after a year, it's possible u might be a bit off...but in short time, it'll all come back to u like everything else. And about Lanfear replying to everything u say so he can save himself or w/e u said...ur doing exactly the same thing...not that i won't, which I probably will. Both guns AND sabers require skill, though IMO, saber requires the most, with force powers at the bottom. I think alot of servers have disabled force because they are tired of ppl misusing gripkick so often. I rlly have to say, it gets annoying when someone repeats something over and over again. And you call a whole clan n00bs.....from what it sounds like, there were only a few members that supposedly mistreated u. Most of us are good ppl who like to have fun and play this game. Well, this is all just my opinion on this thread. I probably didn't organize this post well, i'm tired and too lazy to remember EVERYTHING u guys said to eachother. And yes.....I read the whole thing......how nerdy of me. And BTW, RPGing is quite fun actually. I don't know if you've ever tried it, but it allows you to share your imagination with other ppl, and to meld it with other ppl imagination to make something beautiful and enjoyable...except when there are admin abusers, lamers, or ppl who rlly suck at RPGing :p

It's a shame there are not more open-minded guys like you in the jk2/ja community.

If there were, a lot of us "competitive" players would not have moved on to various other games.

Most of us (including myself) loved the jk series but absolutely hated the bitter, whiny community that populated it.

For us, the "fun" was in trying to be the best at what we did, hands down.

We competed against like minded people non-stop across various gaming leagues and ladders, both here in the States and even some European leagues.

And as I'm sure you could guess, when a person spends about 99.9% of their time playing the best players on the globe, they get good.

Really good.

I'm not saying that to brag or put anyone down, but in jk2 (and even my brief time in ja) I found the average "public server clan/player" to be nothing even close to what I would call a challenge.

The reason I'm saying this is I want to try and show you why a lot of "us" tend to "mess with the public server crowd".

It's been this way since day one in jk2:

We just log onto a server for a game, we never say a word... but as usual we get screwed with just for being better than the average public server player.

I'm not talking about the usual "hack" cries you hear in gaming in general; I'm talking about vile, bitter newbie rage that almost always degrades into personal/sexual/racial attacks.

I can't even begin to recall the number of times I found myself (hell I've posted countless demos here on these forums) being put to sleep, slapped, frozen, turned into a wombat, racially insulted, and just generally treated like crap... all for the crime of bursting a public server player's ego bubble and showing him there are far better players out there than he knew about.

Now don't get me wrong, a lot of competitive players are assholes, I'll be the first to admit it.

But guys like media (and myself when I played this game) just want to log on, get in some good games and have fun.

But it's almost like we have to deliberately screw up and play half-assed just to make it through a session without being insulted or screwed with via some admin mod command.

After a while, it just gets old so we start "messing with you people" as well.

Hence you start seeing "ownage" demos of clans being posted, players being publicly made fun of, etc.

It's really no different than the way we are treated by most clans/players on public servers.

I'm not saying it makes it right, but long story short, it's just a case of "screw with me, I screw with you".

I'd like to start off by apologizing to all parties that I insulted in a different thread which the admin Kurgan has closed. (I have since PM'ed Kurgan an apology about the whole thing).

Mediablitz...I checked out that video you linked to..gotta admit pretty freakin amazing stuff, I can't even imagine the level of dedication it takes to get THAT GOOD at this game.

FK Unnamed THANK YOU..for your explanation of the "competitive gamers" side of this story without all the insults. I now realize why some of you are a bit bitter towards the JKA community as it stands today. Being punished just because you have decided to dedicate yourselves to being the best at what you do is a crime and a sin.

Mediablitz, I don't know the details around you being banned from our server..but please understand it is just VERY hard to beleive a member of USA would ban you just for being a better player than us..it's just not in our nature, we are a community, the game comes secondary to that. But of course I don't know the details so I don't know for sure that you haven't been wronged. But when you come to an open forum and openly insult us well the "screw with me and i'll screw with you" mentality seems to prevail (perhaps we aren't so different after all)

We at USA play nf/so because in our opinons it is the funnest way to play the game. In the end the only thing that counts is what you have the most fun playin wether it be Full everything or a more limited aspect of the game. I feel sorry that you guys don't have more servers to accomadate your style of gameplay..that sux.

Marauder

Well here I will solve the universal solution to making a game more challenging in every spec of the game.

Use a touchpad.

Its crazy, I know, and this sorta has absolutly nothing to do with this topic, but it will change the difficulty of any game.

I use touchpad! YEA!

-----------------------------

Well I do see yalls point of view. But that is still no reason to have points where you go in intending to piss someone off. I mean you know there are people who like to go in and try to be kicked to make this game ruff for everyone. We all should atleast try to be more open,joking around, and flat out having fun on the servers. I mean we all want to keep this game alive and going for other people who come in. Agreed?

Well, I told myself I wasn't even going to come back here and see where all this nonsense has gone... but here I am.

I enjoyed playing with you Media on the server when it was FullForce/Weapons... and I appreciated you giving me pointers and trying to help me. The problem was when you started with your Weapon/Force bigotry in my clan forums.

I asked you to respect the fact that we play many gametypes and sometimes WE WANT TO RPG and have a circle-jerk on Bespin Pad. If you don't agree, don't join the server or for GOD'S sake start your own server and show us all how it's done.

I have the server logs from the week our server was on FF Deathmatch and I found 1... ONE single incident of someone in my clan crying about laming, then they disconnected... that person is no longer in the clan... along with his cohorts.

When our servers are on Instagib or Deathmatch, there are no rules (although we'd like people not be assholes). When it's set to cluster-f**k on bespin pad, it's because we just wanna hang out and bulls**t... because we're actually FRIENDS outside the game as well.

If you can respect the fact that that my clan has broader interests than one gametype and keep THIS SPECIFIC debate off my website and servers... you are welcome anytime.

This is why we had a problem.. but I told you this then so I don't know why I'm doing it again.

So everyone have at me... be sure I'll read your replies but I don't have anything else to say about this.

Here is my problem with USA from my point of view. You guys had set up your 2nd server in such an elite fashion. Xmod...total base settings with kick enabled...I loved it. I decided I would try to help you guys out. I tried to show your members some things, and posted a few tutorials on your site. Then one day I come on my new favorite server and find that it's set to s/o nf on ffa_bespin and everyone was standing around the pad....this was too bitter of an irony for me. You would have to be a JK2 player to understand....I saw that damn map and that exact same **** so many times...and yeah...I did get a little heated over it. I admit I didn't really have the right to say anything (it's your server) but it was just like a slap in the face...a reminder of everything I hated about jk2. So from my point of view, it went from being my favorite server in jka to the exact settings and map that disgusted me in jk2. It was too much for me to handle. I was a little pissed that you banned me (I thought it was ungrateful) thus I put you guys on my list. Honestly, I thought you guys were pretty cool. Basically everyone in your clan I met was open to learning about the game, and seemed eager to learn the other aspects of JK series.

This is still my favorite game. If somehow the doom 3 community and jka communities were reversed, JKA would be the single best FPS hands down. That's what frusturates me. I'll take you guys off my list I guess.

Hmmm, you make a very good argument Media, one which I tend to agree and disagree with in equally strong measures.

I'm sure that when you get to a certain level of gaming everything else just pales in comparison - and then, when you see or experience something which doesn't sit well with you,you can go a bit overboard.

Man, if you're competitive and thats the way you like to play then I won't p1ss on your parade. I know full well that there are guys out there (maybe like you) who can own everyone in our clan and most other JKA clans with one eye closed and a hand tied behind their backs.

But I don't have the time, or the inclanation to go to those lenghts. I simply cannot justify the time spent to achieve that level of gameplay to myself - and more importantly - my girlfriend.

I think that rings true for alot of ppl who play on our servers. We are a competitive clan - to a certain degree - and there are ppl in the clan who will read this and go find a FW/FF server and train till their little fingers bleed. But for the majority this is just an opportunity to recapture that feeling you had when you saw Star Wars the first time and though, "Man, if only I could have one of those saber things."

We (JASA) are above all other things, a community. I'm sure you felt some pride in your clan when you were in it. You defend it from insult, you respect your fellow members and you give a bit of yourself over to the clan. Maybe that 's how this whole thing got started, every clan who reads a bad thing about themselves (even if it's true) will freak out and start flaming (with various degrees of successfulness) simply because you insult something they hold dear.

I understand that things arnt what they used to be in the community, but you must understand that things change and that you have to respect the views and opinions (no-matter how hard they suck) of others when you go to their servers and start playing there.

If you went to our Forums and reported the incident with the admin things would have gone down very diffirently. I've been playing on our servers for a while now and I've NEVER seen anyone kicked/banned simply because they were better.

So, if you ever feel like taking out the noobstick and going at it for a few rounds with some JASA players you are more than welcome to our server. Who knows, you might like it.

;)

Originally posted by mediablitz

This is still my favorite game. If somehow the doom 3 community and jka communities were reversed, JKA would be the single best FPS hands down. That's what frusturates me.

You've summed up my frustration media. I feel your pain.

I think media just loves this game and it breaks his heart that he's the only competetive player in it because this game is so ****ing fun to compete in.

He also talked about how he first stumbled upon FK. I did the exact same thing and was floored by how good sin and spec were on my first visit to their server. I wanted to get that good. I quit my clan (which were mostly NF duelists) and started playing CTF and FF/SO duel religiously.

I guess the real hope here (which is a hope I have long since given up on) for media is that some of the players in the community will open their eyes to what an amazing competetive game this can be as media and I had our eyes opened years ago. It's so frustrating to see such a good game go to waste because the RPG community is so set in their ways and so controlled by their egos that they drive the competetive community to games that aren't as good as this game could be.

Archived