Home

Mediablitz's bitter newbie server list

FlashRam

Here's an idea, I don't know if it'll work but its worth a try I guess. Why not post some of those videos on sites like pcgamemods or jk3files? I'm sure most of the jka community doesn't even know what _actual_ skilled weapon play is like. I for one had no idea until I saw those videos, and now I'm inspired to go out and try it. If more people see it, then I'm sure more people will take an interest in it and it _might_ be revived. I dunno, just a thought.

Saiden

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Saiden

Here's an idea, I don't know if it'll work but its worth a try I guess. Why not post some of those videos on sites like pcgamemods or jk3files? I'm sure most of the jka community doesn't even know what _actual_ skilled weapon play is like. I for one had no idea until I saw those videos, and now I'm inspired to go out and try it. If more people see it, then I'm sure more people will take an interest in it and it _might_ be revived. I dunno, just a thought.

Saiden

Your idea might have worked 2 years ago. But sadly, too many of these bitter admin whores existed even then and killed this game for us. (The first adminmod maker should be castrated, then drawn and quartered for doing this to this series). But now it's too late. The people that made the video's back then, god I wish I still had mine, I'll check, we've all moved on to games where we don't have to put up with that ****. UT2k4, Doom3, CS:Source, Tribes:Vengeance, etc. It'll be extremely difficult to bring any of the real players back. You may get some of the nf saberists to try it, but it'll not be like it was when jk2 1.02 hit the shelves. Too many people in the gun/ff community are just to disenfranchised with this community as a whole. I even used my JK2 and JKA as trade in at EBGames. I didn't even get anything with em yet, just put the trade value on my EB card LOL.

This topic is going to go on forever. There is no use fighting you on a 5 vs 1 with guns cause you will win just like if you fought me with sabers only I would win. I would like to say sorry about eric but we have no idea what happened before or after all that. But either way eric should have not done that. If you want a win verse jasa claim it. I could careless cause thats not how we play the game. You keep telling us to be open minded but your the one that is single minded about nf sabers only being noob. If you guys still think sabers take no skill hop on a duel server and find out. WoV is a good duel server some of the best play there. The fact is more people like playing sabers only that is how the community went and there is no changing it. But this topic is just a bunch of useless garbage and will go on and on. I posted what I had to say. Have fun flaming it.

Originally posted by jasa-chosen

This topic is going to go on forever. There is no use fighting you on a 5 vs 1 with guns cause you will win just like if you fought me with sabers only I would win. I would like to say sorry about eric but we have no idea what happened before or after all that. But either way eric should have not done that. If you want a win verse jasa claim it. I could careless cause thats not how we play the game. You keep telling us to be open minded but your the one that is single minded about nf sabers only being noob. If you guys still think sabers take no skill hop on a duel server and find out. WoV is a good duel server some of the best play there. The fact is more people like playing sabers only that is how the community went and there is no changing it. But this topic is just a bunch of useless garbage and will go on and on. I posted what I had to say. Have fun flaming it.

Incase you missed it, media and i both played nf/so for a while and reached a plateau where we beat everyone and it was just a test of timing and luck.

And thank you to the guys who are being open minded. Very refreshing.

Hi guys! it's me redfive here! It's nice to see you guys all being nice to oneanother.

If you are intrigued by guns this link lists all the JA videos on Own-age

http://own-age.com/vids/list.aspx?game=18

Videos I am fond of are Avalon and oEnt. It was actually oEnt that got me to play CtfGUNs

If you only download one video get this one

http://own-age.com/vids/video.aspx?id=2634

It is a strafe jumping tutorial, possibly the smartest idea I have ever seen :) It has an included document further describing this process. you MUST learn to strafe jump if you want to keep pace with good players.

and like said above please visit http://www.firetrill.com most people there are assholes but I will defend you! :) much love folks, and media Painkiller sucks :D stay with us

If some of the JASA members who think they are "good" at this game only because they have disabled 90% of it (no guns, no explosives, no Force except jump and saber offense\defense, playing only one gametype ["FFA" that isn't really FFA but is actually multiple simultaneous dueling] on only one map [mp/ffa3]) would like to open their eyes and their minds and see what some really good players can do with 100% of the game enabled, with no need for cheats like jetpacks and grapplehooks and insta Force regeneration, check out these videos

Avalon

oEnt

Yes, they are huge downloads, and somewhat repetitious at times, but after watching them it will be hard to make foolish, ignorant posts like "using guns takes no skill" and "only noobs use guns" and "all the good players never use guns" again.

In Avalon, you'll see Jabba outrun a rocket for a long time (starts about 2:16 into the video), and at the end of oEnt you'll see oE Jeff get from one end of ctf4 to the other in about 13 seconds. Make a Solo Game on that map with g_forceregentime 200 and try to match his time. You won't. And they aren't "cheating", they are "strafe jumping". It's easy to do poorly and hard to do well, but it is a critical skill you must have if you want to even begin to consider yourself a "good" player. To elite players like the ones you are dissing, it's something they take for granted. You can learn more about it here

No guns-no explosives-no Force-no "laming" saber duelers, you are right, being a good no Force saber dueler does take some "skill". It's just that playing the game with 100% of it enabled and without cheats like jetpacks and grapplehooks takes a lot more skill. Try it, it's fun! Yes, you'll get killed a lot more and get frustrated until you finally get some skills, but the skills you learn can be used in all the other non-Jedi Knight games out there. Knowing how to bow and whine about laming isn't useful anywhere.

I would like to say sorry about eric but we have no idea what happened before or after all that.

Before that was the exact same thing. you need to accept that your clan has at least two bitter kiddie admins who punish people for being better than they are.

Personally I think the Avalon and oE vids are pretty boring. Mainly the Avalon vid is just real repetitive. It's all frags and it feels like i'm watching the same frags over and over. It's all ctf4 basically too. I wasn't very impressed by it. The oE vid is mostly just shots on total newbies. in tcob almost all the frags are against really strong players, and the footage is all diverse with many different types of frags and shots. The current weapon community has some strong players, but the old DSbr guys were on a different level

That's true but JO was an easier game to get impressive looking shots in :) One video I really enjoyed was Trailblazer cuz it had a diverse amount of maps and also had trickjumps which is cool to see in JA I wish people would pug on other custom maps :\ I like all of tri's maps, bespin towers, yavin ruins, the JK2 map ports are playable regardless of what people say about a model size diffrence. I dunno :\

Just watch some movies guys and come play I'm totally willing to help anyone out who needs some tips or doesn't quit understand strafe jumping or anything :D

Originally posted by mediablitz

Personally I think the Avalon and oE vids are pretty boring. Mainly the Avalon vid is just real repetitive. It's all frags and it feels like i'm watching the same frags over and over. It's all ctf4 basically too. I wasn't very impressed by it. The oE vid is mostly just shots on total newbies. in tcob almost all the frags are against really strong players, and the footage is all diverse with many different types of frags and shots. The current weapon community has some strong players, but the old DSbr guys were on a different level

Takin' Care of Business and Staind are two of my favorite JK2 videos, and I have recommended them to other people http://www.chopshopservers.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=25

I especially liked the shot of Hoodwinker getting mid-air fragged with a stun baton (!) and some guy from FK, either un-something or media-something getting lightninged to death ;)

And, I did say that Avalon and oEnt were "somewhat repetitious".

But, since all this has been happening on Jedi Academy servers, I picked some Jedi Academy videos so the people playing JA and who perhaps never played JK2 could relate to them.

If anyone is curious about full Force full weapon Jedi Academy but doesn't want to download those videos, you can download these much smaller demos

http://www.chopshopservers.com/files/ctfbeasts.zip

http://www.pslclan.com/saltpepper.dm_26

Download the files and unzip the one that is zipped. Make a demos folder in your base folder and put the demo files in it. Then start your game and either select Play Demo from the menu and select demo15.dm_26 or saltpepper.dm_26, or I think you can enter /playdemo (demoname) in the console.

After the demo starts you can enter /cg_thirdperson 1 for a better view. These are by no means some kind of "greatest ever" CTF games or anything, they're just some typical "weapon noobs" playing typical games of full Force (default g_forceregentime 200 by the way, not 0) full weapon CTF. The kind of games that take "no skill" :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Fallen'VS

The funny thing is I let the fugger lightning me cause we were all jerking around and then I end up in the video! BAH! I got my revenge on him though hehehe.

Liar. You change your story all the time. First you let him, then you were afk, now you let him. He did it while you were trying to kill him w/ full ammo and full hp/shields.

go to chop shop. I go there a lot. There are several people who will tell you the best time to fire and stuff like that. Its great.

Media i was trying to watch the JASA vid just to see what all went wrg. But it failed for some reason. Gave me a page of code.

Originally posted by Rumor

Liar. You change your story all the time. First you let him, then you were afk, now you let him. He did it while you were trying to kill him w/ full ammo and full hp/shields.

My ass dude. With lightning he said and I quote "dude let me lightning kill you", I said "sure" and sat there, look at the video rumor you tool. I don't do anything but sit there f@gf@ce! Second thing was with the stun baton and that time I just sat there cause we were all screwing around. I've never changed my story with that so shut your face fawker! :D

Originally posted by Fallen'VS

My ass dude. With lightning he said and I quote "dude let me lightning kill you", I said "sure" and sat there, look at the video rumor you tool. I don't do anything but sit there f@gf@ce! Second thing was with the stun baton and that time I just sat there cause we were all screwing around. I've never changed my story with that so shut your face fawker! :D

/me dodges the chairs josh is throwing.

Quit lying babycakes.

I know you are kidding around Rumor but show fallen some respect on these boards. Check out DSbr's old site:

http://www.spicegirlz.net/dsbr/

check out the TWL scores. FK (who was undefeated on TWL in full force tffa except for the fots hacking fiasco) gave DSbr a pretty good match even though they weren't a full weapon ctf clan, and had barely ever played it. In all fairness (i'll be the first to point out how elite DSbr was) if it had been saber only ctf, FK would have romped them way worse than DSbr beat them in full weapon.

Originally posted by mediablitz

I know you are kidding around Rumor but show fallen some respect on these boards.

You tend to lose all respect for fallen after hearing him sing ABC - Jackson 5

:D

j/p

If anything... I guess we should respect our elders...and lets face it, fallen is a dirty old bastage.:o

Archived