Home

any cheat codes?

Sgt. Zelius

Coming from Battlefield 1942 & Desert Combat, I was so PO'D when cheaters would get online. Will SBF start a Punk Buster program similar to Battlefield 1942? If you don't know what Punk Buster is, it's a program that runs with the game, it didn't allow people with cheats or mods to enter a server that was running Punk Buster.

This is a seperate issue.

I've noticed that WHENEVER people ask for cheats for a game, and it is provided, we are always talking about single player cheats.

Then somebody pops in and says how cheating is so horrible because it ruins games, and they are talking about multiplayer cheating, (sometimes called "hacking" because you're not supposed to do it), then Punkbuster gets brought up, and since no Star Wars game will ever have punkbuster support (I don't know why) then people declare the death of the game.

Years later, still with no punkbuster support, the game lives on, and cheating is virtually nonexistant.

I guess people got paranoid because of JK/MotS being so cheat-prone. ; P

Anyway, those "cheats" listed should really be called "hints." Other than the Jub Jub code, the rest are just tactics and stuff that's part of the game. Obviously anything you "unlock" is not an issue in the PC version.

I heard that if you enter your name as "I SUCK", someone half-decent comes over to your place and plays the game for you...

I don't understand why someone would want to waste so much money on a game only to make it easier to play... go play tic-tac-toe and give your game to someone who likes a challange.

Now if there were anti-cheats that make the game harder, I would love that. Allow me to play as an Ewok with just a few rocks... watch out Storm Troopers.

1 - Cheating (depending on what is the cheat) make not necesserly a game easier, it can make it funnier too. I just remember how many hours ive gave to SWI:Phantom Menace, by killing poeple in mos espa while being invinvible. Woa.

2 - Celui qui parle en français, je te comprends alors fais attention. (transalted : Hey the one who is talking in french, i understand what you are saying so stay aware !)

3 - Hi everyone !

4 - Why xmas is so long to come !! Argh (ill get SWBF at xmas)

Originally posted by jaemz

Now if there were anti-cheats that make the game harder, I would love that. Allow me to play as an Ewok with just a few rocks... watch out Storm Troopers.

Many games incorporate such things. For example, in Halo 2 on legendary mode there are skulls hidden around levels that you can pick up that do many different things. One make every enemy have active camo forever, and so on and so forth.

The french one doesn't really have a right to call us sissy's, while he himself doesn't dare say it to our faces. B'sides, people have the right to decide what they do in their own games.

Furthermore, some games really have sucky bosses or very hard parts, so a small cheat to go on and then continue normally can't hurt then ;)

Then, there's the people that complete the game, then start over, using all kinds of funny cheats, to make cool stuff happen.

I remember that people would spawn speeder bikes, rancors, and Tavions in JA, and held a battle, or when they had the rancor eat the invincible Boba Fett, making his legs stick out of the rancor. (;) again)

That's just fun.

Cheating only 'sucks' and is only for 'sissy's' when it's done online. I mean, what's the point then?

cheat (cht)

v. cheat·ed, cheat·ing, cheats

v. tr.

To deceive by trickery; swindle: cheated customers by overcharging them for purchases.

To deprive by trickery; defraud: cheated them of their land.

To mislead; fool: illusions that cheat the eye.

To elude; escape: cheat death.

For the record I am against cheats, however, I do enjoy easter eggs in games. I think there is a fundamental difference between the two...

Cheating online is for sissys... if you do it offline, the only one you are cheating is yourself.

Archived